Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
timallen82

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:41 pm Reply with quote

Hello, I am running RavenNuke76 v2.02.02.

I have added categories and sub-categories.

I have created several groups with their own permissions.

Using the ACP, I can add a download to whichever category or sub-category I want.

If I go to the Submit Downloads Module, no categories show up in the Category drop down box.

Anyway, I have given the appropriate permissions for the Submit Downloads module, but I get no categories showing up in the drop down box!

Thanks in advance for any help!

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:33 pm Reply with quote

Any modifications or addons? Are you using a custom theme?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:56 am Reply with quote

Quote:

If I go to the Submit Downloads Module, no categories show up in the Category drop down box.

I am confused by this sentence. I am not aware of such a module in the 2.02.02 distro. Is this a different Downloads module that you have installed?

I am able to use the "Add Download" link at the top of the Downloads module and am seeing all the categories show up.

timallen82

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:32 am Reply with quote

I'm sorry...I have NSN GR Downloads.

Is that included in the release I mentioned above?

What have I done?!

montego

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:44 pm Reply with quote

timallen82, NSN GR Downloads does not come with RavenNuke; however, NSN Groups does, which is a requirement for NSN GR Downloads. I use NSN GR Downloads on my site and I just tried this out, and I see now the issue. It does appear that categories setup for a specific NSN group are not showing up. Definitely a bug. It works for core nuke user categories, such as "Registered Users Only", but not a NSN Group. Sad

I will have to look at this more over the weekend and see if I can post a fix.

timallen82

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:21 am Reply with quote

Thanks, Motego!

Yeah, I too noticed that if I set the submission permissions to "Registered Users Only" that I could then see the categories in the drop down menu.

I suppose I could set permissions for individual downloads, but it would be better to do it the way we are having trouble with.

I appreciate your help and look forward to your post!

Thanks!

timallen82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:53 pm Reply with quote

Montego:

Any luck getting the NSNGroups to work properly with the Downloads categories?

Thanks!!

montego

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:53 am Reply with quote

Sorry, I did not get this figured out yet. It has me a bit stymied at the moment and did not get time to dig deeper. Will get to it, but not sure exactly when... its next to the top of my list though.

montego

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:19 am Reply with quote

Well, you are not going to believe this... I don't know why display errors turned on did not highlight this issue, but did you happen to also notice that there is no footer on this "Submit Download" page? I didn't either and that pointed to a parse error somewhere.

Turns out, there is a function definition missing (not sure why the original includes file was not used). Here is the fix:

=== OPEN ===

modules/Submit_Downloads/index.php

=== FIND CODE ===

switch($op) {

=== ADD BEFORE ===

Code:
function of_group($gid) {

global $prefix, $db, $user, $admin, $cookie;
    /*if (is_admin($admin)) {
        return 1;
    } else*/if (is_user($user)) {
        cookiedecode($user);
        $guid = $cookie[0];
        $currdate = time();
        $ingroup = $db->sql_numrows($db->sql_query("SELECT * FROM ".$prefix."_nsngr_users WHERE gid='$gid' AND uid='$guid' AND (edate>'$currdate' OR edate='0')"));
        if ($ingroup > 0) { return 1; }
    }
    return 0;
}

That should fix you right up!

timallen82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:05 am Reply with quote

Freakin' SCHWEET!!

You are awesome!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm gonna go add it right now!

timallen82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:15 am Reply with quote

Oh crap...I am having some problems now.

Some weird things are happening.

Everything is working fine on localhost on my laptop, but when I upload everything to my server, I cannot add new users or new Downloads categories. When I add a download, they show up on my server, but I get an error saying the file could not be moved and it doesn't show up in the downloads list

When I go to add a new user, after the info screen and upon hitting submit, I get a blank screen and the user is not added.

If I try and add a Category, it appears to work, but then the category does not show up in the list.

HELP!

Are there folder permissions I am forgetting somewhere?

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:55 am Reply with quote

Probably a parsing error on one of the files you changed. Try to view the files you changed in your browser. If there is a parsing error, you see it displayed (or at least the line where it occurs). If not, you'll get a message saying you can't access the file directly and / or be redirected.

timallen82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:18 pm Reply with quote

Alright, I did a fresh install of RavenNuke76 v2.02.02 Distro.

After that, I was able to import my saved databases for users, forums, NSNGroups, Downloads, etc.

Thanks for everyone's help.

montego

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:02 am Reply with quote

But, you just overwrote your NSN GR Downloads files right? The NSN GR Downloads install has you overwritting the core PHP-Nuke Download files... Did you re-install NSN GR Downloads?

timallen82

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:51 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
But, you just overwrote your NSN GR Downloads files right? The NSN GR Downloads install has you overwritting the core PHP-Nuke Download files... Did you re-install NSN GR Downloads?

I'm sorry...YES, that is correct.

Once I got the core Raven Distro working, I proceeded to install the NSN GRDownloads. Once I was sure that was working correctly with the group permissions (for submissions), etc. I imported my backup tables for all the categories and downloads I had previously created.

I can now successfully control individual downloads by groups (NSNGroups, that is).

I can also control "Submit Downloads" by group.

***What I would REALLY like to do is control what CATEGORIES groups can VIEW. Right now, all members can see all the Downloads categories, but are only prevented from seeing the individual download files.

Is there a way to do this?

montego

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:40 am Reply with quote

Quote:

***What I would REALLY like to do is control what CATEGORIES groups can VIEW. Right now, all members can see all the Downloads categories, but are only prevented from seeing the individual download files.

I now have the same question... Wink... its now on "the list", but not sure when I'll get to it. Had never even realized that this was showing those categories. I agree with you, it would be nice to have the categories and even the downloads behave according to the permissions that are set.

timallen82

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:35 am Reply with quote

Very cool! Thanks for your efforts, Montego. Looking forward to a solution!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic