Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
rose38478
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:50 pm Reply with quote

I am going cross-eyed trying to figure this out. I have been researching this topic for DAYS!! I am fairly new, however, I have my phpnuke 7.6 patched to 3.0. I downloaded the very latest version of NukeSentinal which is version 2.3.2 (hopefully that was the right version).

Anyway, this htaccess and staccess thing is making me just crazy trying to figure out exactly what to do.

When I bring up my stats for the server I am set up on I see this:

Apache version 1.3.33 (Unix)

And then I read about how htaccess and staccess have to be used on an Apache server. I already have htaccess in my public_html folder, but it is an empty file.

What is it that I have to do with these files? Nothing is making sense to me. I really, really, really need NukeSentinel since my last message board (xsorbit) got hacked into by someone we are trying to stay away from (long story).

Anyway, do I have to change and upload these files? And what do they mean by leaving a blank line at the end of htacess?

I am SO confused over this. It's driving me batty, I swear.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated greatly!!

Rose

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:41 pm Reply with quote

Don't use them. Use the blank .htaccess file you have and chmod the permissions to 666. Next, go into Auth Admin in NukeSentinel and assign all your admins an id and password. Next, go back to NukeSentinel Administration and in the .htaccess path setting, type .htaccess. Leave .staccess path blank. Now, select HTTP Auth from the drop down box. Save the settings. You are now protected with HTTP Auth protection. Does that help?

rose38478

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:43 am Reply with quote

Argghh!! If I could get the stupid thing to work, I'll let you know. LOL

I'll look back at it later. It's not installing right.

Just one quick question. The folder: nsnst_installer. Does that whole folder get installed under public_html or do I load what is IN the folder to public_html or does it go somewhere else?

Thanks
Rose

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:46 am Reply with quote

Just load all those files and folders to you nuke root folder. After installing (running nsnst.php) you remove nsnst.php and the nsnst_installer folder.

rose38478

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:34 am Reply with quote

Okay, now I'm thinking I did the whole thing wrong. I was under the impression that I had to upload the contents of the folders to the matching folders in my public_html directory. So what you are saying is I should have took every file and folder and loaded it to public_html and THEN run the install program?

Okay, let me know if this is right. If this is the case, it will be very easy to delete those other files from the folders I stuck them in and do it this way. But you know, according to the instructions it says things like this: html/admin ----> root/admin, and that's why I did it like I did.

So, what I am asking...since I seem to digress quite a bit....is do I take ALL the folders and files in the html directory and just upload them to my nuke root?

BTW, you are all awesome. I've actually been reading your forums for a couple of months now to get answers to other questions that I had. Smile

Rose

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:33 pm Reply with quote

If you upload everything in the html folder to your public_html (or wherever your nuke root is) then you have done it correctly, but you don't have to upload them one-by-one. They will load into the correct folders automatically.

rose38478

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:20 pm Reply with quote

Raven, you are the MAN!!

My Nuke Sentinel is up and running!! (dances around room, hugging everyone in sight!!)

Want to know what the problem was? Evidently, I've got to watch my ftp uploading carefully. Either the SmartFTP I am using, or my host tends to cut off uploads before they are done but yet, wants to put "transfer complete". After carefully looking at my error messages, I looked for the files that the messages were coming from and realized not all my files had loaded. Such a simple thing, but I certainly complicated it.

And the .htaccess thing worked like a charm. However, you all should have seen me panic before I realized my user name was case sensitive. I couldn't log in. LMAO!!

Once again, Raven, thanks for all your awesome help.

Rose

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:21 pm Reply with quote

RavensScripts

marta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:13 am Reply with quote

I have the same problem.

I have phpnuke 7.6 and NukeSentinal which is version 2500_70-79. It works great on local computer but when I send files to real server< it didn't work, even guest can access admin panel. I did all you recommended

Quote:
Use the blank .htaccess file you have and chmod the permissions to 666. Next, go into Auth Admin in NukeSentinel and assign all your admins an id and password. Next, go back to NukeSentinel Administration and in the .htaccess path setting, type .htaccess. Leave .staccess path blank. Now, select HTTP Auth from the drop down box. Save the settings. You are now protected with HTTP Auth protection

The question is in Nuke Sentinel config panel on server I haven't HTTP Auth in drop down box. Just "cut off" and "CGIAuth". On local computer I have HTTP Auth in drop down box. How it could be?

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:33 am Reply with quote

That is becuase of the server configuration.

Cgi auth is The only option and Sentinel provides a script to help setup the .htacces and .stacess.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:42 pm Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, CGIAuth is OK for me too, but in this case I chose HTTP Auth 'cause I can't set CGIAuth with 2.5.0 version. I have 2.4.2 version+7.3 patch on one of my sites and it was easy to make admin's configuration (generation of pass and so on). And with 2.5.0 version+7.6 it wasn't. I was following Read Me, but... May be I have to choose another version of NSentinel?

Could you advice something, please, any topics on Forum about it... I finded nothing.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:52 am Reply with quote

Quote:

even guest can access admin panel

Marta, can you please explain more what you mean by this? Are you saying that anyone can login to admin.php and see the control panel?

Make sure you are logged out as admin, then clear your browser cache and delete cookies. Close your browser and come back in and try again to get to the admin control panel.

We need to make sure we tackling the right problem. Thanks.

utssace
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:55 pm Reply with quote

Mine is a RN 2.02.02 installation. I have Sentinel 2.5.2 installed.

My .htaccess has this in it:

Code:
Options All -Indexes

DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.html

# -------------------------------------------
# Start of NukeSentinel(tm) admin.php Auth
<Files .ftaccess>
  deny from all
</Files>

<Files .staccess>
  deny from all
</Files>

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Leave this block commented out unless HTTPAuth is NOT available in your NukeSentinel(tm) Admin Panel.
# This code is mainly for use with CGI Authentication and most servers do not require it.
# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# <Files admin.php>
#    <Limit GET POST PUT>
#       require valid-user
#    </Limit>
#    AuthName "Restricted"
#    AuthType Basic
#   AuthUserFile /path/to/your/.staccess
# </Files>

# Start of NukeSentinel(tm) DENY FROM area

I also want to use .htaccess on my site. Do I just overwrite this file with a blank one and follow Raven's instructions above to use admin authentication.

montego

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:13 am Reply with quote

utssace, you can just follow the configuration instructions in the HowToInstall manual that is provided with your version of RavenNuke.

Give the instructions a try if you run into issues, search the forums for your specific issue, and if need be, ask your question in a new thread rather than this one. Thanks.

marta

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:59 am Reply with quote

You know, I fixed problem and set it at last. I had NS on site already and made admin's pass so I just put empty .htaccess and .stacess in the root and code of passes generated in .stacess itself. But in Readme was nothing of the kind of it. There was so complicated description of creating .stacess. All genius is simple =)

montego

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:02 am Reply with quote

Quote:

HowToInstall manual

that is because it is in this manual within the RavenNuke 2.x distribution...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic