Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
mvillamizar
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:08 pm Reply with quote

I just installed v2.00.00

I can loging to the admin section without a problem, but wen I try to use any of the admin modules I get banned my self, so I have to unbanned my self.

but when i try again I get banned and so on.

The only different thing that I did when i installed the phpnuke was that i didn't upload the .htaccess and .staccess files, because my hosting does not support then.

can any one help me?

Thanks,

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:13 pm Reply with quote

Install the latest version which is 2.02.02

mvillamizar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:04 pm Reply with quote

I installed v2.02.02 and still happend the same problem

I get the following message
"You have attempted to improperly access the admin area of this site."

Does it have something to do with the .htaccess file
I have the web site on yahoo and I don't have control over .htaccess

apart from that, I think the installation it is ok.

Thanks

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:29 pm Reply with quote

In your first post you said you had installed 2.0.0 which is why I recommended that latest version.
Not uploading the htaccess file should not cause this error.
Is the warning displayed on a page with a black background or a white page.

mvillamizar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:09 pm Reply with quote

what i get is this with black background:

You have been blocked from entering this site.

You have attempted to improperly access the admin area of this site.

All of the following information has been gathered to assist the webmaster should this need to be reported to local or federal law enforcement.

If you think this is a mistake you can contact the site webmaster at my(dot)email(at)mydomain(dot)com.

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/1.5.0.4
Remote Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Client IP: none
Forwarded For: none
Date Blocked: 2006-07-21 @ 04:09:29 GMT GMT +0000
Block expires: Permanent

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:12 pm Reply with quote

You are either using the wrong user/pass combination for the God admin account OR
Did not set up an admin account OR
You turned on admin blocker in Sentinel before 'protecting' your admin account.

mvillamizar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:31 pm Reply with quote

this is a fresh installation, of raven phpnuke 76 v2.02.02

i used the installation script that comes with it.

as you know one of the step on this installation script, is to create the GOD USER, also the sentinel user.

after that I went to /admin.php and login with the god user without any problem, but as soon as i click on any module I get banned my self, so far i havent been able to do anything else, not even what you said "turned on admin blocker in Sentinel before 'protecting' your admin account"

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:08 am Reply with quote

One of the first steps after running setup.php is to log in and go to the NukeSentinel administration. Did you get this ban upon the very first time EVER that you logged in with your god admin account?

I just want to make sure this hasn't happened further down the road as apposed to the very beginning.

If it was your very first time ever, then one of two things: 1) not all of the files in the distribution was FTP'd, or 2) the database installation really wasn't fully completed. Have you tried to re-install the database using all FOUR steps of the installer, followed by setup.php?

This definitely does not happen if all files got to the server and all steps were performed properly so we need to figure out which piece is missing.

mvillamizar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:22 am Reply with quote

yes it did happen the very first time.

I going to install all the data base againg, but i dont think it is the problem. and also check if all file have been upload

Thanks

mvillamizar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:10 am Reply with quote

Well aparently it was

I did install DB and files again and it is working now

Thanks a lot Very Happy

mvillamizar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:13 pm Reply with quote

Hi again,

well the site is aparently working fine, but I have a problem
when I am at home I can navegate the site even the admin part of the phpnuke.

but when I am at work, I can log in to the phpnuke admin control panel, but as soon as i click on any of the modules as banner or nuke sentinel, I get banned my self.

At work we ´ve got a proxy, I set the block proxies off in the nuke sentinel, but still get banned at work and the big issue here is, I spend more time at work that at home.

What can I do in this case?

also I get banned in this site when I am connected from the office (could be the proxy?), and also many other sites like hitwalker for nothing, so my conser is, is it nuke sentinel to strict, it will block potencial visits to my site for nothing?

Thanks

mvillamizar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:09 pm Reply with quote

I habeen banned again and I'm getting this message

Quote:

You have been blocked from entering this site.

You have attempted an Authors Table attack on this site.

All of the following information has been gathered to assist the webmaster should this need to be reported to local or federal law enforcement.

If you think this is a mistake you can contact the site webmaster at m(dot)v(at)mywebsite(dot)com.

