Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
ju67in

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:08 am Reply with quote

Well hello, recently I've been working on my site on a redirected free domain so that I can get everything set before making it a .com. I've went threw the .com 1st, no return later on in the trade off of cash and trust. I simply to bring this post to reason I don't wish to go .com until my site has a dedicated author and content.

Now, lets get to it. I have everything set so far on my site, I enter the forum, easy enough now comes the problem. I post in the forum, brings up a post a new topic box just as this one.. except mine has a few other features which make my 'post a new topic' page have many errors. One being the page goes outside the width of the page, the other error being you can't use the emoticons or the ' B i U quote Code List etc...

also mine has other buttons which I explained above, such as: ' justify right center left bold italic underline fade gradient right to left maque to down marque to up marque to left, and so on. You get the point?

I've seen a 'post a new topic' interface the same on a joomla site before. Yet, my site is php-Nuke 100%.

I've took the time to create a test name and a password so that who ever can assist me can login and click forum to post there and see what I'm typing about, trust me you'll see before you post anything its splat in your face the problem I'm having as soon as you click 'post'.

Thanks guys..any help would be much needed on my part.

A few things I've already tryed
1. Looking into the phpbb file contents of my ftp searching for any missing files.

2. Checking my ftp for anything in the likes of the listed extra buttons I posted above.

(Heres what you will need to test my forum if you didn't gather what the error could by my above text: username: test1
Password: 12345678910

website,
site correction [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Last edited by ju67in on Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total 
hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:22 am Reply with quote

well....reading this makes me feel im on the titanic during a heavy storm.... killing me

as i visited your site and posted i didnt saw any weird forum behaviour..
only that your bbcode_box is missing i think..
if i try to look at it i get redirect to your free host...
so therefor you dont see any images etc...
so just fix that..

ju67in

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:30 pm Reply with quote

I don't understand what you mean, yet there is a problem. One problem is that the images can't be seen, and the post a reply goes out of frame once clicking post a message. Thats the only problem I'm having. I don't know what you saw but it must be different from what you see. As for the heavy storm remark I've yet to get that but I'm sure it will come to me.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:43 pm Reply with quote

well maybe you should check your computer....
cause nothing breaks out of frame...(there arent any frames) and all your bbcode images dont show....
when i created the message in your forum all acted normal..

ju67in

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:27 pm Reply with quote

Well now that you've seen that the images don't show, and that you can't use the emoticons, what should I do to correct this problem as that was the reason I posted in the 1st place, hitwalker and no theres nothing wrong with my computer I built it, know every system file in it, and the registry is my best friend. No computer issue here! I also, use every form of browser known to the Internet including my own beta 1. I still get the page break, where it expands out of range, width wise. If you guys can't see that then perhaps I need to not look towards my computer yet, my eyes.

The bbcode? I notice its different then this forums bb-, where would I get the bb to match my forum? I'll be looking don't worry I'll prolly get it before anyone responds but any comments could help for later use. Thanks-

As for the no mail ya hack, it worked- corrected a few things in it the day I came here and set it up!

ju67in

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:05 pm Reply with quote

Fire fox dosen't expand the page and dosen't show error error, I.E. although does-

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:06 pm Reply with quote

Have you tried this with the DeepBlue Theme? It sure looks to me like your theme is messed up. There are javascript errors all over the place in the forums too.

I just had another thought. It is a long shot, but could the permissions on your image files and .js (if you have it) are not properly set to 644? I see that your news Topics images come up fine, so those are ok.

Also may want to check the web server (Apache?) error logs as I suspect you'll have a bunch of them. It may have a clue in there for you.

ju67in

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:09 pm Reply with quote

Um, yeah the deepblue theme works fine, yet dosen't show all the bbcode options either? See? So, I don't know. I've looked into the props- of the bbcode images. I'ma now check to see if I have the bb-forum bbcode files. I'll update you with what I find. Thanks for the help.

ju67in

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:13 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] I don't even have the forums/bbcode_box/image for the justify, or any of the bb images? Hmm, any clue?

montego

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:14 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

See?

No I don't. I can't switch to the DeepBlue Theme. You may also have a conflict somewhere with javascript. I really don't like to see all those javascript errors, but you're going to have to "dig" to find out what is causing those.

ju67in

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:16 pm Reply with quote

Oh I deleted all those ugly themes, as I was working on my own. Yeah, I could basicly upload again the deepblue, one moment and again thanks for all the help I would have gave up for lunch along time ago if it wasn't for ravenscripts. (Life savers you guys are, saints).

montego

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:16 pm Reply with quote

Then you will have to come back to your distribution and find them??? If that is the case, then you may also missing some other files that are causing the javascript errors.

ju67in

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:27 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Have you tried this with the DeepBlue Theme? It sure looks to me like your theme is messed up. There are javascript errors all over the place in the forums too.

I just had another thought. It is a long shot, but could the permissions on your image files and .js (if you have it) are not properly set to 644? I see that your news Topics images come up fine, so those are ok.

Also may want to check the web server (Apache?) error logs as I suspect you'll have a bunch of them. It may have a clue in there for you.

I'll check.

ju67in

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:41 pm Reply with quote

Ok update. I went to code-wiz, I noticed in their forum its as my forum is, with the extra bbcode buttons. I then made a folder in the directory in mods- where forums is. I placed a folder with bbcode_box and then put an image folder in that and got my images to show. But now I need code for these images. Anyone know how I can bring life to my images and smiles?

montego

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:40 am Reply with quote

All of this, in my opinion, is pointing to you theme deployment or the theme you are using is missing these things. You may need to go back to where you got the theme and ask them. You should not have any of these problems if the theme is "valid".

You may also want to check with jaded here on these forums as she is the "Theme Guru". Wink

ju67in

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:46 am Reply with quote

Yeah, but if someone just had the updated bbcode then I'd be fine..

I'll ask Jaded what she thinks. I had it fixed a little bit lastnight after hard work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic