Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
probador

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:34 am Reply with quote

Here is the thing:

I designed a web for the last 4 months based on raven v2 and later on, upgraded with nuke sentinel 2.5.02. When I uploaded it to the server, it worked fine for 1 day. Then, suddenly, when I woke up, all the pages were blank (verything related to phpnuke, I have a standalone coppermine also installed, with different code and database and it is still working).

I get a blank page on every single file: modules, index, admin, etc...
Tried to activate show errors on maifile --> blank page

Then I downloaded all the files and sql to my local server (easyphp) and it worked.

Then I called the hosting guys and they had no idea, but they reset the server and it started working again!! (without changing a single file, just reseting the server).

Here's the thing, for 3 nights in a row, the blank page shows again and we have to reset the server until next day.

I have no clue what could be happening: obviously there's some code that the server does not like, but it is able to keep on loading static pages or other php different from phpnuke.

I have tried really hard to emulate the error by clicking everyth or messing with nukesentinel but I've had no success so far...

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance u guys.

Bluezzz
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:24 pm Reply with quote

What Apache/PHP/MySQL/phpMyAdmin are you running your nuke under ... what version numbers for each? What do you mean by Raven v2? Do you mean RavenNuke76 2.xx.xx? What exact version of RN are you running, what exact version of NukeSentinel are you running? I'm sure this info would be helpful for those that can help here.

Also, do a google search (with Raven clicked) for "blank pages" (without quotes) and see what comes up for you there. You can likewise do a broader web search but it's best to start with only Raven pages for now.

probador

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:44 pm Reply with quote

First of all, thanks for your reply.

I'll try to answer as much as possible:

1.- Google "blank pages" in ravenphpnuke: that's exactly what I've been doing for the last couple of days. There are tons of blank pages issues, but none of them was similar to mine as far as I've been able to see.

2.- Version of Raven: RavenNuke76 2.xx.xx ---> It was the previous version of the current v.2.02.02 (I downloaded it in April 2006). I dont remember the exact number or where to look for it, but definitely 2.xx.xx.

3.- Version of nuke sentinel: as I said: 2.5.02, with standard configuration, except for the ip2country tables --> I had to empty all the tables except for the IANA Reserved entries. For further info on this (I dont think its related to the error) ---> [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

4.- PHP version of remote server: PHP Version 4.1.2

5.- Apache:

Apache Version Apache/1.3.23
Apache Release 10323100
Apache API Version 19990320
Hostname:Port xxxxxx.com:80
User/Group apache 48/48
Max Requests Per Child: 1000 - Keep Alive: off - Max Per Connection: 100
Timeouts Connection: 300 - Keep-Alive: 15

6.- phpMyAdmin version: 2.5.0

7.- MySQL: 3.23.56

I'll be happy to provide you with any other relevant info.

Thanks again for your time.

Last edited by probador on Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total 
montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:50 pm Reply with quote

Your host is really in bad shape here... can't believe they are still back on old version of PHP nad mySQL. Makes me question their ability to support you. RavenNuke is certified to run on:

Apache 1.3.x (latest "x")
PHP 4.4.x
mySQL 4.1.x

Not sure what could be causing this very odd behaviour. Nothing is going to just work for a day and then without any "touching" of it, just go off-line like this, unless server issues or being hacked. My guess is your host is having issues at the server level...

Might want to consider getting a better host.

probador

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:04 pm Reply with quote

I am changing to another hosting right now.

My guess was that during the night, some google bot, hack attempt or sth similar tried to enter the site and nukesentinel executed an invalid operation for the server and crashed sth. This is just my imagination....

It is really weird, but I admit that the 1st thing to do is get a server that complies with the minimum features.

I swear this happens without me touching a single file / sql, in fact, as I told you, if I download the non-working version of the server and restore it locally, it works perfectly.

I'll keep you updated (if the error happens again in the new server I'll want to die!!)

Thanks for your help, montego and Bluezzz

PS: Any1 knows what exactly could be frozen in the server so that when it resets phpnuke starts working again ?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:14 am Reply with quote

I cannot see any logical reason why your nuke site crashes but your gallery script is still working.
If it was a case of excessive resource usage on the server it would affect everything but you say you have a stand alone gallery script working on the same site.

Do you have phpmyadmin installed or a control panel like plek or cPanel?
If you have, it might be worth trying to look at the database when the site has crashed to see if any of the tables are 'locked'.

probador

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:47 pm Reply with quote

Ok, so following your recommendations I changed my hosting server. The web has been online for 1 week and no crashes /errors...

I uploaded the same files and databases as in my old server.

I guess we'll never know how exactly that weird error was produced, but the happy ending is what it counts.

thanks again for your support and dedication.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:55 pm Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for the update!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic