Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
deeporl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:41 am Reply with quote

Ok. I recently moved my website from one host to another. I also upgraded from 7.5 to 7.8 at the same time. Everything after a little hassle is working now but the new user registration. I get Invalid Nickname as does everyone else. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated. I've looked high and low and can't find the answer. Oh and I did do a search on the forums here. Outlaw is the only person I could find with this exact error and his was being caused by some block I don't use. Anyways. Please help.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:33 pm Reply with quote

First question: why "upgrade" from 7.5 to 7.8? There are security issues in 7.8 that don't exist in 7.6 and below.

That said, I'm not aware of any issues with user registration in 7.8 that would cause the error you reported.

deeporl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:41 pm Reply with quote

Um to be honest I upgraded to the newest possible version when I moved because that is what the owner wanted. Other than that I don't know whats causing it either but any help would be helpful.

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:04 am Reply with quote

Are you using the patches from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ?

Were you using spaces in the nickname or brackets (e.g. [ ] ) ? To allow brackets, you need to modify the index.php of the Your Account module. Find something like:
Code:

if ((!$username) || ($username=="") || (ereg("[^a-zA-Z0-9_-]",$username))) $stop = "<center>"._ERRORINVNICK."</center><br>";

and change it to:
Code:

if ((!$username) || ($username=="") || (ereg("[^a-zA-Z0-9_-{}()\[\]]",$username))) $stop = "<center>"._ERRORINVNICK."</center><br>";

If your admin username also uses brackets, you'll need to make the same change in admin.php.

deeporl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:03 am Reply with quote

nope no special characters I tried sully as the nickname but it isn't working on anything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic