Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
Poll
Add more NSN Packages in to RavenNuke?
No! Leave it alone!
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Yes! Add everything NSN, everything!
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Yes, but don't add NSN Downloads.
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
I really don't care.
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

guidyy
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:25 am Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Maybe the thumbnail could be generated when the link is submitted, rather than each time it's displayed?

After a while this would not respect any change made to the linked site.
There are several sites that offer snapshots of a page other than alexa. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] is a reliable one [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] has been recently remodeled
This link exchange site has a nice and clear layout IMHO. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Guido

aseitz
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:51 pm Reply with quote

I guess what I am trying to get at is this...

The core modules in php-nuke suck. They really do. The download manager is really more of a waste of time than anything else and the news management interface is garbage.

NSN adds nice interfaces and functionality to these, however the trade off is a massive amount of work to get the NSN stuff to work in RN (mostly in regards to adding the wysiwyg editor back in).

Maybe what I am looking for is a distribution point for RN compatable (i.e: pre-modified) modules?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:24 pm Reply with quote

I wouldn't say it's a massive effort to add wysiwyg - I just haven't had ANY time yet to do that. I will, and it won't be long...

aseitz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:10 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
I wouldn't say it's a massive effort to add wysiwyg - I just haven't had ANY time yet to do that. I will, and it won't be long...

Yeah change massive to "a lot" Smile

aseitz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:12 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
The idea is worthwhile, but the question / survey probably could have been worded better (i.e. Raven won't be responsible for doing all the work associated with such efforts).

We generally consider adding things to RavenNuke that meet several criteria (Raven and Montego, please correct me if I'm wrong):
- provides enhanced security
- provides functionality that a majority of users want
- requires modifications to core files
- doesn't restrict users from adding other addons, themes, etc.

Aseitz, as we've discussed, there is definitely some merit to considering replacing some of the default modules with NSN enhancements (e.g. NSN-News, NSN-Banner Ads, NSN->CNB YA). However, with NSN Group Downloads, although it's a good replacement, there isn't a clear preference for that (though I prefer it, many others do not).

However, other modules (e.g. NukeProject, NukeWeather, etc.) don't exist in PHP-Nuke, don't require modifications to the core files, and could easily be added for those that want it. Thus it's unlikely that we would consider adding these to RavenNuke.

A better question might be: which one enhancement would you most like to see added to RavenNuke, followed by a listing of various enhancements, including the NSN modules you are interested in.

I would get the most use out of NSN_News but I would also like NSN_Donwnloads.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:44 pm Reply with quote

Bob Marion has given me permission to use any of his work that I want to. The caveat is that he is not able to offer support, so I have to be able to provide that, whether just me or the RN team. I haven't yet decided which path to take after the next release, v2.10.00 Wink

aseitz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:46 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Bob Marion has given me permission to use any of his work that I want to. The caveat is that he is not able to offer support, so I have to be able to provide that, whether just me or the RN team. I haven't yet decided which path to take after the next release, v2.10.00 Wink

*puts on butt kissing hat*

Because Bob is the man, second only to yourself Raven. Smile

Last edited by aseitz on Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total 
aseitz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:39 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
Now you have mentioned it, yes, editing by weblink ID number is a stupid idea - I wonder which brain dead individual thought up that bright idea in the first place.

I'll do it. Guaranteed complete, with any other modifications you want and will be available for download on the 30th February 2007 (only).

It's also how you manipulate news and downloads... it's a terrible idea. This is the exact reason I created this poll, I hate the nuke interface for administrating content.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic