Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...
gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:35 pm Reply with quote

redo the edits and look over what was redone, My post was edited to make it so the forums PROPERLY made a logg.

For a while there I was having trouble getting all this to act properly and now its ok.

Just to let you know, It will make the file once you have entered the admin panel.

If your admin name is not set, It will NOT write to the logg.

Now onto the moderators Laughing

I think I'll take a break from it tonight, but pm me on yahoo if you have any further problems.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:16 pm Reply with quote

Interesting approach, darklord. If MySQL had triggers (they're coming!) it would be easy, and you could set it at the table level. This approach has merit - but you could also store it in a DB table, and your admin module could search it...just a thought.

gregexp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:37 pm Reply with quote

google doesnt have a translator for that Laughing
j/k

Ive never seen that approach, and have no clue how to empliment such an idea, care to elaborate?

And if you mean the sql for the admin. Thought about it, And I like to use the database, but the more you put in, the more resources the site uses and I thought perhaps it would be easier considering the few resources fopen uses to logg it in a file, Also gives them the ability to grab the logg through [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

What a job though.

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:48 pm Reply with quote

I'll leave triggers for another day (not because it's complicated, but because it's pointless given most everyone uses a version of MySQL that doesn't support it).

As for logging it in the database, I think you understand the tradeoffs of using a DB table compared to logging in a text file.

Either approach (text file vs. db) would affect performance (you've already go the DB connection open to get the data anyway). By having the data in a table, you could edit it, search it, even build an application to use it (e.g. IP lookup, banning, user editing, emailing, etc...).

gregexp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:27 am Reply with quote

Actually, I was thinking something like that, But from a few tests I ran on a local server, Calling information with fopen, Reduces server resources even with the connection open.

Heres the test I ran, I called 18 text files to be open.
then called 18 sql commands.

sql-raised by 2.4
fopen raised by 1.3

almost half

but after continually fopening, like 100 or so caused almost double the resources.
So I do see the benefits and downside.

I thought perhaps with nuke wysiwyg Wink all those would also be applicable.
being able to search it, call off it and a whole lot more. The file I used to grab each query seems to be almost like the last file in line to the mysql database, building this into an application able to be integrated with sentinel and other applications would be awesome. perhaps another day and pretty much a remake of it would be the best approach.

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:17 pm Reply with quote

I must've missed the link to nukeWYSIWYG...I'm getting old I guess.

Another issue with using a DB approach is that NukeSentinel would intercept bad SQL before we could log it (of course, NukeSentinel logs it, too). Maybe we could piggyback off NukeSentinel to store / log the SQL statements under certain configurable circumstances (e.g. on / off, this module, not that module, etc.)?

gregexp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:12 pm Reply with quote

If you mean have I incorporated it, no.

I was thinking that with that you could do a search in the text but I also had an idea to make a search in the admin section, not very hard to code and it would be usefull.

Boy, now that its done, I get some great ideas. Laughing

No problem though and for the continuation this will be a very good sudjestion.

I'm not sure how sentinel reads all the queries before they are sent but it would be a very efficient tool to play off.

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quote

That's how Sentinel determines, for example, if someone is attempting a union attack. Before it executes the statement.

gregexp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:21 pm Reply with quote

I dont know what it does to buffer the queries before they are sent to the database is what I meant.

RickJ
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:01 am Reply with quote

I made the changes again and I got a whole bunch of error messages untill I manually created the logg.txt file, now it works perfectly.

Could you please post instructions on to implement the addon in the admin panel?

rick_jones

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:24 pm Reply with quote

It's working pretty good can you please post the module to view the logs files?

gregexp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:53 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

The file format is the same as your nuke dir. Should be easy to install.

heres what it will look like:

Youll see the rest of it as soon as you install it.

Sometimes the host will set the server up so that a script cannot make a file and I believe thats how your host is setup.

On one other note, Only a GOD admin can access this script so no other admin can edit it.

Just dont give other admins GOD rights.

rick_jones

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:36 am Reply with quote

Thanks Darlord, I'm just busy getting some other stuff sorted on the site and report back to you on how it's working.

rick_jones

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:37 am Reply with quote

Ok, I have two problems:

1) I have a user who get's alot of adminwatch.php error messages when he clicks on the forums.

[url]img150.imageshack.us/img150/4961/23080618h13sp5.jpg[/url]

It doesn't stop him from doing anything. He was mistakenly also a forum admin, I made him a normal user but the problem still persists.

2) When I login as GOD and I click on the Edit Logg the whole site layout freaks out and lots of white spaces appear and all the text on the admin page changes from black to white.

There is no info in the white block. I click on edit logg button and I get the error: Cannot save file, Must have something entered, To delete contents, Click Empty logg. In order to show you the correct contents, This page will refresh in

I can clear the log with the clear log button but that's about it.

gregexp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:33 pm Reply with quote

ok, did your user have the issue before you installed the admin module?

As I have EXTENSIVELY reviewed the code, I cannot find anything in it to cause an error and currently I do not have any errors.

This isnt to say that you have a bug, Just I cant reproduce it, Please pm me via yahoo or msn thank you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...

View next topic
View previous topic