Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
marcelolaia
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:11 am Reply with quote

Hi,

I alredy read all related post here. Anyone had been solved my problem.

I am receiving emails when a NukeSentinel block anyone but when I try to recover a lost password or register a new user, the activation email never arrives.

I did a test with a script posted here:

Code:
<?php

$message = "If everything is working, this mail should be sent to the address that you specify.  If it does not work, then your mail server has issues sending mail with the values below.  Change them till they work or change your server setup.  If that's not an option, I don't know what to tell you.";
$message = wordwrap($message, 70);
$subject = 'test the nuke php mail()';
$from = 'bogusaddress@mydomain.com ';
$reply = 'myloginname@yahoo.com ';
$to = 'myanothermail@myserver.com.br';
$headers = 'From: $from\r\n'.
   'Reply-To: $reply\r\n'.
   'X-Mailer:PHP/' . phpversion();

mail($to,$subject,$message, $headers);
?>

and the message arrives on my mailbox!!! Then, my mail() php function is working good.

Then, I did all changes in /modules/Your_Account/index.php suggested here and nothing!!

Anyone could help me???

Thank you very much

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:37 am Reply with quote

One thing that I'd look for is whether some spam filter is making your emails "disappear". I say that because we know that the RN 2.02.00 distro your_account does in fact send confirmation emails in many circumstances ... I have two sites where it works and there are many others where it works also. Plus you've shown that your PHP Mail function works.

Do you have a lot of users who aren't getting these emails? And can you confirm what distribution you are running, your post is in the RN 2.02 area but you don't say explicitly that you are using this distribution.

Since you appear comfortable making code changes, if you can confirm that a spam filter is not to blame, that you have the latest distribution and that a number of users are affected, I would probably put some kind of echo in your_account/index.php right where the mail function is triggered to say someing like "email generated " and list the values of the variables where it is being sent. That way you could at least be sure that your_account is working properly in that context and turn to looking at what the server is doing with the email at that point.

marcelolaia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:45 am Reply with quote

Hi fkelly,

I am using RN 2.02.02.

I had been backuped my old phpnuke BD and install RN from zero! Then, I have only two users in my new installation! I will be insert old users after. But, in the begin tests I get this error, then I had only tow users. But, I test users inserts with three domain: myself, yahoo and gmail. Anyone works.

I an few moments ago, after read your post, I did a test: I start to get confirmation pass to administrator. i get next message:
Quote:
From - Sat Aug 26 14:07:43 2006
X-Account-Key: account2
X-UIDL: 4266926200014246
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
Return-Path: <myuser@mymailserver.com>
X-Original-To: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Delivered-To: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Received: from localhost (localhost.mymailserver.com [127.0.0.1])
by jaragua.mymailserver.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id F0C7711426F
for <myuser@mymailserver.com>; Sat, 26 Aug 2006 14:07:19 -0300 (BRT)
Received: from by localhost (amavisd-new, port ) id l2rds8X9
for <myuser@mymailserver.com>; Sat, 26 Aug 2006 14:07:13 -0300 (BRT)
Received: from free218.mymailserver.com (free218.mymailserver.com [200.xxx.xxx.xxx])
by jaragua.mymailserver.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 754C3114268
for <myuser@mymailserver.com>; Sat, 26 Aug 2006 14:07:13 -0300 (BRT)
Received: from free218.mymailserver.com (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by free218.mymailserver.com (8.13.6/8.13.6) with ESMTP id k7QH7iiV070906
for <myuser@mymailserver.com>; Sat, 26 Aug 2006 14:07:44 -0300 (BRT)
(envelope-from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ])
Received: (from www@localhost)
by free218.mymailserver.com (8.13.6/8.13.6/Submit) id k7QH7iNH070905;
Sat, 26 Aug 2006 14:07:44 -0300 (BRT)
(envelope-from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ])
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 14:07:44 -0300 (BRT)
Message-Id: <200608261707.k7QH7iNH070905@free218.mymailserver.com>
X-Authentication-Warning: free218.mymailserver.com: www set sender to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] using -f
To: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Subject: =?ISO-8859-1?Q? ***SPAM*** C=F3digo de Confirma=E7=E3o para administrator?=
From: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
X-Mailer: PHP/
X-Virus-Scanned: by amavisd-new at myserver.com
X-Amavis-Alert: BAD HEADER Non-encoded 8-bit data (char F3 hex) in message header 'Subject'
Subject: C\363digo de Confirm... ^
X-Spam-Status: Yes, hits=6.3 tagged_above=5.0 required=6.0 tests=BAYES_80,
NO_REAL_NAME, SUBJ_ILLEGAL_CHARS
X-Spam-Level: ******
X-Spam-Flag: YES

Conta do usuário 'administrator' a Associa&ccedil;&atilde;o de P&oacute;s-Graduandos está associada a este e-mail. Um usuário da Web 200.xxx.xxx.xxx Houve um pedido de Código de Confirmação para alteração da Senha.

Seu Código de Confirmação é: 63jhsuhvayw

Com este Código você pode agora solicitar uma nova Senha [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Se você não solicitou este e-mail não se preocupe. Apague-o sem maiores problemas!

I see a Warmings:
Quote:
X-Authentication-Warning: free218.mymailserver.com: www set sender to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] using -f

This, probable, is the cause and you are right:
Quote:
One thing that I'd look for is whether some spam filter is making your emails "disappear".

I can make changes in the code, but I dosent are secure to modify the code by myself. I am able to find, copy and paste! Could you make that changes in YA/index.php for me? I will very gratfull to you.

But, after inspect this post you could get another suspect.

Remember that I alread did changes in YA/index.php mail

Thank you very much

Last edited by marcelolaia on Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total 
fkelly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:02 pm Reply with quote

I'm not sure I fully understand the problem. Are some users getting the emails, say at gmail etc. but others are not? Is it the spam filter that's stopping the email after the server you are running Nuke on sends it out? If so, I don't know what you'd do about that except have them change their spam filter settings if they can.

Personally, I do not make a practice of making code changes on other people's sites, even if I understand exactly what the solution is. That's a slippery slope I'd rather not go down and I'm retired from doing "real" work. In this case I don't even know what code changes to recommend or even whether any are appropriate.

marcelolaia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:09 pm Reply with quote

Dear fkelly,

I speak Brazilian Portuguese and I dosent speak english very well. Please, I am sorry!

I would like to explain my problem more clear.

1. Two or 3 years a go I set up a site to my group: undergraduate and Ph.D students in my University/School [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] I have done it in a Pentium mmx 200 with 40 mb of RAM (EDO) work in our office room and I start with phpnuke 7.8.

2. Now, we upgrade our hardware. Then, I can set up a fresh instalation of phpnuke and I start with a nuke more secure. I now nukescripts from 1998 and it is secure for me. Then, I get ravenuke 7.6 2.02.02 for this. I have done a backup in our database and delete all script from root directory. Of course, I delete the old DB, too.

3. I set up raven nuke full in a new DB.

4. After all was work very well I will include in our new DB all old data that I will need (old users, gallery, stories, polls, links, etc). This step was not done yet!

In the time of I test it I call about six friend to subscribe in it. Then I discovery the problem. I dosent have anyone users in the DB. Only administrator and normal user did in setup start (together administrator set up).

I am very thanks to you.

I will find with my server administrator with there are problems in send messages. I suppose that are a problem in sender because the messages are sended from
Quote:

This issue cause another reason in the server
Quote:

At the end of headers we see
Quote:
X-Amavis-Alert: BAD HEADER Non-encoded 8-bit data (char F3 hex) in message header 'Subject'
X-Spam-Status: Yes, hits=6.3 tagged_above=5.0 required=6.0 tests=BAYES_80,
NO_REAL_NAME, SUBJ_ILLEGAL_CHARS
X-Spam-Level: ******
X-Spam-Flag: YES

I will read more about this headers information for decide what I will do. Any suggetion is appreciated.

Thank you

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:23 am Reply with quote

It does seem to indicate those messages are being tagged as spam.

It looks like its detecting illegal characters from here
Code:

Does your site name use nonalphanumeric characters?

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
fkelly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:20 pm Reply with quote

marcelolaia You are doing just fine at explaining your problem. Your English is way better than my Portuguese or even my Spanish despite the years that I took it.

Aside from the issue that Evaders raised and which may be a source of your problems I know that my email spam filters catch any email that's sent from my site, even to myself. Even though the from address is my own the filters can tell that it's not legitimate and they dump it into a spam folder. There's no way that I know of to trick them and I don't have the time to be looking into email headers. I can still read the email even though it's in a spam folder but if I had chosen different settings I could have it be deleted automatically. So, I am asking if it's possible to have your users adjust their filters or whether the email is getting deleted before it ever gets to them at all.

marcelolaia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:30 pm Reply with quote

Hi evaders99,

Quote:
Does your site name use nonalphanumeric characters?

No!

Here is site name:

Quote:
Associação de Pós-Graduandos

On the DB, it is:

Quote:
Associa&ccedil;&atilde;o de P&oacute;s-Graduandos

But, the problem pointed out by you is on the subject. The subject is:

Quote:
Código de Confirmação para webadmin

But, the server system change it to:

Quote:
C\363digo de Confirm...
^^^^^

Another things that I see is:

Quote:

How I change the sender? In another server, the sender was [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]!!!

Thank you

marcelolaia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:39 pm Reply with quote

Hi fkelly,

Thank you!

The filters are in the server!!! Then, the e-mails never arrives to a user! I looking for a way to change the headers on the php scripts (/ya/index.php).

Thank you

evaders99

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:34 pm Reply with quote

Sorry, I guess I mean non-Roman characters

Can you try changing the site name to not use special non-Roman characters?

fkelly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:25 pm Reply with quote

I'm 100 percent with Evaders on this. If you can solve this problem by making the site name use "normal" characters that is BY FAR the simplest approach. There may be solutions that wouldn't necessitate that but I know that I don't have time to be in there monkeying around with headers and how they are generated especially since I wouldn't even be sure that would solve the problem.

evaders99

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:37 am Reply with quote

I'm not sure this is correct approach, but I'm leaving this here as a possible fix. From what I've researched, this may fix the problem
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

marcelolaia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:56 am Reply with quote

I am doing all suggestion... Wink a litte bit more time and I put here the feedback.

marcelolaia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:53 pm Reply with quote

Hi all,

After many tests I figure out the problem!

My hostserver dosent send messages to out of itself. Then, if the adreess mail is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] the messages arrives normaly. But, if the adreess is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ], the messages isnt sended.

Could you suggest me wath to do?

Thank you very much

evaders99

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:46 pm Reply with quote

Ask that your host provide a real mail server Smile

marcelolaia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:17 pm Reply with quote

This isnt possible! Smile

Our site was hosted in our University (college) and we dosent pay for it. Wink

Thank you very much

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic