Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> GT - Next Gen and Standard
bsweb
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:41 am Reply with quote

For some reason the security codes are not showing on the short URL's relating to your account and forums so people cannot register.

It seems people can log on because after one atempt it reloads the old long url with the security code.

Any suggestions please

bsweb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:15 am Reply with quote

Ok I disabled GT-Your_Account.php in the GoogeTap directory and security codes show as they should so I think I'll leave as is.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:14 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have this corrected in something I am working on releasing... hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

bsweb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:22 am Reply with quote

Thanks Montego, look forward to your new release.

Another strange effect after going back to the long codes is that the new user activation link in the email they receive brings up my "this page does not exist" webpage and the activation fails

I do have another site and the activation links in that work perfectly in that one so I just wondered if I may have overlooked something.

bsweb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:10 am Reply with quote

Hey ! I'm regular (that's a relief) Laughing

The strange effect I mentioned in previous post had nothing to do with the long code/short code scenario.

My site isn't in the root of my domain and in admin preferences I had neglected to add the directory ie: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] in site address. This resulted in the activation link in the email pointing to an address that did not exist.

Yet another stupid mistake I'm afraid Embarassed

montego

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:49 am Reply with quote

Quote:

This resulted in the activation link in the email pointing to an address that did not exist.

Well, you didn't even mention that the issue was only with the activation link.

I assumed it was otherwise, and I have seen this issue for the GFX code not working properly... hence, my reply.

bsweb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:05 am Reply with quote

No no no no you misunderstand.

The problem with the activation link only became apparent after I had re-instigated the long URL's on the Your_Account Module and was a separate issue altogether.

Didn't manage to get that far with the short URL's because of the GFX code issue. If I re-enable short URL's the GFX code problem pops up again.

Dauthus
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:47 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

bsweb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:47 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Dauthus

Wave

That did the trick!!!

montego

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:38 pm Reply with quote

Interesting find, Dauthus! Thanks. Now the quandry I am in is I don't really like having to support both methods... I can get this to work with only GT/.htaccess statements. Oh well. Such is life. Laughing

Dauthus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:30 pm Reply with quote

Hmmmm. I will have to look a little deeper and see what I can come up with. I don't plan on turning off GT, so I didn't think anything about it. I take it the image with the link changes doesn't show up if GT is turned off?

montego

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:42 am Reply with quote

Quote:

I take it the image with the link changes doesn't show up if GT is turned off?

With GT turned off, everything works just fine. It is when GT is turned on, that bsweb is having the issue. The bottom line really is that the GT rewrite statements do not work right with the code what is being used.

What I am not certain about, though, is whether this is just a 7.6 issue or if it is broader than that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> GT - Next Gen and Standard

View next topic
View previous topic