Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
sage04
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quote

how do i add another admin? the process is kind of weird to me and i just tried to do it with my friend and he couldnt login.

do i have to have an accout already exisiting that i want to make and super admin?? if so how do i do it

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:32 pm Reply with quote

try this...

---> Administration Menu--->edit admins----->Add a New Administrator.... and i fill all fields like real name, email and etc..

or explain the step you took..

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:56 pm Reply with quote

What hitwalker said. Also, you should let us know what release of Nuke you are running and whether you have Sentinel installed and whether you have the HTTPauth process running (that's an additional login protection for your admin screens). If so, you may have to ask Sentinel to scan for new admins.

sage04

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:37 pm Reply with quote

ok i did that and yes i have sentinal and httpauth access, thanks for thlling me about the scan thing, so after i do this, the person can just login using the information i had used in add a new administator thing?? he can login like a regular member and post in forums right? or just acess the admin.php

fkelly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:48 pm Reply with quote

There is an authors table that holds the valid admin id's and a users table that holds the regular user id's. The logins to them are separate. It is common practice to use the same usernames in both but probably not a good idea from a security point of view. But nevertheless you will need to create the usernames and ids both as users and as admins and then in the admins administration you'll need to give each one the privileges you want them to have. You after all are GOD (tm).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic