Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
anarcho
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:59 am Reply with quote

ok running two websites with the same setup apart from the themes, [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] works fine but [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] seems to run very slow both sites are on the same server but using different databases, any idea's why [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] is running really slow?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:30 am Reply with quote

Try disabling the forum scroll block there are a lot of tag errors (use Firefox browser).
Also the pic you are using on the front page message is around 107Kb you cold try optimizing the image so it is a smaller file size (a grey scale image shouldnt be that big in terms of byte size).

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:04 am Reply with quote

LOL, interjecting myself ... you might also look at the server logs for the time when skinheads.org.uk loads. It is almost like it is looking for a missing file or something ... but of course that's just intuition on my part or a guess and I'll label it as so. Anyway, it just takes a minute or two to look and you might turn over a stone or two that way.

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:06 am Reply with quote

that is really, really slow. If it were me I would listen to the above posts but also do the following.

Disable

ForumsScroll
ShoutBox
Gallery

Sentinel Scrolling

Then, try to load the page. If it is at a normal speed then reactivate forum scroll. test the home page again. Then if things are fine reactivate shoutbox, test home again. If things are fine reactivate gallery, test home page. If things are fine reactivate the sentinel scrolling. Then check home. It would be my guess that one of these blocks is your issue. This is the easiest way to figure out which one since those are the only ones that should be able to do this to you.
Good luck. Smile

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
anarcho

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:01 pm Reply with quote

did what you guys said and it appears to be the ForumsScroll, still a little odd though as it works fine on the other site. i then activated it and the page generation times appear to be faster as well. thx for the help Smile

jaded

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:10 pm Reply with quote

I am glad that it worked out for you. It might be that it was not happy because there are several scrolling blocks on your site. Sometimes there are conflicts.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:47 pm Reply with quote

In my opinion, it still loads fairly slow, So I tried to impliment its source on my computer and check load time. My result was a few images loaded from your other sites seem to be laggin it out a bit. Id sudjest you add those images to the same domain and load them up so that your browser does not have to leave the site to load those images.

Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:11 pm Reply with quote

I had a similiar problem with images and did what darklord said and I could tell the difference.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
anarcho

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:44 am Reply with quote

did that and it seems to load even better, thanks guys Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic