Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
tweaker
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:59 am Reply with quote

Is it safe to delete a user from the database (of course its backed up first) or does RN have other tie in's that I should really just stick with the delete user function in the admin control panel?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:32 pm Reply with quote

I have not tried this with newer versions but with the older versions I think there was an issue with deleted users screwing up the forums as no user id could be attributed to the deleted users posts.
Better to be safe and either ban the user or go into their profile and change there password.

tweaker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:03 pm Reply with quote

OK no problem. Thanks for the 411.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:06 pm Reply with quote

Thinking on.......
If you delete the users forum posts first it shouldn't be a problem (you can use the forums 'search all posts by username' to find them all.

Susann

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:31 pm Reply with quote

I don´t delete users completely but I change their password and the e-mail in the database and sometimes I add also the name into the forum , because there are also some features to lock names, e-mails. So the result is that those user can´t login anymore and don´t get a new password and of course they lose all points.
But I have not tried this in newer versions. I blieve that depends more on the situation, the forums post etc..

Because of the search results from search engines I don´t usally delete posts.
Hope this helps Smile

tweaker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:00 pm Reply with quote

I'm wanting to remove the people who haven't posted in the forums period really. They aren't doing me any good what-so-ever and their participation is a waste. So user post = 0 is who I want to start with.

Susann

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:23 pm Reply with quote

1. From my point of view it make sense if you have this point in your rules. So it´s clear for every user.

2. There are several phpBB mods availabe for this function. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Try the search function here I ´ve answered a similar question some weeks before. But I don´t know exactly if a ported mod is availabe for nuke.

3. Often user registered only to download some tools and the come back 6 month later.
So maybe it would be a good idea if you check also the date and not only the 0 post.

However, I m sure that a a specific number users with 0 posts are just fake users created through bots.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic