Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
deeporl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:53 am Reply with quote

Ok I did a fresh install of RavenNuke the newest one. I get all the way through and my site is great except. No NukeSentinel. I went through the whole install doing all I can excpet when I get to NukeSentinel the how to makes no sense.

The begining doesn't make sense. I got the first paragraph but then It does the track IP's and ect. I assume thats a feature list. I would love to check my blocker settings but it doesn't say where to go to do that. I don't see where to get to Admin Auth List or Blocker Configuration. I noticed that there is links and what not in my admin/links directory for nukesentinel but they aren't showing up. I even activated the module and nothing magically appears. So help please. I'm sure i could continue on my way of getting this going if I could get to the next step.

Also for reference the site I built with ravens distro is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

The site I was recreating is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

As you can see very successiful but I just can't seem to get any farther.[/quote]

Last edited by deeporl on Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Susann

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:15 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
The begining doesn't make sense.

Maybe you are right with the beginning of the text about the other stuff there. After rereading I believe that s not the best place for this explanation but it was changed because some people had allways problems with: Where to go and what to do next and how to activate the forum. etc. So I believe the text itself is very helpful for newbies.
But you don´t need to post this here. Maybe you can edit your post and remove this !

So, you need to go to the administration and click on the NukeSentinel Icon. In the NukeSentinel Configuration you can check the settings and if you are in the NukeSentinel Administration there are help icons wich explains more if you mouse over them. Check the blocker configuration and the other features but if you change anything you need to save your changes.
You also need to create a block call it Banned or whatever and choose for example the scrolling block from NukeSentinel. This block will look like the same from Ravens site.

Last edited by Susann on Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:33 pm; edited 2 times in total 
deeporl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:20 pm Reply with quote

Yeah that is where the problem is there is no NukeSentinel button

Susann

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:23 pm Reply with quote

I quess you did´t upload all files and how about the NS user and password ?
Check the admin folder case, links, modules for nukesentinel files and folder.

deeporl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:32 pm Reply with quote

Ok here is a list of what I got in those folders that I would associate with nukesentinel:
/case/case.nukesentinel
/links/link.nukesentinel
/modules/nukesentinel
/modules/nsngroups/(30files)
/moduels/nukesentinel/(125files)
also
/images/admin/nukesentinel

Susann

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:59 pm Reply with quote

The path for that image in the Nuke administration is:

images/admin/nukesentinel.png
and if you click there the path is:yoursite.com/ admin.php?op=ABMain
and thats the NukeSentinel administration for General Settings.

The ABMain.php and the other files are in the folder admin/modules/nukesentinel

deeporl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:28 pm Reply with quote

Ok I went to that path admin.php?op=ABMain and I got a working page with an error.

It appears that NukeSentinel™ has not been configured correctly. The most common cause is that you either have an error in the syntax that is including includes/nukesentinel.php from your mainfile.php, or you have not added the NukeSentinel™ code to your mainfile.php. Details for including this code are included in the download package in the Edits_For_Core_Files directory.

Now what?

deeporl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:51 pm Reply with quote

Alrighty I reuploaded the mainfile.php and that fixed it. Except now I've locked myself out of the admin. I skipped the step where you were suppose

Now, you should see a link that says Build CGIAuth file: -- Click it. That will build your .staccess id:pass file.

Becuase I didn't see the button. Everything else went off without a hitch. So now the question would be how do I build the .staccess id:pass file with my username and password that were on the admin list?

///Ok I was a big dufus and didn't put the right .staccess and .htaccess urls and once I corrected that all worked well. Thanks a lot.

Susann

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:32 pm Reply with quote

So Cgi Auth is working too. Glad you fixed that. Smile
Would you please edit/remove the complete "Configure NukeSentinel text"

deeporl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:36 pm Reply with quote

Done and done. Thanks for your help Susann. Could you please go to my site and tell me if you think sentinel is working properly?

Susann

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:52 pm Reply with quote

I´m not allowed to attack other sites. Razz
Also I ´dont have the time anymore to check other sites.
But you ll find here different codes to check if the NukeSentinel blockers works proper.
If you call admin.php and you have set in the nukesentinel administration cgi-auth you should see that grey window where you need to insert password and name. But before you need to go to admin auth list to set and protect that password. Just read about that here in the forum.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic