Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
big-k

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:54 am Reply with quote

Hi i recently downloaded the rn76 v2.02.02 and tryed to upload it but i get as far the install core tables and i get this message ERROR! The exact error message that your MySQL server reported is Query was empty. i have done a forum search and found the same error but don't seem to find an answer or at least one that i can understand.
A couple of things i was not sure off was weather or not to unzip the sql files in the installation file before i ftp so i did try it both ways with no differance, As you can probably tell before i started this i thought a pc was just for games and this is a hole new world, i did successfully have nuke 7.8 running on my site but as it was such early days i decided to get the best i could at the start so i removed all old files and downloaded Raven's version.
I have phpmyadmin v2.6.3-pl1 MySQL 5.0.22 and using filezilla ftp and dreamweaver 8 to mod the config file.

i hope this is enough info plz any help in very simple terms would be appreciated.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:59 pm Reply with quote

One question, are you uploading the sql directly into phpmyadmin or are you trying to use the installer provided with Ravennuke.

If you are trying to upload the sql file directly, please try the installer provided.

Sometimes the server itself has problems dealing with files that windows saves in a different format.
Best advice, open with a proper text editor, wordpad and notepad are good but they like to change the format on certain files. I always use my phpexperteditor to open such files as It keeps it in the format the server can read but that is a proper editor for php files, I cheat to get away with editing other files as well. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:43 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the swift reply i am useing the installer provied, when you say use a proper text editor is this instead of dreamweaver to change the config file ?

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:33 am Reply with quote

A good text editor that I use is Crimson Editor and it is free.....Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
big-k

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:57 am Reply with quote

Ok just to let you know i used php expert 4.0 to check the config file and then tryed the installer again but with the same result.
At the top of the installer it say's

MySQL Database Connectivity Test Results

config.php file found!
Successfully connected to mysql9.streamline.net as user ****** and assigned password!
Database ******* found!
so i quess all is ok with the config file.
Is there a simple to explain way to populate the DB without the installer ? as the sql files are differant to a standard version of nuke i can't tell what i should upload.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:25 am Reply with quote

big-k, what version of mySQL are you using?

big-k

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:15 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
big-k, what version of mySQL are you using?
MySQL 5.0.22

montego

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:17 am Reply with quote

That could be the problem. RavenNuke (PHP-Nuke 7.6) is only certified to work on mySQL 4.1.x.

I wouldn't even know what to look at as we have not progressed into 5.0 as yet... soon...

big-k

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:21 am Reply with quote

Ok thanks guess i should have piced up on that sorry to waist your time with it

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:04 pm Reply with quote

Query was empty - mmm doesn't make much sense. You can try and run the .sql files manually and see if they work.

If not, give us the error messages. It would be good to see where MySQL 5 falters on this.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
big-k

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:44 pm Reply with quote

I loaded the core pl32 sql file manually and it seems to work site is up, should i also load the other sql files in the intallation folder manually ? The only thing i have tryed is the registration email and that doesnt work but thats a common topic.

evaders99

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:38 am Reply with quote

Need to load the NSN groups and Sentinel sql files I think

big-k

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:57 pm Reply with quote

Because i'm loading manually do i just load them in th db or do they have to go somewhere specific ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic