Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x
tina
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:04 am Reply with quote

I've recently installed a fresh PHP Nuke 7.6 Patched 3.2 with NukeSentinel 2.5.02

I haven't had the problem, but a user emailed me today he was trying to log in using a different IP address then he normally does. It is not adding the IP to the blocked IP list and the user can still log in from home.

I'm following the general direction of other posts here and the user is going to try again tomorrow.

Is it possible to get all the countries to update at once rather than having to each one individually?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:37 am Reply with quote

Quote:

Is it possible to get all the countries to update at once rather than having to each one individually?

At this point, the tool does not do this. However, Evaders99 posted a hack a few weeks back that you could make to NS to do this automatically. You can find it here:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

tina

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:24 am Reply with quote

Hmmm... well last night I uploaded the one for Australia and for New Zealand (where the user lives that emailed me).

He still had the some problem today - and I tried from work and got blocked.

It isn't something to do with login in from a different IP then the one we would normally use is it? I've just installed 7.6 - a fresh install, however I reinstalled much of my previous database from 7.5 and I have logged on previously from my work computer when it ran 7.5 (as has the user).

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:49 pm Reply with quote

Try importing the IANA Reserved ranges. Another user had luck with only importing that.

oprime2001
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:29 am Reply with quote

Well, you can me to the list of NukeSentinel users who recently upgraded to 2.5.2. Within the day of upgrading, I started having random users blocked.

Since there is no flag to set for checking Invalid IPs, I've commented out the following:

html\includes\nukesentinel.php
Code:
// Invalid ip check

//   if(isset($bypassNukeSentinelInvalidIPCheck) AND $bypassNukeSentinelInvalidIPCheck) {;}   // commented out
//   elseif($nsnst_const['remote_ip']=="none") {                        // commented out
//     echo abget_template("abuse_invalid.tpl");                        // commented out
//     die();                                          // commented out
//   }

1. Are invalid IPs checked anywhere else in other NukeSentinel files?
2. Why does this code segment check if $bypassNukeSentinelInvalidIPCheck is set twice? Or am I misunderstanding what that code segment is doing?
3. If necessary, is there a way to downgrade to a previous NukeSentinel version?

Thanks.

jlmfaf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:31 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
BTW, BobMarion has not been able to replicate this issue in his local environment. He is thinking that somehow values are getting loaded into the IP2C table or were carried over from a prior installation.

If you wipe your nuke_nsnst_ip2country table clean, it should work too. It will not get a hit on the check for the reserved IP.

Would really appreciate it if someone, who can replicate the "Invalid IP" on a regular basis, could verify this by truncating their nuke_nsnst_ip2country table using phpMyAdmin. The command would be:

TRUNCATE TABLE nuke_nsnst_ip2country;

A website that I'm working on is having an issue with this aswell.. mainly AOL users from what I'm gathering.

I'm running NS2.5.0 and call me blind but I don't see a "Proxy Blocker" option.. but I am going to go ahead and do this cmd in mysql for you.. let you know the results in a little bit.

montego

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:08 am Reply with quote

Quote:

I'm running NS2.5.0 and call me blind but I don't see a "Proxy Blocker" option..

I did not mention anything about a "Proxy Blocker", but there is one in NukeSentinel. It is about half-way down on the main configuration page with the label of "Block Proxies:". There are several levels of blocking. I cannot comment, though, on the effectiveness.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:46 pm Reply with quote

oprime2001 and others:

I had an AOL user get blocked after I upgraded. The solution for me was to import the IP2Country stuff. Then it stopped. However, another user noticed that instead of importing all countries, he/she just imported the IANA reserved ranges. Try that and get back to us.

jlmfaf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:52 pm Reply with quote

d***! Sorry! I meant to reply nearly as soon as I posted the above topic.. but completely forgot.

Yes, the truncate did not fix the problem we were having.. however importing the IP2C data works it all out..

Actually I was on the phone w/ an AOL user and had them test it before each step, truncate failed, reloaded page before importing IANA data.. loaded IANA data and then the website opened up to this AOL user..

I went ahead and imported US, Unallocated and Unrecognized(i think) data aswell.. not going to bother clicking every one of them.. unless we come across any other issues..

Thanks for this simple fix!

So in the end -> IANA IP2C Data solves the problem originaly brought up.

oprime2001

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:05 am Reply with quote

What I find disconcerting is the fact that users were being blocked/banned without any notification to the admin. I only found out about the issues when a second user posted on the board about the "invalid IP" ban for the first user. If these two users were not brothers in RL, I would not know about this problem.

I know that you can set notification for admin, clike, scripting, etc. -type of intrusions. Is it possible to get notification for any and all bans -- invalid IPs, etc.?

Thank you.
p.s. the proxy blocker is also seemingly blocking/banning users even though I have "Block Proxies:" set to off on the "NukeSentinel(tm) Administration" page.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:53 am Reply with quote

Guys, I don't think folks are necessarily "banned" by the "Invalid IP" notice. There are no blockers per se for this. It is just a wholesale check to make sure they are not trying to "spoof" an IP that is not valid (yet). If they had gone to a different computer, with a different IP that is not in the IANA Reserved, they could have gotten on with no problems.

Therefore, you will not see that IP show up in the Blocked IPs. I think it just throws up the message. Therefore, there is nothing to email to the admin.

I believe that there is a Forum here for NukeSentinel Enhancement Requests. It would be best to get these in there so that the author(s) will see them.

oprime2001

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Guys, I don't think folks are necessarily "banned" by the "Invalid IP" notice. There are no blockers per se for this. It is just a wholesale check to make sure they are not trying to "spoof" an IP that is not valid (yet). If they had gone to a different computer, with a different IP that is not in the IANA Reserved, they could have gotten on with no problems.

Therefore, you will not see that IP show up in the Blocked IPs. I think it just throws up the message. Therefore, there is nothing to email to the admin.

I believe that there is a Forum here for NukeSentinel Enhancement Requests. It would be best to get these in there so that the author(s) will see them.

I think that there is a bit of confusion all around -- maybe all on my part. What I am seeing with a couple of my users is that they are being blocked with "Invalid IP" messages even when coming from non-IANA reserved IPs.

Quote:
You have attempted to access this site with an invalid IP.

If you think this is a mistake you can contact the site webmaster at {edited}.

Be SURE to include the following information in any email!
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
Remote Address: 24.66.94.{edited}
Client IP: none
Forwarded For: 24.78.174.{edited}

You've made my point exactly. "There are no blockers per se for this. ... you will not see that IP show up in the Blocked IPs. I think it just throws up the message. " How would I know that users were being blocked -- legitimately or not -- if I don't know about it. There's that saying about a tree falling on a squirrel in the forest ...

Per your suggestion, I've gone ahead and posted an enhancement request.

Thank you.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:47 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

You've made my point exactly.

Yup... thanks for starting the additional thread.

djrino
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:40 pm Reply with quote

I'ave the same problem some users are bloked

please anyone explain in in simple way how to fix it?

many tnx

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:23 pm Reply with quote

Load the IP2Countries data files

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
djrino

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:52 am Reply with quote

hi evaders99

i have downloaded the ip2countries on it ave a separate country.sql

now i have loaded my country but the bug continue.
please do you post a link of a correct IP2Countries data files

many tnx for your reply

evaders99

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:34 am Reply with quote

Did you load all of them?

djrino

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:35 am Reply with quote

no only for my country..
im going to install all country

many tnx for reply

djrino

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:31 pm Reply with quote

Hi evaders99

i have loaded all of them (ip2c sql files) and the bug persit..
some users not ave acces to my site..

i heve readed and followed 2 times the installation procedure on the editcorefile..

al is ok..

please if not find a solution are any way to come back to the older version of sentinel?

many tnx

evaders99

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:28 pm Reply with quote

Is this the latest from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ?

djrino

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:28 am Reply with quote

Hi evaders99
i heve downloaded from other phpnuke site...
now i have downloaded and revrited all the filies with the original from nukescript.net and now it work Smile

Many tnx for your time Tnx Man

igormm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:42 am Reply with quote

i have allso the problem with users cant come to my site, an invalid ip shows, i did update ipc2 but the problem is still there. can i ask where can i find : IANA IP2C Data? to try if this will fix my problem.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:13 am Reply with quote

The data comes as part of the Sentinel file set.

igormm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:21 am Reply with quote

ok i did that update.
as i check i have allmoust only problems with users from USA (aol the moust), australia..

evaders99

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:55 am Reply with quote

You must get the appropriate updated IP2Countries data files from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Once you put them into the import folder, you have to use Sentinel's Import to IP2Countries feature to put all the data in

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x

View next topic
View previous topic