Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x
carlos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:19 pm Reply with quote

i upgraded and this has happened this is the only change i made to my site
i just checked my User's Administration and i have 9 users waiting couldnt understand as i normaly get notifed of new member activion so checked the email settings for the site that was ok then i went to the forum and sent myself an email that was ok and recived but i just went to Register and got to the Welcome! You are now registered as a member.

Your request for a new account has been processed. You'll receive an email in the next few seconds with a activation link that should be visited in the next 24 hours to be able to activate your account.
but didnt recive the email this is why users are waiting to activate dont understand nothing on the site has changed the email not sending must have happened 3 days ago as users are waiting from then for there email looked in the tables at the notify_email and looks ok there
i have posted on futurenuke
and someone had a look at my site and settings but all was ok as this is all i had done to the site this is all i can think it is is it posable to downgrade so i can make sure this was the problem or not?really stuck at the moment as have users waiting for there actavtion email. Sad

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:00 pm Reply with quote

I upgraded to 2.5.0 today and I just tried adding a test user and it worked for me. Are you sure the activation email didn't end up in a spam folder or something?

carlos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:06 pm Reply with quote

no i went though all of em but no joy are you using Platinum 7.6.b.4

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:11 pm Reply with quote

What is your web address carlos.

carlos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:16 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] i have turned off the send email activation i can turn it back on if you like or whatever info you need thanks for any advice you can give.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:39 pm Reply with quote

If you could turn it back on for a test that would be great, thanks.

carlos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:42 pm Reply with quote

ok done!

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:51 pm Reply with quote

Interesting. No mail sent and no errors reported. I am wondering if your host has disabled php_mail() and installing Sentinel was just coincidental.
Thee should be anything in Sentinel to cause this.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:52 pm Reply with quote

Ah! When did you install CNBYA ?

carlos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:00 pm Reply with quote

the host hasnt turned of my mail as i can still mail from the forums,sorry going to really dumb what is CNBYA?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:06 pm Reply with quote

I just realised you were using nuke platinum - CBNYA comes with that, it is an enhanced Your Account module.

manunkind
Client

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:15 pm Reply with quote

Turn off the security code for registration. I had this same problem with CNBYA.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:17 pm Reply with quote

no i just stuck a clock in it ages ago i really havent changed anything but the NukeSentinel(tm) upgrade if looked at the tables email is in there fine looked at the setting on the site all looks fine there.but you have said NukeSentinel(tm) shouldnt give me any issues like the one im having so im stumped so are they over at futurenuke they sent me here as someone there took a look at my site though admin and checked the tables and config of the site and said all was fine and have now checked with my host emailing is still on no problems there and i have sent mail using that email account is it worth trying to downgrade?

manunkind

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:19 pm Reply with quote

Now that I re-read your post, it might be a different problem. Mine wasn't even populating the database so I didn't even see any "Waiting" users. Try it and see?

Last edited by manunkind on Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total 
carlos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:20 pm Reply with quote

manunkind i can do that but i also tryed the lossed password and that wouldnt go eather said it was sent but never got it but i will try you surjestion now thanks!

carlos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:24 pm Reply with quote

no luck im afraid thanks for the sujestion though!

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:32 pm Reply with quote

You could try turning error reporting on in config.php and try creating a new account and see if it generates any errors.
Or replace your Your_Account/index.php with the original version.
Other than that I am at a loss.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:10 am Reply with quote

Um, problem with this is that the index.php not the same as in standard nuke , I'd be happy to apply the edits for you, just send me the ORIGINAL index.php of the your_account module and Ill edit it for you no problem.

E-mail: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:52 am Reply with quote

just alittle update it is only the site that is not sending emails ie losed password new user activation and send news to a freand but if i email someone frome the forums or recive notifction of a reply ar any of that in the forums it works ok.any more ideas anyone? Sad

carlos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:36 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
You could try turning error reporting on in config.php and try creating a new account and see if it generates any errors.
Or replace your Your_Account/index.php with the original version.
Other than that I am at a loss.

tryed both no errors say message sent and replaced your_account/index.php no luck and i tryed replacing the whole folder Your_Account no luck there thanks anyway appcate all of your efforts Smile

carlos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:31 pm Reply with quote

This is now fixed dont ask how just thankyou to all who tryed to help it was really apprcated thankyou

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:07 pm Reply with quote

carlos - thanks for updating us.

milenko
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:12 pm Reply with quote

I am having the same issues, someone posted they can't register at the site, im like wth, so I got two more complaints, so I went ahead and tried my self and sure enough no email sent, went to the database and ever since I upgraded to NukeSentinel v2.5.0 no one gets an activation email. I want this feature and do not want to turn it off. Can someone please tell me first how to resend all the 16 activation emails sitting in temp_users in my database. And how to fix this issue?
BTW topic notifications from the forum are being sent, incase you are wondering!

Im using Raven's RavenNuke76 v2.02.02 Distro w/NukeSentinel v2.5.0 just downloaded 2.5.1 going to re test after upgrade!

milenko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:16 pm Reply with quote

no errors in database also, checked and even ran a repair incase.
I also installed Ravens re_send activation email module, and email's still aren't being sent....

milenko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:27 pm Reply with quote

Ok did the update and no change, know I started messing around and tried to Lost your Password? Went ahead and tried that, email came instanly. I do not understand why forum notifications and lost password is emailing but not registration emails...

URL: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Here is the error logs from when I tried to register:

Quote:
[Mon Aug 7 23:50:20 2006] [error] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/teamsoe/public_html/dfx/header.php:32) in /home/teamsoe/public_html/dfx/includes/functions.php on line 943
[Mon Aug 7 23:50:20 2006] [error] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/teamsoe/public_html/dfx/header.php:32) in /home/teamsoe/public_html/dfx/includes/sessions.php on line 255
[Mon Aug 7 23:50:20 2006] [error] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/teamsoe/public_html/dfx/header.php:32) in /home/teamsoe/public_html/dfx/includes/sessions.php on line 254

Let me know if I forgot anything you made need.

Last edited by milenko on Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x

View next topic
View previous topic