Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's v7.0 Customized Distro
Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:47 am Reply with quote

Embarassed

Still rather new at this, tho slowly starting to figure it out. Got the database issue resolved and really must say I like what I can see of the Raven's v7.0 ...

However, I'm having a problem with the GOD user account ... followed instructions for install and set up, then surfed up the admin.php and created the GOD user as directed (filling out all fields and leaving the "make regular account with same name/info" checked to affirmative.) So far so good ... log in and get to drool over all the options offered, until I try to click on preferences or any of the other modules/blocks .. at which point I recieve an "Access Denied".

This is the same for all admin options but, interestingly enough, the regular account does appear to be set up and working fine as I was experimenting and managed to set up my regular user profile/info (tho the avatar picture does dissappear when logged out and back in .. but one problem at a time).

Have checked and made sure (using analyze.php) that the CHMOD settings are correct & reinstalled several times (one clean install) ... now at a loss for why the GOD user can't access any of the admin functions. Any suggestions and/or help would be greatly appreciated.

Much thanks in advance

Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:51 am Reply with quote

Hrrms Question ...

Additional note:

Have to revise my earlier comment re the GOD user's regular account alter-ego ... I can log in ... but it seems the user info (not just the image as I previously believed) is lost with each log-out.

Suspect that both issues (GOD user admin access and the regular user saved info) likely have a common source ... just have no inkling what it might be.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:57 am Reply with quote

We can play 10 questions - or - you can PM me your
site url/adminid/adminpw
ftp url/id/password
phpMyAdmin url/id/pass

I'm on my way into bed but will be back up in a few hours.

Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:09 am Reply with quote

WOW, I really appreciate the swiftness of the response ...

I'll pm you with what I have ... however the server is not mine own and I don't believe the admin actually uses phpMyAdmin ... although I may well be wrong. He and I have been playing tag with the files and settings, with him handling the server side of things and me handling the ftp side. (With me being such a newbie and all, I can't really blame him for wanting to keep me out of the server shell ... at least till I know more about what I'm doing.)

I will speak to him about gaining permission to provide you with login/pswd for whatever it is he does use in place of phpMyAdmin ... might take a couple of days to get a response from him as he's a new daddy and in Australia (where it is already the weekend) ... I hope you won't mind.

Thanks muchly
Maeve

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:07 am Reply with quote

You're fixed Smile. Your $dbtype variable was set to mysql4 which never has worked. You should ALWAYS set it to MySQL.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:20 pm Reply with quote

Thank you Raven !!!

Very Happy

Will have to figure out a way to give a proper thankies come pay-day ... not a whole-lot of disposable cash available, but volunteer assistance like this definitely ought to get something.

Do you prefer pay-pal donation or do you have a wish-list ?

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:10 pm Reply with quote

PayPal is always welcomed Smile - Thanks!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's v7.0 Customized Distro

View next topic
View previous topic