Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
spudthebinx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:22 pm Reply with quote

Hi, I have RavenNuke76 v2.02.02 which was installed over a nuke 7.7 install. I ran the downgrade script and the site is working fine other than some admin problems. It seems some changes made under the admin panel is not saved after clicking 'save'. An example is any changes made to modules does not save, although changes made to admin accoutns themselves, do save (email address for example).

Has anyone seen this before? I assume it's a database problem, but I am unsure what to look for.

Thanks

David

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:07 pm Reply with quote

well theres a difference between the 2 databases structure...,meaning your old one and the new...
what exactly did you do after downgrading it?

spudthebinx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:07 pm Reply with quote

I ran the nuke 7.7 to 7.6 script, uploaded raven and manualy configured the config.php, thats all I have done really. Do you mean there is a difference between the standard 7.6 database and raven database?

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:24 pm Reply with quote

yes cause running the install of the database tables adds a a few other stuff ...
im not completely sure how your site will be running now or in the near future..

if possible try to replace your old database with the one that is created when you run the install..
if you do that,.. use a different database...cause the new install clears your database.. Laughing

after that try to impost the info from the old to the new..
yeah big job,i know..

spudthebinx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:15 pm Reply with quote

Well I had a hack around after installing a fresh ravennuke and comparing the 2 databases my eye, and found that the modules table was missing a field called 'groups'. Having added that it now seems to work. I am going to spend this week comparing all the tables to see if anything else is missing. I will serach for a comparison tool in the morning to hopefully make it easier.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Smile

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:39 pm Reply with quote

ah i knew it...
i wasnt sure..
i didnt wanna be responsible for messing up your site...
thing is,the install gives the yes or no to groups install but its all over the ravennuke files..
so thats where it went wrong..
cause you were using your old database it doesnt show the miscount of fields in the table...
ok solved then.. Wink

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quote

Step 2 in the install of the SQL was skipped. You could execute the SQL that is in rn76_nsngroups.sql through phpMyAdmin and you should then have all the necessary tables and altered tables.

This file should be in the RavenNuke download under the INSTALLATION/sql folder.

spudthebinx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:53 am Reply with quote

so if I run rn76_nsngroups.sql it wont delete the data I have, but will add the missing fields? I really cant afford to lose my data which is what got me into this situation in the first place

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:18 am Reply with quote

well there is one you already did right?

Well this is the nsngroups ...
exclude what you already did and do the rest.. Smile

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `nuke_nsngr_config`;
CREATE TABLE `nuke_nsngr_config` ( `config_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `config_value` text NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`config_name`) ) TYPE=MyISAM;

INSERT INTO `nuke_nsngr_config` VALUES ('perpage', '50');
INSERT INTO `nuke_nsngr_config` VALUES ('date_format', 'Y-m-d');
INSERT INTO `nuke_nsngr_config` VALUES ('send_notice', '1');
INSERT INTO `nuke_nsngr_config` VALUES ('version_number', '1.7.1');

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `nuke_nsngr_groups`;
CREATE TABLE `nuke_nsngr_groups` ( `gid` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `gname` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', `gdesc` text NOT NULL, `gpublic` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `glimit` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `phpBB` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `muid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`gid`) ) TYPE=MyISAM;

INSERT INTO `nuke_nsngr_groups` VALUES (1, 'Moderators', 'Moderators of this Forum', 0, 0, 3, 5);

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `nuke_nsngr_users`;
CREATE TABLE `nuke_nsngr_users` ( `gid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `uid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `uname` varchar(25) NOT NULL default '', `trial` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `notice` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `sdate` int(14) NOT NULL default '0', `edate` int(14) NOT NULL default '0' ) TYPE=MyISAM;

INSERT INTO `nuke_nsngr_users` VALUES (1, 5, '', 0, 0, 2005, 0);

ALTER TABLE `nuke_blocks` ADD `groups` TEXT NOT NULL AFTER `view`;
ALTER TABLE `nuke_message` ADD `groups` TEXT NOT NULL AFTER `view`;

//////////////////// ^^^^^^^\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ above not dont yet

ALTER TABLE `nuke_modules` ADD `groups` TEXT NOT NULL AFTER `view`;

this one you did..

spudthebinx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:22 am Reply with quote

Ah thats cool, I will get those done tonight when I get home. Thanks muchly!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic