Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks
frehleyfreakey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:44 pm Reply with quote

I'm hoping I'm in the right forum for this question:
Our host moved our site to a new server, with many problems...only one remains - in our phpnuke (v. 7.8 ) news blocks, the "comments" and "read more" links no longer work. In IE browser you just eventually get a timeout error, in firefox you get this:

"The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

Can anyone tell me which file I should be looking at to find this problem?

Also, they switched us from Nuke 7.9 to 7.8 during the move...could this have caused it?

I'm not getting any line errors or anything useful Confused

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:06 pm Reply with quote

from 7.9 to 7.8, I think you have the culprit right there.

If possible ask them to reload your site as it was.

Then if they are buggin about security, downgrade to nuke7.6 and then use Ravennuke(sudjested).

Ravennuke is far more secure then other forms of nuke IMO.

also sentinel is almost a must(Ravennuke comes with it.).

Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:30 am Reply with quote

You need a converter to downgrade your database. Do you have the 7.8 Patched files?

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
frehleyfreakey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:07 pm Reply with quote

i've got them looking at it now...they're even more clueless than me, unfortunately...

so...if i upgrade back to 7.9 will all the blocks & modules still work? and on the other hand, if i downgrade to ravennuke 7.6 will they all work or will we need to rebuild it all?

thanks Smile

gregexp

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:21 pm Reply with quote

If you are able to get your site working again, Using the downgrader should make it to work correctly so you can use ravennuke.

7.8 is full of exploits anyway.

You can e-mail me or contact me and Ill be happy to see what I can do to get your site back up and running.

frehleyfreakey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:45 am Reply with quote

ok...here's where we're at now...comments & read more links are fixed, but here's what they did...made a copy of our phpnuke folder called nuke, and fixed everything in the /nuke folder...so now /nuke works fine, but we have new members and stories in /phpnuke. Ideally, we transfer these members & stories to the folder that works, then rename nuke to phpnuke...would that be the best thing to do? and what would be the easiest way to transfer these?

In the meantime...I'm going to attempt the downgrade to ravennuke on one of my other sites right now to see how that goes...if i start pulling my hair out i'll most likely be emailing you! Smile

thanks for your help!

evaders99

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:54 pm Reply with quote

You'll need to move the data in the tables over. Assuming they are the same version, there should be no issue with using phpMyAdmin to do that.

frehleyfreakey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:42 am Reply with quote

darklord wrote:
You can e-mail me or contact me and Ill be happy to see what I can do to get your site back up and running.

darklord, you have mail Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks

View next topic
View previous topic