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
Remote Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Client IP: none
Forwarded For: none
Date Blocked: 2006-07-26 @ 03:47:04 GMT GMT +0000
Block expires: Permanent

what it is wrong?

thanks

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:28 pm Reply with quote

If you are logged in as GOD admin then this should not be occuring, the authors blocker can be deactivated via sentinel admin panel until a fix is presented, If you are not logged in as god admin, or waited too long
(sentinel keeps you logged in for a certain amount of time after which sentinel doesnt know you are admin and needs you to verify it by logging in again.)

This is the admin blocker(I believe)

So set these 2 blockers to e-mail for now otherwise, log in under GOD admin.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:54 pm Reply with quote

Also, make sure you import all the IP2C data from Sentienls import function to the Country Ranges.

mvillamizar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:41 pm Reply with quote

All the IP2C data have been upload

I logged in as a GOD admin, and I could set the admin blocker and user blocker to email. every thing was fine for about 20 min, then I´ve got banned again.

help!!! worship

montego

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:23 pm Reply with quote

Sounds to me like something is expiring your admin cookie, for NS is doing the is_admin check. I am not 100% certain where all the places in nuke this can be set.

Since your blocker is for the "Author", that implies that for some reason your browser no longer passing the admin cookie back to PHP-Nuke and you are then clicking on one of the "Edit Admins".

I don' t know why that is happening to you, but if you can figure that out, I think we will have the root of your problem.

gregexp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:28 pm Reply with quote

Do you have http auth turned on?

If so, You cannot sit in the admin panel for a long period of time and then just start doing things.

Some functions ban automatically if clicked by a non-GOD admin.

No worries though, I have to tell my admins that all the time.

If this is the case, The simplest way to fix this would be to either stay moving within the admin panel OR when you have been sitting in the admin panel(without changing pages) then DONT reload the page or click anything, just rewrite the url to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

There youll be prompted with a login and that will reestablish your admin rights and let sentinel know you are an admin.

montego

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:31 pm Reply with quote

darklord, you may be right, but I am thinking it is more tied to the cookie. The HTTP/CGIAuth, from my understanding, if expired, would not throw the ban page. It would only throw up a white not-authorized to access page or re-prompt for the user/password. I really think this is admin cookie related, but don't know how/why it is getting expired.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:37 pm Reply with quote

Can you confirm that nothing has been added to the RN files - no additional modules/ hacks etc.

gregexp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:38 pm Reply with quote

we were posting at the same time, lol.

I think you may misunderstood what I meant, See I mean if they are lets say sitting in sentinels admin and then there cookie expires(happens after a lotted amount of time with http auth or cgi auth) and they try after the cookie expires to edit the blockers or to reload the sentinel admin, it bans them automatically, but if in blocks, no It will ask them for their username and password.

I think its in how sensitive sentinel is to being GOD admin to mess with those panels.

mvillamizar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:02 am Reply with quote

well, before hand thanks alot for all those answers

The nuke sentinel comifiguration is like this:

block proxies - off
Administratives settings - Admin Auth: off
Admin blocker settings - Activate: Email Admin
Author blocker settings - Activate: Email Admin

I´m with yahoo hosting, so I cannot upload, nor manipulate .htaccess, that is why I have Administratives settings - Admin Auth: off

The only thing I have modify so far is the the selectlanguage function on the mainfile.php file.

beacuse this is a fresh installation, the only admin I have so far is the GOD admin, so I always log in using GOD admin.

But I did the following, I setted a module to bee view only by admins, then I log in as GOD ADMIN try to see that module, and it said that I didn´t have access to that module, bizarre.

Thanks a lot, hope I can solve this problem soon.

Any thoughts?

gregexp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:29 am Reply with quote

Curious, does you host put ristrictions on the sql query?

mvillamizar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:17 am Reply with quote

Problem solve

Thanks a lot

montego

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:25 am Reply with quote

mvillamizar, please post back with what the resolution was. It would help others who visit this thread. Thank you.

mvillamizar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:31 am Reply with quote

well,

I have my website on yahoo.
yahoo use .htaccess, but one does not have much control of that.
so one can create a folder password protected but not a single file.

so i installed the phpnuke inside a folder and i password protected that folder while i was testing the installation and that was creating conflict, so i just remove the password protection from that folder.

so now it is working.

Thanks ones again

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic