Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
dagosh
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:52 pm Reply with quote

hey all....
first of all ! thanks for this CMS Very Happy it runs great and fast!! Smile
but i will hear how i can change so i can get the Private Message Pop Up in the INDEX.PHP area to popup instead of the forums.html because ! Smile its much better if i can get it to pop up in there! Smile so i dont need to go ind here forums.html before it comes!

some one there know how i can change that ?

Last edited by dagosh on Sun May 28, 2006 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:13 pm Reply with quote

From what I remember, PM's are actually part of the forum system, hence the reason why the pop-up works when entering forum area's.
Nuke does have a PM module but if you look at the code there you can see it references the forum tables.

I guess it is feasable to get it working with the site index page, though that would require yet more SQL queries.
I do not have the time to look into this right now though - anyone else?

Just before I hit the 'Submit' button a thought did occur to me though. Most 'who is online' type blocks already make most of the quries needed to indicate whether a new PM is waiting so it might be possible to modify that rather than doubling up on the SQL quries.

dagosh

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:18 pm Reply with quote

uhh that could be nice Smile

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:23 pm Reply with quote

Actually, yes, the more I think about it, the more the idea appeals to me Smile
Sadly I have no idea when I may have time to look at this further but I'm sure someone will get to it sooner than me Wink

dagosh

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:25 pm Reply with quote

hehe sweet Smile i like that ! because i think its a nice idea to have it there so it is the first thing you see when you jump at your homepage!

guynuked
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:07 pm Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem, PM pop up only shows the main page.

Please advise.

guynuked

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:09 pm Reply with quote

I apologize for not reading the first post accurately, I believed the same problem I was experiencing.

I'm not sure whether to remove this post or wait for help... lemme ponder that for a while.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:07 pm Reply with quote

If need be, Im sure the admins will move it.

What exactly is your problem?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:15 pm Reply with quote

darklord wrote:
If need be, Im sure the admins will move it.

What exactly is your problem?

Well, if I or users get a new PM, the pop up will come up automatically notifying that received new message however it pops up with my front page in it.

Must have missed something somewhere, its been that way for months ever since I installed RN 2.02 and havent had time to look into this until now. Its no big deal and nothing to sweat over.

Now I've got too much time on my hands now Smile

gregexp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:18 pm Reply with quote

front page, you mean index.php?

not forums page?

guynuked

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:07 pm Reply with quote

darklord wrote:
front page, you mean index.php?

not forums page?

That's correct. index.php (in root)

gregexp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:49 am Reply with quote

Im currently trying to reproduce the problem and I cannot.

Can you post a link to your site?

guynuked

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:24 am Reply with quote

I've already searched nukecops and this forum, no one else seem to have this problem, except for me... It's probably not a bug in RN system but in mine...

It's interesting to note that I'm using pnflashgames module and it has pop up image for users to click on and pop up the flash game. It comes up blank...

Obviously something somewhere is ruining my pop up capabilities.

Maybe I should try emptying out the javascript.php in the /includes directory and see if that's not the culprit?? I just had this idea now and trying it out now. Will report back results.

guynuked

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:12 am Reply with quote

Shoot... that didnt work Sad

Any idea where shall I start looking into?

Found this on main forum page:

Code:
<!--

if ( 1 )
   {
      window.open('modules.php?name=Private_Messages&amp;file=index&amp;mode=newpm&amp;popup=1', '_phpbbprivmsg', 'HEIGHT=225,resizable=yes,WIDTH=400');;
   }
//-->

It looks correct doesnt it? [/quote]

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:29 am Reply with quote

It has a double set of semi-colons at the end. I am searching for the culprit (if there is one) in the 2.02.02 code...

montego

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:43 am Reply with quote

Well, not sure that would cause the issue. Are you sure you do not have a pop-up blocker? If so, try adding your domain into the exclusion list and see if it works.

I would try this first. If that doesn't work, try the following and let us know what happens:

=== OPEN File ===

modules\Forums\templates\subSilver\forum_header.tpl

=== FIND Code ===

window.open('{U_PRIVATEMSGS_POPUP}', '_phpbbprivmsg', 'HEIGHT=225,resizable=yes,WIDTH=400');;

=== REPLACE With ===

window.open('{U_PRIVATEMSGS_POPUP}', '_phpbbprivmsg', 'HEIGHT=225,resizable=yes,WIDTH=400');

=== OPEN Each File ===

Find for the theme you are using the appropriate file:

themes\<<your theme name>>\forums\overall_header.tpl

=== DO ===

Find the same line of code and make the same change.

