Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Hack Attempt Script
foundsoul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:06 am Reply with quote

Can some one help me? My ip is not protected in my website from being band when i make changes. Can someone help me with this problem?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
srhh
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:55 am Reply with quote

You can protect your admin id's/ip's through the Sentinel main menu.
Go to the "Admin Auth List" in the Sentinel main menu from your nuke administration. Click the little tiny "edit" button next to you admin(s) ID. Then scroll in the drop down box that says "protected" and select "is protected". Then click save. So even if you do something that triggers Sentinel to say your banned, you won't be actually be banned.

foundsoul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:04 pm Reply with quote

i tried that still not working. It ban me when i was ban another ip. Any admin help please?

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm Reply with quote

What version of Nuke and of Sentinel?

Aside from what srhh stated, you also need to go into the protected range menu from the main Sentinel admin screen. Choose display protected ranges and see if your IP is shown. Probably not, it sounds like. Then go to add protected range. If you are just protecting one IP then make the from and the to be whatever your IP is.

You might want to do a display protected ranges after that just to make sure it "took".

foundsoul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:20 pm Reply with quote

Platinum 7.6.b.4
NukeSentinel™ 2.4.2pl1

I added my ip to it and it did take me but still blocks me.

fkelly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:21 pm Reply with quote

I can't speak to the Platinum issue or what might be involved. The Sentinel version you are using is pretty far back there (old).

If you are getting in to make the Sentinel changes, then you aren't being blocked in all circumstances. (Unless you are using a different IP?)

You might want to display blocked IP's and blocked ranges and make sure you are not in there. If so you should unblock it and then protect it. You could also look at your .htaccess file and make sure your IP is not in the deny from area. If so, delete the line it's on.

I don't want to make any recommendations about upgrading Sentinel in view of the fact that I know nothing about Platinum nor what releases of Sentinel it might work with. But as I said at the start, it is a pretty old Sentinel version.

foundsoul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:17 pm Reply with quote

Which .htaccess file one in root or the one in /modules/nukesentinel/ folders?
The one in the modules/nukesentinal/ says "deny from all"

floppydrivez
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:34 am Reply with quote

The .htaccess file in your root is the one fkelly is referring too, I believe.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:58 am Reply with quote

Yes, root. The one in /modules/nukesentinel is meant to keep everyone out of that folder.

foundsoul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:29 pm Reply with quote

fkelly do you have a IM messager?

fkelly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:44 pm Reply with quote

Sorry, I didn't get back here till now. No foundsoul, no IM messenger. Please post any questions here because there are a number of people who can help with them and any one of us may be out of contact on any given day or two or three and the others will always pitch in and cover.

foundsoul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:45 pm Reply with quote

If i would PM you a login and pass for amind on my site would you give it a try?

fkelly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:36 pm Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but I don't have time to dig into this further this weekend. It's not just having the login and password but it could take a considerable time to thoroughly investigate this and it's time I just don't have right now. If you look at srrh's post and mine back at the top of the thread plus the suggestions for looking at the htaccess file, the elements of a solution are probably there. You could try them and post the results here (tell us what you see) and someone will look in and try to help further.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:26 pm Reply with quote

Have you checked your 'banned IP' list to see if your IP is in there?
If it is , you need to remove it and also in your htaccess file.
The htaccess file is at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

geoff_bell
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:33 am Reply with quote

delete your ip fom .htaccess in root.

delete your ip address from nuke_nsnst_blocked_ips via phpmyadmin.

don't forget to protect your ip address (or range offered by isp if using dynamic ip).

get your ip address here ( [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Hack Attempt Script

View next topic
View previous topic