Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x
brianpuffer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:21 pm Reply with quote

i have two users that cannot access my page one is registered and one isnt, i dotn know where to start i added there ip's to the excluded range but still no results did a search on there IP's and they were also found in IP2C....? what does that mean if there there

help please

thank you
Brian Puffer

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:54 pm Reply with quote

I would remove from ip2c.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:03 pm Reply with quote

brianpuffer, what is the exact error message? If its "Invalid IP Address" try getting the latest updates of the IP2C from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and import those in. You have to keep up on the updates or you get some newly allocated IPs that are still in the reserved range (I think). At least this happened to my twice recently, even with U.S. IP addies.

brianpuffer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:17 pm Reply with quote

thanks for the replies i spent some more time searching and searching and i came up witha previously posted answer....had to comment out a line in my nukescripts.php file.......and yeah it was invalid ip message.....i have also since updated my IP2C cause i figured for those the commented line dosnt fix updatiogn the IP2C probably will......i again thank you for your replies

sincerely
Brian Puffer

gregexp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:20 pm Reply with quote

Just an F.Y.I to comment those lines out(any lines) open you upto either attackers that ip2c would stop or to a form of attack that was commented out. Not sure which you did, but it would have been better to update the ip2c or remove it from you current ip2c.

brianpuffer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:39 pm Reply with quote

this was a fix from Raven so i dont think it should be a security ris, after all he is the site admin and owner, but anyways here is the fix what you think

// Invalid ip check
if($nsnst_const['remote_ip']=="none") { die(_AB_INVALIDIP); }

so that it looks like

// Invalid ip check
//if($nsnst_const['remote_ip']=="none") { die(_AB_INVALIDIP); }

and this is where the post can be found

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

gregexp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quote

Ok well perhaps this would be the better question.

Are yo hosting this locally or is this a hosted(not locally) site?

brianpuffer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:51 pm Reply with quote

its hosted at totalchoice

but might i add after doing the "fix" from raven and then updateing the IP2C the users who couldnt acces the site can now access it.......i suppose upgrading to 2.02.02 would be the best fix(as im running 2.02.00) but ive worked on the site too long and havnt had much gamin time that anything major i just dont want to do for a while.......and i think one of the fixes in the update is actually the commented line plus an added line......? saw it some where in a post maybe even the same one i refered too. so i dont think commenting out the line is doing much if any harm(i hope im right)

montego

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:45 pm Reply with quote

That post from Raven is not really intended to be a "solution", but a way to quickly get the person moving forward again. IMO, the right approach is to keep the ip2c database up-to-date as possible with updates from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Given that Raven is on the development team for NukeSentinel, wouldn't you think that if it wasn't useful or important, that it would have been removed long ago? Wink

gregexp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:06 am Reply with quote

That particular approach has been talked about many time in these forums and the work around is for when you are hosted on the same machine that you are viewing the site with. if you are not hosted on the same machine, this approach is not recommended, it leaves your site vulnerable to already known bad ips. It would be good to uncomment those codes and see if they are able to get onto the site.

Commenting that line tells sentinel to NOT check the ip verses allowed ips.
so now your wide open to a whole list of ips that have been known to create issues for the site.
Kinda wanted to let you know of the risks involved by doing that.

ArgonX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:20 pm Reply with quote

let me ask this:

I have users saying that they are banned from my site and they are not.. If they try from company to access a website it say they are banned..

Is there any issues with routers/switches in company or something else as a bug on nuke sentinel !?

gregexp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:59 pm Reply with quote

shy of cookies not being allowed, I cant think of anyother reason and not even sure if sentinel blocks you if you dont except cookies.

ArgonX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:00 pm Reply with quote

is there a catch to fix this

gregexp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:12 pm Reply with quote

A lot of company computers routers are set to block things in order to protect their system. Problem is that it cant be so specific as to allow things that are from sentinel and not from a hacker.

This maybe your problem and no REAL way of fixing this(that I know of).

ArgonX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:16 pm Reply with quote

i was thinking to see with those ppl and add their IP to protective ip in nuke sentinel. would that help them out ?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:18 pm Reply with quote

It would help if they could tell you the complete banned message that appears. I presume it is Nuke Sentinel giving them the 'you are banned' message?
There are a number of reasons for this which have been explained in other posts but to recap;
The company firewall may be blocking the users IP which Sentinel doesn't like for the simple reason that there is no need to 'hide' unless you don not want to be found.
The company firewall may be showing 'xxxx' as the IP which again Sentinel doesn't like because it is 'suspicious' activity.
The company may be using a proxy IP and if 'do not allow proxies' is turned on in Sentinel they will get the message.

ArgonX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:33 pm Reply with quote

so if do this it will not check IP

// Invalid ip check
if(isset($bypassNukeSentinelInvalidIPCheck) AND $bypassNukeSentinelInvalidIPCheck) {;}
elseif($nsnst_const['remote_ip']=="none") {
echo abget_template("abuse_invalid.tpl");
die();
}

to:

// Invalid ip check
// if(isset($bypassNukeSentinelInvalidIPCheck) AND $bypassNukeSentinelInvalidIPCheck) {;}
elseif($nsnst_const['remote_ip']=="none") {
echo abget_template("abuse_invalid.tpl");
die();
}

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:36 pm Reply with quote

Yes and no. If they are getting a message which says something like "You are accessing this site with an invalid IP address" on a mostly white page, then this edit will eliminate that. HOWEVER, a better option would be to keep you i2toCountry table up-to-date.

If it is an actual white on black NS ban page, it would be good for us to know which one it is, per Guardian's note.

ArgonX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:38 pm Reply with quote

tnx montego..

mrix
Client

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:24 am Reply with quote

I have the same problem and updated the i2toCountry and I have no joy
Cheers
mrix

montego

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:59 am Reply with quote

Quote:

and I have no joy

Sorry mrix, I don't understand this phrase.

gregexp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:10 am Reply with quote

I am assuming that means updating is not working, please verify who it is getting blocked and what they atre running, proxy blocker will stop a lot of people from looking at your website. Also let us know what ip2c update you used and what exactly they are getting blocked with.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x

View next topic
View previous topic