Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Announcements
beerfrog
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:13 am Reply with quote

Hi!

How are things comming along with Raven's RavenNuke76 v2.10.00?
Are you releasing it in the beginning of july as planned or have timeplan changed?

Cheers / Beerfrog

Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:08 am Reply with quote

they are very busy with it and will be released when finished.. Smile

beerfrog

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:37 am Reply with quote

hitwalker wrote:
they are very busy with it and will be released when finished.. Smile

Of this I am sure Very Happy

But, as I am about to set up a new site i'd like i hint if i should wait out the comming 3-4 weeks or go ahead with the current release because everybody got tierd of working with the .10 release because summer is here and people are having Icecream outside as they should instead of sitting inside getting their tan from the computerscreen Razz

I'm not putting presure on anyone, i'd just like a hint on how things are going Smile

Cheers all/ Beerfrog

hitwalker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:41 am Reply with quote

i know they are very busy with as i know of one of the admins here....
i dont think they will go for a crappy release so it will be released in the period it was promised,and not sooner...

if not ,im sure they will post it...

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:43 am Reply with quote

As hitwalker has stated, we do not want to release it until it has been thoroughly tested.

If people would just stop reporting new PHP-Nuke / phpBB bugs, we'd have released this long ago... ROTFL

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:09 am Reply with quote

As most of you are aware, since the last RN distro was made available, there have been several updates to Sentinel core code as well as IP2C data and if that wasn't enough we now have the latest bbToNuke update as well.
Sadly this all takes additional time to incorporate and then test, test and test again.

Because the last release was so good (feed back from users) a number of pre-existing core nuke bugs that were not noticed before have been reported which we are working on - mostly due to an increased number of users who have multi-lingual sites.

A considerable number of improvements to core code to ensure rendering to the page is more efficient (HTML 4.01 and XHTML compliance issues) an absolute ton of hard coded text that has had to be moved to language files and in a number of cases, modules have had to have missing language files created.

Both kguske and Montego have been working extremely hard on incorporating 2 new modules (as well as all the above).

All I can say is it will be worth the wait. If you thought the last release was good, this one is going to blow your socks off!!

aseitz
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:29 am Reply with quote

Would it be illegal to just reversion the project to 1.x and ignore any future releases of from phpnuke.org? Wink

I have always wondered why phpnuke.org had not just partnered with you to begin with... Silly nuke-nazi's.

Anyhow, cheers on a SECURE release with excellent SUPPORT ... 2 huge things missing at phpnuke.org.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:32 am Reply with quote

Almost fell off my chair - thanks for the laugh aseitz!

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:00 am Reply with quote

aseitz wrote:
Would it be illegal to just reversion the project to 1.x and ignore any future releases of from phpnuke.org? Wink

I have always wondered why phpnuke.org had not just partnered with you to begin with... Silly nuke-nazi's.

Anyhow, cheers on a SECURE release with excellent SUPPORT ... 2 huge things missing at phpnuke.org.

Now there's an interesting thought. It certainly isn't illegal. Could be very confusing though. We have pretty much dropped the "76" and am just going with RavenNuke(tm), but even that is not ground in granite. Maybe I and te rest of the team will kick that idea around a little.

aseitz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:06 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Almost fell off my chair - thanks for the laugh aseitz!

hehe Anytime Smile

Raven wrote:
aseitz wrote:

Now there's an interesting thought. It certainly isn't illegal. Could be very confusing though. We have pretty much dropped the "76" and am just going with RavenNuke(tm), but even that is not ground in granite. Maybe I and te rest of the team will kick that idea around a little.

Well, as RavenNuke(tm) takes flight (pun intended) I look forward to seeing the direction you guys head with it.

Nuke security has always been important to me in the past and remains so today. Unfortunatly there is just nothing secure about a bare phpnuke.org release.

There is also a lot of eye-candy missing from phpnuke, and it sure would be nice to see some of it make an appearance in RavenNuke... *Cough* Ajax.

For instance tieing the rollover help system from sentinel into the rest of nuke's core modules would be a friendly thing.

Also adding a better user manager interface would be a good thing... etc.

The problem with Nuke is that it is open-source. So anybody could make a "secure release" ... and I would trust that about as far as I could throw it.

You guys are defintaly the names needed in this market, you have certainly earned the communities trust and respect over the years.

Thanks, again.

beerfrog

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:27 am Reply with quote

Thx all for your info on the new release!
I'll just hang back and enjoy the weather and my vacation then 'til you all thnik it's time to release the .10.

Really looking forward to it!
And howler if there is something littte old me can contribute with?

Cheers / B

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:38 am Reply with quote

Some good points on the current limitations / deficiencies aseitz. CNB Your Account (formerly NSN Your Account) has been providing a much improved user management interface for some time. The latest beta version (5.0) offers some really slick improvements over an already great enhancement. Unfortunately, it's been delayed for some time. We'll keep trying...

beerfrog

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:01 am Reply with quote

I red in some other thread that you guys also are workin' on an improved calendar module, is that being incorporated into the new distro?

Cheers / B

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:41 am Reply with quote

I know kguske has been evaluating and looking at Calendars but it is unlikely this will be included in the next release.

beerfrog

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:07 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
I know kguske has been evaluating and looking at Calendars but it is unlikely this will be included in the next release.

Ok, Thx!

Then I have 2 nice things to look forward to.
kguske's Calendar & the new distro...

can't wait to see them!

Cheers / B

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:35 am Reply with quote

Quote:

can't wait to see them!

Me too! killing me

Unfortunately, sometimes life gets in the way...

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:55 am Reply with quote

The calendar is behind schedule - definitely not in this release. Still working though...

beerfrog

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:31 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Quote:

can't wait to see them!

Me too! killing me

Unfortunately, sometimes life gets in the way...

True, true! Cheers

Cheers / B

shadofall

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:50 pm Reply with quote

any way we can get a more detailed added feature list? Smile wondering how many additions im going to have to make as i prep to start a new site Smile

or is there already one around and im missing it. i've seen the few updates that just says sever feature updates

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:35 pm Reply with quote

Not sure if a list has been published, but one thing is that we are moving the WYSIWYG from experiemental to integrated. You will still have the ability to turn it off if you like.

There are several PHP-Nuke bug fixes included in this version, too.

Montego would tell you the official list.

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:38 pm Reply with quote

Or, you could check the official list:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

montego

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:44 am Reply with quote

I have updated the list over there based on current status as I know it. Raven may choose to change this at ANY time. Things have slowed a bit as "life" is getting in the way of all of us... Sad

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:04 pm Reply with quote

I know there may be some questions about the status of Gallery but I've done some of the work on it that have led to it being moved to "less certain" status. Raven will make the final decision of course but the factors involved are:

1. The gallery tar.gz file expands to well over 2300 files and something like 1400 folders (and more if you choose some options for what to download).
2. Consequently trying to FTP those files if they are unpacked on a desktop machine can be very error prone.
3. Different servers unpack the files differently if you choose to upload the whole tar.gz.
4. Gallery has a very elaborate and somewhat complicated (though elegant) installation routine. While the installation steps that are built into Ravennuke are a great service, the Gallery installation would still need to be run separately.
5. Once Gallery is installed you still would need to run a Nuke integration step and then run some programs from the administration panel. It is hard (for me at least) to see the advantage of trying to incorporate this into the Nuke installation process.
6. Gallery has it's own administration center and you really cannot administer the product without becoming familiar with it. It can't be hidden inside the Nuke administration screens. In most cases you will want to go download additional modules from Gallery and install them depending on your site's needs. You may also need to tailor the product depending on the server you are running on.

That being said, Gallery does actually integrate very well with Ravennuke and we will (and already have) provide support in the Forums for installation and troubleshooting.

beerfrog

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:57 am Reply with quote

I'm so curious on how things are moving along with the .10!
Is there something one can do to help out?
Are there any swedes looking at the language-files?

Cheers / B

montego

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:25 am Reply with quote

If you are interested in helping out with the language files, PM me your email address and I'll send them to you.

It is moving along, slowly but surely...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Announcements

View next topic
View previous topic