Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:07 pm Reply with quote

Are you sure you have imported ALL the data as this has fixed everyone else so far.

The only way to turn the IP checking off would be to disable Sentinel as far as I am aware.

synaptyx
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:59 am Reply with quote

All the data has been imported, it took ages doing every single country. Any word on a fix yet Guardian?

anibus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:43 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003, I've imported all of the countries (not anly the mine and user's).

It seems that everything is working fine now. 10x for advice and patience.

P.S. Anyway I think IP2C should be optional.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:58 am Reply with quote

I agree but on the other hand, I would sooner put visiters through some screening before they get to my site but as always, different people have different needs etc.
Glad that the temporay fix has been of benefit to you.

finalheaven
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:26 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
Did you import the IP2C (IP to Country) data - it may be worth doing that before Bang Head

I did do this during installation, but perhaps I should try doing it again, because I've had several users with the Invalid IP address issue (and they're are not banned).

I'd like to try and import the IP2C one more time, and hopefully nip this in the butt.

Doulos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:42 am Reply with quote

I did the update for the most recent ip2country and both of the users who received the 'invalid ip' error are now able to connect. Thanks.

izone
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:02 pm Reply with quote

I had same problem with invalid ip address but by importing all iptc2 it is gone. But today when one of user informed me about using some tools (spider veiw) and getting this problem (invalid ip address). I used this tools to see how Raven's site looks like and the invalid ip problem shows up again.

you can test it here:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

result:

ravens php scripts and web hosting: you are using an invalid ip you have attempted to access this site with an invalid user agent. if you think this is a mistake you can contact the site webmaster at raven(at)ravenphpscripts(dot)com. be sure to include the following information in any email! user agent: none remote address: 72.29.71.252 client ip: none forwarded for: none

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:20 pm Reply with quote

That is probably correct and behaving normally. The access is being blocked not because of the IP but because the useragent is not allow.

finalheaven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:52 pm Reply with quote

Ezekiel wrote:
I did the update for the most recent ip2country and both of the users who received the 'invalid ip' error are now able to connect. Thanks.

Can someone please tell me how to do this, step by step, with a current installation of RavenNuke? Do I need to download new/updated IP2C codes? What do I do in NukeSentinel exactly? If I took the option of installing the IP2C codes while I was originally installing, could doing it again after it's installed still fix my invalid IP problems?

Most importantly though is the how.

panda
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:46 pm Reply with quote

uploaded IP2C and checked blocker setting and i still cant access from my work ( Invalid IP ) when i used to be able too . Any ideas ?

Ta.

synaptyx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:09 pm Reply with quote

So, call me thick, but what is an invalid user agent?

waterc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:11 pm Reply with quote

I had a similar experience. I was able to get in using a browser running on another system with a different IP address. Once in, I went into sentinel and clicked the "Search IP Addresses" and entered my failing IP address. It turned up on an IANA reserved list, thus the "invalid IP address". I guess my ISP must have gotten this IP address assigned to them after this list was created. I deleted it and I'm now able to get in from my original IP address.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:58 pm Reply with quote

glad to hear it, keeping upto date with the ip2c should really help in keeping that from happening again.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:30 am Reply with quote

Everyone talks about updating IP2C.

I just go into Nuke Sentinel and click all these right?
IP2C Update Blocked IP's
IP2C Update Tracked IP's
IP2C Update Blocked Ranges
IP2C Update Excluded Ranges
IP2C Update Protected Ranges

That's it?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:45 am Reply with quote

No, what we are talking about is the "IP to Country", and importing each country's data file.

finalheaven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:24 pm Reply with quote

And you do that by going into Nuke Sentinel, then Import Data, Import to IP2Country, and then clicking every country?

I did that already for countries A though G. It sucked. I hope that's not bad that I did that LOL>

Last edited by finalheaven on Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total 
montego

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:31 pm Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the answer is "Yes".

synaptyx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:22 am Reply with quote

finalheaven wrote:
Everyone talks about updating IP2C.

I just go into Nuke Sentinel and click all these right?
IP2C Update Blocked IP's
IP2C Update Tracked IP's
IP2C Update Blocked Ranges
IP2C Update Excluded Ranges
IP2C Update Protected Ranges

That's it?
I have now done this after doing the individual country updates and everything is working now. Smile

Thanks to all the thread contrubuters.

montego

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:44 am Reply with quote

RavensScripts

probador

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:44 am Reply with quote

hey guys:

unfortunately, I have the same problem but here's the thing: my server does not allow me to have sqls bigger than 8Mb. Everyth was fine without IP2C but right now I can't import all of the couintries...

Any solutions yet on the fix?

thanks

probador

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:08 am Reply with quote

OK, I'll answer myself;

I got the problem, at least in my case I didn't have to upload the whole ip2country, just the file "IANA Reserved".

It worked!! and I saved a lot of Mb !!!

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:30 pm Reply with quote

Thats good info, probador. I might empty my tables, and reimport the IANA Reserved too.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:34 am Reply with quote

synaptyx wrote:
So, call me thick, but what is an invalid user agent?

Sorry, it seems I missed your post.
Sentinel looks for certain information from your visitors to determine whether their visit is good or bad. Amongst the many things it checks is the 'useragent' - in very simple terms you can think of the useragent as 'which machine did the visit come from'.
In the case of say a visit from google, the useragent is reported as 'google', in the case of a visit from a human using internet explorer, the useragent will be reported as 'Internet Explorer ond so on.

Now comes the interesting part.
There are a great many bots and spiders out there, each will have their own unique useragent. In some cases these are blocked by Sentinel if the useragent is known to be 'bad' or in cases where a useragent cannot be determined (there isnt one or it is not available) Sentinel may err on the side of caution and issue a 'invalid useragent' warning based on the fact that there is no reason to 'hide' the useragent and by doing so, it is suspicious activity.

To use an analogy;
You get pulled over by the cops for driving irratically. The cop says "whats your address" and you say " I dont live anywhere" - do you think the cop is going to be suspicious?
Or to stretch it a bit.......
You say 101 whatever street and the cop know there are only 100 houses on that street - do you think he is going to be suspicious?

montego

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:14 am Reply with quote

probador wrote:
OK, I'll answer myself;

I got the problem, at least in my case I didn't have to upload the whole ip2country, just the file "IANA Reserved".

It worked!! and I saved a lot of Mb !!!

That was an excellent analysis and fix!

BTW, BobMarion has not been able to replicate this issue in his local environment. He is thinking that somehow values are getting loaded into the IP2C table or were carried over from a prior installation.

If you wipe your nuke_nsnst_ip2country table clean, it should work too. It will not get a hit on the check for the reserved IP.

Would really appreciate it if someone, who can replicate the "Invalid IP" on a regular basis, could verify this by truncating their nuke_nsnst_ip2country table using phpMyAdmin. The command would be:

TRUNCATE TABLE nuke_nsnst_ip2country;

srhh
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:02 pm Reply with quote

Just to add my two cents. I had the same problem after upgrading to 2.5.2. I did the import country thing (all of them just to be sure) I haven't heard back from the people who couldn't get access, so I'm assuming it worked.
I noticed that after importing my ip2country table is only 2.9MB though....?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x

View next topic
View previous topic