Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's v7.0 Customized Distro
thesportsvoice
Client

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:30 pm Reply with quote

I've posted over on nukecops and I made the change that was suggested but I didn't work. For some reason my forum is different than the defult theme, some things are underlined, the scroll bar is a different color, and various other little things. I originally started out with a osc2nuke program and then I decided to go with php-nuke but some of the problems have transfered over.

Everytime I try to make a simple change it seems that whatever has transfered over is killing me. I lost most my activity in my forums and been thinking of just starting over fresh but would hate to lose my forums post and members. With the osc2nuke program I did make changes in forum admin styles section and I was advised that might be where my problem might be

Quote:
as dezina said, the theme works fine. You obviously have changed something somewhere along the line that is causing you problems. You haven't by chance gone into the Forum Admin Styles section and modified the Forum style color and settings there have you?? You shouldn't have as that will definately mess things up.

Any suggestions?

Here is the thread about changing the position of the site.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:27 pm Reply with quote

Why don't you rename the modules/Forums adn themes/YOURTHEME/forums folder and then reload the forums folders from your distribution?

thesportsvoice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:02 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Why don't you rename the modules/Forums adn themes/YOURTHEME/forums folder and then reload the forums folders from your distribution?

so rename that folder, and where do i get the info to reload it to that folder?

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:54 pm Reply with quote

Down load from my site the version of nuke that you have. Then extract the files to your PC. Then, just ftp the folders from your PC.

thesportsvoice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:09 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Down load from my site the version of nuke that you have. Then extract the files to your PC. Then, just ftp the folders from your PC.

After I reload the forums folder there is no change. I'm thinking of just starting over with just a message forum (phpbb) instead of the php nuke package, how would I go about doing that?

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:56 pm Reply with quote

Have you tried restoring your default style in the forums admin?

thesportsvoice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:19 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Have you tried restoring your default style in the forums admin?

Where in the forums admin? I dont see an option to restore the default style...

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:24 am Reply with quote

Under forum configuration is a Default Style. Select subsilver.

peace
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:43 am Reply with quote

Hello
i have a strange forum problem too so i cant use my forums Crying or Very sad

here you can see my problem (i put a screenshot) [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
i use nuke 7.0 with zone copper but before i install zone copper i played with deep blue style.css and theme.php .I try to delete modules forum then reupload but didnt worked .When i click on forum in modules it goes a normal ( zonecopper black page) and says this site has no forums .When i go forums in my admin panel i have that page which you see screenshot im newbie and dont know much to do any help ill appreciete plz.
regards

ps: sorry if i post this to a wrong place Sad

thesportsvoice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:07 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Under forum configuration is a Default Style. Select subsilver.

That is the only style I have is the subsilver.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:09 pm Reply with quote

Ok, help me to understand exactly what has happened that your forums/site are messed up. On another note, should you have to reinstall, you should not lose your posts. If they are phpbb then they will be still be compatable when you reinstall.

thesportsvoice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:21 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Ok, help me to understand exactly what has happened that your forums/site are messed up. On another note, should you have to reinstall, you should not lose your posts. If they are phpbb then they will be still be compatable when you reinstall.

I made changes in the Forum Admin Styles section and modified the Forum style color and settings from what I've heard I shouldn't have as that will definately mess things up. I did this back when I have the osc2nuke setup.

So now the colors in the forum are messed up and some things are underlined when the should not be, just a bunch of little things. I think I just want to switch to just a basic forum and build from there. What files do I need to save in order to keep all post and member info? and how do I go about transfering that over to phpbb.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:06 pm Reply with quote

Backup your nuke_bbthemes table and then use phpMyAdmin and delete the subsilver theme from the table. Then, issue this command in the SQL window
Code:
INSERT INTO `nuke_bbthemes` VALUES (1, 'subSilver', 'subSilver', 'subSilver.css', '', '0E3259', '000000', '006699', '5493B4', '', 'DD6900', 'EFEFEF', 'DEE3E7', 'D1D7DC', '', '', '', '98AAB1', '006699', 'FFFFFF', 'cellpic1.gif', 'cellpic3.gif', 'cellpic2.jpg', 'FAFAFA', 'FFFFFF', '', 'row1', 'row2', '', 'Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif', 'Trebuchet MS', 'Courier, \'Courier New\', sans-serif', 10, 11, 12, '444444', '006600', 'FFA34F', '', '', '', NULL, NULL);

GanjaUK
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:24 pm Reply with quote

To match up your scroll bar colour to your main nuke theme, and anything else that needs tweaking, you can do that in overall_header.tpl

thesportsvoice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:51 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Backup your nuke_bbthemes table and then use phpMyAdmin and delete the subsilver theme from the table. Then, issue this command in the SQL window
Code:
INSERT INTO `nuke_bbthemes` VALUES (1, 'subSilver', 'subSilver', 'subSilver.css', '', '0E3259', '000000', '006699', '5493B4', '', 'DD6900', 'EFEFEF', 'DEE3E7', 'D1D7DC', '', '', '', '98AAB1', '006699', 'FFFFFF', 'cellpic1.gif', 'cellpic3.gif', 'cellpic2.jpg', 'FAFAFA', 'FFFFFF', '', 'row1', 'row2', '', 'Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif', 'Trebuchet MS', 'Courier, \'Courier New\', sans-serif', 10, 11, 12, '444444', '006600', 'FFA34F', '', '', '', NULL, NULL);

This is what I get when I try to delete the subsilver theme.

"You cannot remove the style selected since it is currently the forum default. Please change the default style and try again."

I'm I doing this in the right place?

thesportsvoice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:26 pm Reply with quote

Also I cannot change the logo in this theme or any other theme for that matter, is there a permission problem or something?

BTW disregaurd the subject about switching over just to phpbb, I will use phpnuke!

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:12 pm Reply with quote

phpMyAdmin is not a part of nuke. It is available through your cPanel MySQL icon Smile

thesportsvoice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:55 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
phpMyAdmin is not a part of nuke. It is available through your cPanel MySQL icon Smile

Ok I did that and it did reset the colors Very Happy!!!! Your the man.

Now how do I fix the underline problem?

On the forum topics it will underline some catergories but not others, what could be causing that?

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:57 pm Reply with quote

That's the default behavior of anchor tags. When you click on the link it will then be remembered and will be underlined. Is that the behavior you're talking about?

thesportsvoice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:00 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
That's the default behavior of anchor tags. When you click on the link it will then be remembered and will be underlined. Is that the behavior you're talking about?

Oh ok that makes sense, just didnt notice that before.

Now what about the logo? I upload the new logo.gif to the theme I'm using but It wont update...

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:04 pm Reply with quote

Depends on the theme. Not all use logo.gif. If yours does and you replaced it in the same directory, then try deleting your cookies and flushing your cache.

thesportsvoice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:12 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Depends on the theme. Not all use logo.gif. If yours does and you replaced it in the same directory, then try deleting your cookies and flushing your cache.

How do I flush my cache?

and when you mean deleting my cookies that by going to

tools-internet options-delete cookies

This is the path to the logo,
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:36 pm Reply with quote

Same place but delete the Files.

thesportsvoice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:49 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Same place but delete the Files.

Ok I've did all that but the logo is the same, even tried deleting the logo.gif and then uploaded the new one, still the same phpnuke logo.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:51 pm Reply with quote

Then I don't believe the name and location can be correct. When you do a right mouse over the current logo, make sure that that is the path and filename that you are using.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's v7.0 Customized Distro

View next topic
View previous topic