Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
mrbilly
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:37 am Reply with quote

Hey guys....advanced apologies if this posting isnt in the correct place here, but I did not see anywhere else to make the folowing point and I AM using Raven's RavenNuke76 v2.02.02 Distro.

I am just about to begin using Topics in my website and make the module go live...along with the news module to.

On the Topics Manager's, Add New Topic's page, there is a field that says Topic Name and another that says Topic Text.

It seems to me that whatever is input into the Topic Text page is the name of the topic that is displayed to users, but I do not see what the Topic Name filed is for and why it is relivant.

Please can someone enlighten me?

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:47 pm Reply with quote

Confused... The topic name is the name of the topic displayed to users. The topic text describes the topic in more detail.

mrbilly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:29 pm Reply with quote

Hey kguske...thanks for that reply.

The reason this did confuse me and didnt seem so straight forward as your explaination is specifically because the below the Topic Name field advises that you must use a name 'without spaces' and the Topic Text field says it is the full topic text or description and alows the use of spaces in the text.

So I guess the real question now is why can u not use spaces in the Topic Name field?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic