Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x
tekkenm2000

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:50 pm Reply with quote

I had NS 2.0.0, which I thought It was about time to update this. Running 7.2 phpnuke. removed the NS tables in the phpadmin first. Well uploaded the new 2.5.0 and all seemed ok. the instructions are not very clear at all, I remembered the mainfile.php one line written in..
Code:
include("includes/nukesentinel.php");
everything seemed to go pretty well, still not sure about these sample.staccess, sample.htaccess,sample.ftaccess.. what i should do with those, unknown.
after running the nsnst.php file, all goes well.. click admin and im in setting the config.. also noticed it was missing the lang file everything had _adminsettings _config something.. once i was finished there i loged into the admin control panel, now it seems I can not click on any of the module blocks to access them. also at the top of the administration menu it says illegal access detected. how am i suppose to gain access or fix this problem?

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:22 pm Reply with quote

Welcome.

You can find more details in the online manual available on this site.

The illegal access is probably due to the required patch level of PHP-Nuke. There should be intructions in the forums here for finding how to get around that if you don't have time to install the 3.1 patch or later.

tekkenm2000

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:48 am Reply with quote

Im not sure about the patch thing, what is it?, what needs to be done to do this upgrade? what instructions are there, are you refering to the manual?
Im trying to figure out if you are telling me that the site should just be upgraded to the newest php.. . which i'd rather not have to do that, since there are so many issues with it currently. Also that there is some sort of work around that can be done to allow me access to the administration menu -> modules -> settings.
I'd need alittle more info about such ideas... any would be helpful at this point.

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:01 am Reply with quote

NukeFixes.com produces patches for PHPNuke that fix bugs and provide additional security. You need to have the 3.1 patch or higher.

The online manual for NukeSentinel is available here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

tekkenm2000

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:03 am Reply with quote

i'll check out the URL, Im reading the manual ATM... BTW that thing is WAY out dated..

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:10 am Reply with quote

Do you THINK? Maybe that's why Raven is requesting for assistance on the front page...

Still, that manual provides a lot of useful information that can answer your questions above. That hasn't changed since the manual was last updated, and you can verify that by looking at the changelog.

tekkenm2000

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:35 am Reply with quote

well that all went horrible wrong... used the manual as perscribed, did all the file modifications to the 3.1 patch for 7.2. Uploaded the files; after that.. I no longer had a site. Massive errors, more than I can explain at this point. SO, I re-up'd the site from the back up.. Im back to square One.
Sites up, Still cant access the modules in the administration menu.. NS 2.5.0 is running, but i just cant seem to add in one last module.. gee i guess id have to do this the hard way through the tables in sql.. 'just Wonderful'
Suggestions!?!?

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:45 am Reply with quote

What happens when you try to access the admin modules function? Are you still getting an error when trying to access the plain admin.php page?

tekkenm2000

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:48 am Reply with quote

getting in the main admin.php page is not the problem. im able to login to the control panel of the site, its when i try to access the modules.. it just reloads the page and no modules appear at the bottem. (Ie. clicking preferences) nothing happens.. thats where im stuck at.

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:01 pm Reply with quote

Are any modules showing in your modules block? Does your modules table exist? If so, there is a discrepancy between the modules table and what the admin modules function is expecting.

tekkenm2000

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:23 pm Reply with quote

inside of the administration menu.. I can see some of the module blocks, but clicking "modules" nothing happens. also i noticed site pref(s) block is not being displayed. hmmmmm

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:31 pm Reply with quote

OK. It sounds like some of the /admin files are missing. In that directory, there should be case, links, modules directories, and there should be files under each for modules administration. Is that the case?

tekkenm2000

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:40 pm Reply with quote

on the ftp, public_html/admin - case,language,link,modules folders exsist.
inside of case folder/ 31 files. lang/ 37 files. links/ 33 files. modules/ 33 files. seems like they are all there.. just cant access those puppies.
don't think this is the case.. im still pushing towards being blocked from accessing the modules. perhaps i can just remove everything from NS and try to reinstall a later version, perhapes 2.4.x.. upgrade from there?

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:07 pm Reply with quote

If you are missing links on the admin page (e.g. for preferences), something is missing from those directories. If you have a link, but nothing happens when you click it, something is missing from those directories. If you click the link and get an error message or some other error occurs, there is a problem with the associated admin/module file (or with the modules/xxx/admin/index file.

Check the file permissions on the admin directory files, too, before trying another approach.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x

View next topic
View previous topic