Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
tommyb
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:39 am Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just a quick query, is it possible to allow flash signatures in the forum or purely allow this just for admins/mods?

Thanks

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:32 am Reply with quote

nope..not that i know off....,and these things can effect a site's loading time...

blith
Client

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:01 pm Reply with quote

speaking of forum signatures, whi if bbcode is turned on and you add a signature through profile it gets meesed up. It adds numbers after the bbcode ou put in. If you then go into Your Account you will see the messed up code? How to make bbcode work? thank you.

blith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:39 am Reply with quote

Can anyone help with my question?

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:05 pm Reply with quote

hi blith,pm raven to give a reply to this...

blith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:54 pm Reply with quote

hitwalker wrote:
hi blith,pm raven to give a reply to this...

Hmmm, I do not want to bother Raven in a Pm.. is it a secret that I am not aware of?

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:03 pm Reply with quote

no....
but as you posted this in the ravennuke forum it is related to that distro.
thats why i suggested to pm him..
and no he doesnt mind.....after all your waiting for 10 days now for a reply.. Smile

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:19 am Reply with quote

BBCode works just fine through the Forums Profile

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
blith

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:30 am Reply with quote

evaders99 wrote:
BBCode works just fine through the Forums Profile

It is not working fine. Here is what I put in my Forums Profiles:
Code:
[b]Hello[/b]

This is what shows up in my Your Account signature block as a result of what I put in through Forum profile:
Code:
[b:1a64dce31f]Hello[/b:1a64dce31f]

and nothing shows up in the forum.

Last edited by blith on Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total 
gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:47 pm Reply with quote

I've had this same problem, went with cnbya to correct this issue.

But if setup through the forum, it still showed up. I'd sudjest re ftping the module to correct any mishaps in the process of ftping, also make sure signatures are allowed in the admin panel.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:55 am Reply with quote

I do not believe it is the FTP because I have had this issue on the last three versions of Nuke I have had and signatures are allowed in the admin panel.

gregexp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:32 pm Reply with quote

If its standard nuke, then yes I have seen this problem before with the your account module, as for the sigs not showing up in the forums, have you tried changing themes?

I believe that a theme that overrides the forums template may stop the ciewing of sigs.

The fix for the your_account was to use cnbya latest version which fixed those issues.

blith

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:45 pm Reply with quote

Sorry, I use the standard subsilver built right into RavenNuke.

gregexp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:56 pm Reply with quote

I should read more!!!

Laughing

I cant seem to reproduce this problem on my test site at all. Sorry.

Hopefully others will be able to.

evaders99

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:33 am Reply with quote

Your_Account will not process BBCode. But it should display find on your forums, assuming the BBCode itself is enabled.

blith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:41 am Reply with quote

evaders99 wrote:
Your_Account will not process BBCode. But it should display find on your forums, assuming the BBCode itself is enabled.

evaders, thank you for your psts but did you see my example above? I have BBCode enabled through forum config, If I put bbcode in my signature through Forums profile then it gets changed to the code with numbers in Your Account, like my examples above... I have BBCode and signatures enabled everywhere I can find and nothing works.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:10 pm Reply with quote

evaders99, could this possibly be related to general bbcode issues in the forums with the 2.0.20 patch? I believe the quoting or possibly the code tag isn't working right? Sorry, cannot remember exactly which, but we even have a bug report on it... this might be related. Would be nice to fix for RN 2.10.00.

blith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:02 pm Reply with quote

New development! I enabled HTML for my forums and the HTML signatures worked but broke the bbcode. Example: quoteing no longer functioned. It displays the bbcode for quote. I disabled HTML and all things went back to normal.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:15 pm Reply with quote

I don't follow?
Are you saying that having (only ) html enabled allows html sigs but not bbcode sigs and having (only) bbcode enabled allows bbcode sigs to work?
What happens if both are enabled?

blith

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:48 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
I don't follow?
Are you saying that having (only ) html enabled allows html sigs but not bbcode sigs and having (only) bbcode enabled allows bbcode sigs to work?
What happens if both are enabled?

If you have both HTML and BBCode enabled it breaks the BBCode used in quoting and such.

HTML and BBCode enabled:
Code:
[quote="edwardsmd"]Interesting. Next thing you know Mr. Gates will quit MS to become a philanthropist. Dogs and cats living together, you know how it goes... 

I've been debating for some time about getting a vid card that will work well in my system. I was thinking of posting some specs and asking for advice. With my b-day coming up, I plan on exploiting the hell out of it for hardware goodies from my family. That's what they're for, right?[/quote]
This is a test

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:21 am Reply with quote

Sorry blith I didnt see this post until now.
I'm just going to try this on my test site now.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:34 am Reply with quote

I used the bbcode img tags to create an image in my signature and male a couple of posts using the quote tags and the topic quote button.
I forgot to turn the 'show my sig' in my profile until the third post but as you can see, everything seems fine to me - or am I missing something?
Forum config has both bbcode and html turned on and 'html is allowed' is turned on. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

evaders99

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:06 am Reply with quote

Your Account module does not process BBCode at all. You'd have to use HTML signatures to get it to work both in the forums and Your_Account module

quindoma

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:52 am Reply with quote

Greetings everyone,

I'm sorry to drag this one up again, but it was the only topic I found that matches exactly the problem I have and I would love to know if there is any way this could be addressed/hacked/fixed quickly.

Whenever I or one of the users of the site I manage enters a signature through the Your Account module of RavenNuke 2.02.02 distro that I recently installed, the signature is saved as is, eg. if I save [img]imagelink[/img] it saves it as exactly that to the database. In this situation the phpbb forum displays exactly that text, but doesn't reinterpret the bbcode tags itself.
However if I do the same over the Profile of the forum module directly, the tags are converted and stored in the database as an alphanumeric code following the tag, as has been already shown above eg. [img:2442a311aa]imagelink[/img:2442a311aa]. This is not limited to [img] but is added to all, such as b or i tags as well. This code is then correctly interpreted by phpbb when read and the link will get displayed.

Looking into the database, the nuke_users table has a field called user_sig_bbcode_uid which contains the exact same value as is displayed in the extended tags from the signature. This code here and in the extended tags changes every time I save the profile.

My main question for now, is if there is any fix for this (I haven't found any) or a way to hack the Your Account module (until there's a proper update) in a way to also add these tags in a consistent fashion so that signatures saved through that will still be viewable within the forum signatures. I don't really care about it showing the image, or interpreting the tags within the YA module, I just want to make sure that the sigs saved this way work in the forum.

Any help would be appreciated, and if it can't be fixed easily, I'll just have to tell the users to not use that path to save the sig.
Regards
Quin

xenosaber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:44 am Reply with quote

I was having a problem displaying things in the BB's as well, I upgraded to phpBB 2.0.21 and the problem went away. You could try that. Here is the thread: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic