Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro
Taz
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:19 pm Reply with quote

I did a search for this and came up empty so I apologize if this has been asked before. I am getting the message that I posted in the subject line when I go to many of the admin pages. I tried Firefox and Explorer, they both do it but not everywhere.

Error Loading "/includes/FCKeditor/fckstyles.xml

I get the message when I try to navigate to the following admin functions :

blocks, messages, newsletter, content (error comes up 5 times),news (twice). What is weird is that it I do not get the error when going to any of the following items, submit news,Faq's (when editing the content),Encyclopedia.

Even though I get the error the controls still seem to appear (correction, they do NOT appear at all in firefox Sad ) on the page and seem to work, but the error is really annoying. Any help?

Thanks

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:36 pm Reply with quote

hi taz..
if this will help i dont know but i found a similar error and was with a person using rerwrite rules..
Do you use rewrite?
and yes there is a problem getting it all working in firefox as well..

Taz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:49 pm Reply with quote

hitwalker wrote:
hi taz..
if this will help i dont know but i found a similar error and was with a person using rerwrite rules..
Do you use rewrite?
and yes there is a problem getting it all working in firefox as well..

Sorry, I'm not even sure what 'rewrite' is. This is a really fresh installation of raven's 2.0 distro, and the fckeditor that was included with that package. I setup the site, and the very first thing I added was the fckeditor. So I have done little or no configuration changes to anything. But I'm pretty good at hunting things down if you have any suggestions?

Should I consider upgrading the FCKeditor to the 2.31 release? The one shipped with the 2.0 distro is 2.2?

Thanks

hitwalker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:55 pm Reply with quote

well a few things..
you know this is experimental?
you installed all properly?
edits ...etc..?
and you also know it has some firefox issues as well?

Taz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:58 pm Reply with quote

Yes I read the disclaimer lol!

The instructions were pretty simple, a few changes in the config.php and mainfile.php and upload the folders. That all seemed to go great!

The instructions for this are :

"nuke WYSIWYG FCK v2.2 Editor files for RavenNuke76 v2.0.0: Courtesy of Kevin Guske!!!

Either backup your entire site or at least any of the files that this will overwrite!

Then just drop the contents of this WYSIWYG html folder (not the folder itself)
into your root nuke folder and overwrite everything it requests. The config.php file should be ok to
overwrite as long as you used the defaults. Otherwise, use this one and just replace the MySQL parameters.

The *.txt files have already been applied to the files in the html folder but are included as documentation."

Which lead me to believe that I just needed to allow overwrite of the config.php and the mainfile.php, then change my settings for the myslq part in the config.php. is there more?

Last edited by Taz on Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total 
montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:12 pm Reply with quote

I am not sure what to say. Been using it on a 2.02.02 site ever since it came out. I just tried it again to make sure, and these admin functions work just fine for me using FF 1.5.0.4 as well as IE 6.0 SP2.

I would not upgrade the FCK Editor to 2.31 without hearing from Kguske first. He did some things to integrate the editor into Nuke and I don't know what all he had to do.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:57 pm Reply with quote

I've been testing 2.3 and wouldn't recommend upgrading just yet. That isn't going to resolve your problem.

I haven't seen that message before, but suspect something was missed in the installation. Does the rest of your site work? If so, it's probably not an issue with the config.php or mainfile.php.

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:36 pm Reply with quote

This may be a server problem. Try to load the includes/FCKeditor/fckstyles.xml directly. The result may indicate the problem - possibly a permissions problem or possibly the file is missing. The reason the admin functions are different is that they default to a fully loaded editor, whereas the others are simply basic stuff (this is done to provide additional security).

Some servers restrict access to .xml files. If you can't change that, you could change the admin functions to load the PHPNukeuser role instead of NukeAdmin

Taz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:46 am Reply with quote

Well, I have posted exactly what I did to install the application, if I missed something please point it out. I can't understand how it would be a server problem when some of the options work, and do not present the error. But I'll try a few things and report back for everyones interest. Thanks for all the help.

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:51 am Reply with quote

I'm not sure you missed anything. But others who've had the same problem were on servers that restrict access to .xml files. If you try to browse includes/FCKeditor/fckstyles.xml directly, you might see an error message. If so, that tells you that this is a problem.

Again, if you change the toolbar in the admin functions to use the same toolbar as the non-admin functions, it will work (though you will have less functionality).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro

View next topic
View previous topic