==============

If the above does not work, instead of removing the extra semi-colon, try making it look instead like this:

window.open('{U_PRIVATEMSGS_POPUP}', '_phpbbprivmsg', 'HEIGHT=225,resizable=yes,WIDTH=400');return false;

Please back up these files FIRST, so that you can quickly replace them back if need be.

guynuked

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 pm Reply with quote

Strangest thing happened... I did the fix above as described. You hit right on the nose with this intution you had. Pop up works good!

However, apparently the theme of the forums changed back from my original theme to some kind of standard or default forums theme...

I decide to put back the back up files just to see what happens, same results... very weird. Gonna try clearing out cookies to see what happens.

Edit... nope clearning cookies didnt work. Gonna try taking things apart and see what I find.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:53 am Reply with quote

Just a quickie.......
Are you using a custom theme that has its own forum files?

Susann

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:31 am Reply with quote

@guynuked

Quote:
I've already searched nukecops and this forum, no one else seem to have this problem, except for me

Please let me know if you can fix this issue. I have the same problem since a long time with the private messages pop up function and the index.html page with nuke 6.5. The strange thing is that sometimes it shows the normal popup and the next time the other pop up using the same browser.
Removing the extra semi-colon seems to have no effect.
I´m using Firefox. Have you ever tried an other browser to check the pop up function ?

guynuked

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:46 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
Just a quickie.......
Are you using a custom theme that has its own forum files?

Yes, I'm using fisubice theme and it has its own forum folder. I have only two themes installed, the fisubice and ExtraLite themes, that's it.

Susann, always test with both browsers, IE and Firefox... unless you're using Linux OS on your computer.

Try copy/paste the codes instead of just removing semicolons. The line looks so similar to the previous code I had. Maybe overlooked an extra space or not.

Dauthus
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:20 pm Reply with quote

Try this and see if it works:

Code:
###

###----------[ OPEN ]----------
###

blocks/block-User_Info.php

###
###----------[ FIND ]----------
### should be near the beginning of the file

global

###
###----------[ AFTER ADD ]----------
### on a NEW line

$pmsgpopup = "0"; //1 to turn on - 0 to turn off

###
###----------[ FIND ]----------
###

?>

###
###----------[ BEFORE ADD ]----------
### on a New Line - Remove the whitespace between the "s" and "c" in the word "s cript" in the code below

if ($pmsgpopup == 1) {
    if ($userinfo['user_popup_pm'] && $userinfo['user_new_privmsg']) {
       $content .= "<s cript language=\"Javas cript\" type=\"text/javas cript\">
<!--
        window.open('messages-popup.html', '', 'HEIGHT=225,resizable=yes,WIDTH=400');
//-->
</s cript>";
   }
}

###
###----------[ EOM ]----------
### Save and close all files

This should allow you to turn the popups off and on using the userinfo block and the SHOULD show up on the index.php page and ONLY the index.php page since the user info block is only displayed there. The user will have to have the private message pop up turned on in the user profile in the forums for this to work. If it is turned off, no popup will appear.

Let me know if it works. I haven't tested it.

Susann

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:18 am Reply with quote

Thanks Dauthus.
I have not tested it with the changes in the block because it works perfect(means popup forum) in my standard RavenNuke installation using DeepBlue or Fisubice.
However, after some tests with my 6.5 GT installation I found out that I have the popup on the mainpage and also on the forum. Thats fine. The only problem is the popup if a user get it from the forums.html because than its not correct displayed. So I believe it has possible something to do with modrewrite. Rolling Eyes
The most of my files are modified so it´s hard to find out where that exacly goes wrong. The only file I´ve never touched is the privmsgs_popup.tpl

guynuked

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:06 pm Reply with quote

guynuked wrote:
Strangest thing happened... I did the fix above as described. You hit right on the nose with this intution you had. Pop up works good!

However, apparently the theme of the forums changed back from my original theme to some kind of standard or default forums theme...

I decide to put back the back up files just to see what happens, same results... very weird. Gonna try clearing out cookies to see what happens.

Edit... nope clearning cookies didnt work. Gonna try taking things apart and see what I find.

Ok, I'm looking at this closely... my forum theme looks like default phpbb format. Much like the old days of FB's phpnuke with default forum theme.

Where do you recommend that I start looking into first? I'm just not sure where to start looking first thats the problem.

guynuked

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:21 am Reply with quote

Hmm... I uploaded all CSS controling files from my old back up over to my site.

modules/Forums/templates/subSilver/

and

themes//fisubice/forums/

yet, it doesnt revert back to original theme. What else could it be?

guynuked

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:32 am Reply with quote

UPDATE:

Just for the heck of it, I uploaded EVERYTHING from the backup files and my theme is back!

Re-trying the PM edit and see if that's the culprit. Will report back.

I cannot find any explaination for this.

I re edited as suggested for the PM and replaced it all with the line of code.

Did not fix it. But for now I got my forum theme back.

Please advise.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic