Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
emmaphp
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:30 am Reply with quote

I see in my website phpbb forums that by default the topics in the 'forum categories' are listed with the most recently posted topic beign at the TOP of the list.

But by default, the messages for each topic are listed with the most recent message at the BOTTOM of the page by default.

I also see that there is the 'Oldes 1st' or 'newest 1st' option at the bottom of the page so you can change the order the messages are listed...so you can change it so the most recent message is at the TOP of the page.

The problem I have is that if you do change the order of the messages being displayed, this change is only temporary and the messages will return to being listed in the default way, (of most recent message at the BOTTOM of the page).

The 2 questions I have is can you set the default way messages are displayed so that they the most recent message is ALWAYS at the TOP until a user changes this?

Also, is it possible to change the default setting of how the 'Topics' are displayed?

Tao_Man
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:41 am Reply with quote

emmaphp wrote:
The 2 questions I have is can you set the default way messages are displayed so that they the most recent message is ALWAYS at the TOP until a user changes this?

Also, is it possible to change the default setting of how the 'Topics' are displayed?

without changing code, no. I am sure with some hack it would be possable but as it is written you can't change it.

emmaphp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:16 pm Reply with quote

Hey Tao_Man...Thanx 4 that!.....But can anyone else shed some light on to this and provide a solution rather than just an explaination?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:19 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

You should consider what you are doing. As new patches come out for phpBB, if you have made too many mods to the forums, you are left with a mess of an upgrade project, and to not upgrade may leave you vulnerable.

Quote:

I do not believe so.

Quote:

But can anyone else shed some light on to this and provide a solution rather than just an explaination?

Regarding my first answer, I would not advise it. But, if you are still so inclined, you might try searching for similar hacks on the phpBB site.

Sorry. Best I can do.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic