Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
s60addict
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:02 am Reply with quote

i just noticed 3 weird problems on ravenNuke fourms.

Code:
1. If a user is not logged in and he clicks on the post reply button in IE, it takes him to the normal login page.

But IN FIREFOX, if a user is not logged in and he clicks on the post reply button from the forum, he is taken to a page which displays only the overall header and nothing else. Not even the footer or login body.

Code:
2. If a user is already logged in and clicks on post reply, he is taken to the normal post reply screen.

In case of firefox, the smilies work fine.

But in Internet Explorer, even if u keep clicking on smilies, the smilie code doesnt apper in the body (where u rite the message to reply).

Also, smilies work fine using quick reply in both browsers!

Code:
3. Im using Advanced Quick Reply Hack which has hide/show button. The button appears correctly in Firefox.

But in internet explorer, it appears messed up. Like it comes on the signature of the previous poster. When u click on it, it displays the normal quick reply. After refreshing the page, it again appears correctly.

Please tell me what cud be the prob coz if 1 thing gives error in 1 browser, it works well in another and vice-versa !

Im totally messed up after seeing this totally weird problems !

PS: im using Advanced Quick Reply Hack (with hide/show) & Advanced BBCode Box hack !

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:40 am Reply with quote

Please help coz now even my site members have started complaing !!!

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Thnx

s60addict

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:29 am Reply with quote

FOR THE SMILIES NOT INSERTING ISSUE,

the internet explorer status bar showed javascript error, when i clicked on it, it said,

"Error: 'baseHeight' is undefined"

I think there is some problem with the advanced bbcode box javascript files !

Any help?

s60addict

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:23 am Reply with quote

FIX FOR THE SMILIES PROBLEM !

>>HERE<<

srhh
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:15 am Reply with quote

I do know Firefox is more picky when it comes to reading HTML than IE is. Maybe not necessarily more picky, but Firefox actually reads it correctly. I tried to reproduce your problem on my site by hitting the post reply button to see what would happen in Firefox and got the login page fine, so maybe there is some HTML in your theme that Firefox is trying to sort out. Try changing the theme and see if you still have the same problem.

s60addict

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:36 am Reply with quote

Well, i used to have this theme earlier on php-nuke 7.8 and it worked just fine !!!

so mayb i might have messed up with some code (i dont really remember if i did so)...

srhh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:44 am Reply with quote

Themes that are made for 7.8 sometimes don't work well in other versions and can cause problems like the ones you are describing. See if there is a version of the theme you are using made for 7.6. (Sometimes the more popular themes have a few versions available.)

s60addict

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:46 am Reply with quote

Well, it is a commercial theme with only one version !!! Sad

srhh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:49 am Reply with quote

Hmmm, if you bought it, it may be worth contacting that people who made it and see if there is something they can further suggest.

s60addict

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:52 am Reply with quote

Well, i think there is some error in posting_body (either of subsilver or the theme) or mayb posting.php

wat say?

s60addict

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:25 am Reply with quote

here is a screenshot how it looks in INTERNET EXPLORER whereas it works absolutely fine in FireFox !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic