Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
sage04
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:00 pm Reply with quote

right now my clan is using MKportal which i had originally installed. I then installed php-nuke in a sub directory when i learned that MKportal just didnt have the stuff i wanted.

so right now php-nuke is installed on my site in [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

is it possible to move all the files into my main directory (www.darkwhiteclan.com) with out having any problems

if yes then say so please if no then tell me what i gotta do for it to work, or tell me i wasted a whole week of installing blocks and modules on it and i need to reinstall it in the main directory

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:07 pm Reply with quote

Yes and no.
You can move the files without any problems but (there's always a but isn't isn't there) you will need to go into phpmyadmin and change the two url settings in nuke_config (for the change of web address) and also in the forum_config table to change the setting there for the forum url.
Thats it, easier than you thought wasn't it Smile

sage04

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:21 pm Reply with quote

how do i edit the files with phpmyadmin?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:37 pm Reply with quote

You don't actually edit files with phpmyadmin, it is used for editing the database.
In your case you need to open the two tables I mentioned earlier and alter the data directly to reflect the change of the nuke url.

You can do that as a last resort, as it may allow you to do it via the normal nuke admin->preferences.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:41 pm Reply with quote

If I may, these can also be edited from the admin panels of both nuke and the forums.

Preferences for nuke and configuration for forums.

Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:02 am Reply with quote

ok im on my coffee ..
but if i read this correctly....are you guys reading actual what sage04 is telling/asking ?

Quote:
is it possible to move all the files into my main directory (www.darkwhiteclan.com) with out having any problems?

YES....

Quote:

if yes then say so please if no then tell me what i gotta do for it to work, or tell me i wasted a whole week of installing blocks and modules on it and i need to reinstall it in the main directory

thats the point i get lost in the replies of my fellow support gents....

my reply in this sage04

all you have to do as i understand from your story is to dump the other cms you have running in your root and use ftp to use MOVE command to transfer your nuke to the ROOT.

Nuke runs on the config so the site will work but you have to change your nuke url set in admin configuration and forums administration as darklord wrote..

and to do this all very fast you can create a folder outside public_html and call it trash.
Then in ftp again...select the other cms (its folders and files) and use again the move command to transfer them all to the trash folder...
all that can be done in 15 seconds or so... Wink

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:27 am Reply with quote

The point I was trying to make was I was unsure whether the site would work immediately due to the 2 urls being wrong in the admin preferences and the forum configurarion. If they can be changed via the admin log in, then thats great, if not it would have to be done either directly in phpmyadmin or even a small script could be created for updating it.

Another option of course would be to change the url's befre the move Smile

sage04

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:07 am Reply with quote

ok thanks guys, heres the plan once im done installing everything on my site (which hopfully will be today) ill go and do it in the admin panels then move then, if that fails then i shall go and do what Guardian2003 said

btw i dont totally understand the trash thing

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:22 am Reply with quote

ah but thats just an idea sage04..
i use it to but i call it trashcan.....

if you have big installs and you wanna delete it ,then it takes some time to do so...
but when you just move it to the trashcan (or trash) its gone in a few seconds...
then all you have to do later on is go to cpanel,then file manager and delete the trash folder...

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:28 am Reply with quote

One last thing... backup ALL of your previous root nuke installation somewhere as well as the database just to be on the safe side. I ALWAYS do this before making large changes so that I can very quickly get everything back up and running quickly if something goes wrong.

sage04

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:03 pm Reply with quote

k thanks guys

sage04

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:01 am Reply with quote

i was wondering if there is a way i can edit the index file so i wont have to move all of my folders.

i was thinking of this cause if i move all of my folders it might cause some complications with all of my addons like nuke sentinal, treasury, or a gallery i had installed.

so can i just like edit the index so i can move it into the main directory and thats it?

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:05 am Reply with quote

no...like i said best option is to use the move command in [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
if you dont know how ask someone who can do it for you..

sage04

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:15 am Reply with quote

alright, but will it mess up my sentinal? will i have to reinstall that? or uninstall it then reinstall it

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:23 am Reply with quote

no....

sage04

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:56 pm Reply with quote

ok cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic