Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes
jtmcadams

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:04 pm Reply with quote

Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum

Ok I found a blank phpnuke module that you are supposed to be able to add your php code in at a specified point and have it work as a module in phpnuke. Well when I try it without adding my code it works fine, it will display the text that's in the place where your code goes. when I apply my code in that spot all i get is a blank white page, no errors no nothing. I tried to post the two variations in the code in this post but was told by nuke it was a no no so I made them into text files and you can view them both at this link http://www.dumbpc.com/files/index1.txt and this linkhttp://www.dumbpc.com/files/index2.txt Can somebody tell me what is wrong? I can get the code i wish to use in the module to work fine without putting it inside the module. But I want to use it as a module.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:00 am Reply with quote

I have never seen a mod that will allow you to put code in and it work as a module, This is not without possibity, just not something I have seen myself, If you could post a link for someone to grab would be usefull.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:05 am Reply with quote

I posted two links

jtmcadams

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:06 am Reply with quote

I posted two links

gregexp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:51 am Reply with quote

I would use an exising nuke module to see which code isnt working, Look at the way the module is defined as a module file for starters Wink

I will help as it needs to be, but in the words of a smart man

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach him to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

jtmcadams

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:50 pm Reply with quote

does the database for this module need to have tables within the nuke database or is it permissable to execute it from a seperate db? I can't figure out why the script will work fine on it own but when placed inside nuke as a module it wont even produce an error.

jtmcadams

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:50 pm Reply with quote

does the database for this module need to have tables within the nuke database or is it permissable to execute it from a seperate db? I can't figure out why the script will work fine on it own but when placed inside nuke as a module it wont even produce an error.

gregexp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:56 pm Reply with quote

A lot of things need to be looked at to make it work like a module.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:01 pm Reply with quote

jtmcadams, something you are doing is making you double post. You might need to loosen up on the caffeine. Laughing

Blank pages often times means you have a parse error. Try setting display errors to true in config.php if you have not already done so.

In your first example, I quickly glanced at it and found that you have an invalid echo statement (see the bolded line below):

echo "<table width=\"100%\" border=\"0\" align=\"center\"><tr><td align=\"center\">";
echo"

There may be more, but this is what I saw right off the bat.

jtmcadams

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:08 pm Reply with quote

ok I'll take a look at what you've noted and see if that helps, as for the dobule post, i don't have a clue where that's coming from I just use the quick reply and only click one time. sure it's not an issue with quick reply on this forum?

jtmcadams

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:34 pm Reply with quote

Ok I made the fixes you suggested and changed config.php to display errors it seems all my errors have to do with the html sections within the php code. (I didn't write the script so I don't have a clue) I don't know diddly about php really but what I would like is to take this [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and make it into a nuke module. Can this be done relatively easy or am i out of luck?

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:13 am Reply with quote

Almost anything can made into a nuke module, but it takes a good working knowledge of PHP, HTML (possibly CSS too) and a good example nuke module to work from.

The issues with what you originally posted is that there is PHP and HTML code all intermingled without proper adherence to PHP's syntax requirements. There are 3 - 4 different ways to have PHP produce HTML back to the browser.

If you want to do this, I would suggest picking up a good book on PHP and mySQL and give it a try. Your example form does not look too complicated to incorporate with the right knowledge base.

Good luck and regards,
montego

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes

View next topic
View previous topic