Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
rawksie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:06 pm Reply with quote

Okay, so. You know how when you are writing a post in the forums, as I am now, and you decide a certain word needs to be italicised?

What do you do?
You highlight the word, and click i.

What should happen?
|i| and |/i| (exchanging || for []) get put around the word you highlighted.

What is happening in my forum?
A |i| tag is lumped on to the very bottom of the post, and the cursor and focus zip to the top. No matter what I attempt, it keeps ruddy happening.

What do I want?
The site I need this most for is a roleplay site. As you can imagine, text formatting is important. I need this drop-in code to work. I want to know how to fix it. I've looked through so much code that I'm becoming sick of it (and that it a big deal for a code-whore, I can tell you!). I've asked in a few other forums for help, but none is forthcoming. Please, rescue me from this enigma!

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:00 pm Reply with quote

Have you tested this in all browsers? If it's only a problem in Firefox, try using the phpBB Firefox extension.

rawksie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:28 am Reply with quote

No, it's not just my Firefox, though that's all I use, as I don't want anything even remotely MS on my sweetly humming Ubuntu machine. It works fine in this forum, just not in my own forum. I'm using RavenNuke76 (great work, by the way.)

It doesn't work on the other site I produced using RN76 either, so I'm thinking there's something going wrong in the code... It doesn't work in IE either, according to my partner, who has XP on her laptop. *shudders*

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:43 am Reply with quote

please give us a url and open a forum to posting by anonmous please. That is the only way to test what is going on and help you.

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
rawksie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:21 pm Reply with quote

Here is the link:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

usr: Tester
pwd: testy

jaded

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:37 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

i found a forum that was open..

it ALL works fine for me. It has to be something with your browsers. Perhaps some others here will test.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:27 pm Reply with quote

Same here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:40 pm Reply with quote

It can't be my browser.

I say this because the drop-in works here, for this forum, but not there, for that one...

Here, you higlight a word and click a drop-in code, such as B and it puts the tags before and after the word you highlighted.
Code:
[b]this[/b] is what it looks like when I highlight the first word in this sentance and click B

There, I highlight a word and click a drop-in code, such as B and it puts the opening tag at the very end of the entire post, and then you have to click B again to get the closing tag, which also ends up stuck on the very end of the post.
Code:
this is what it looks like when I highlight the first word in this sentance and click B[b]

gregexp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:46 pm Reply with quote

are you sure your highlighting the specific code you want to do that to? I paid attention in class today Laughing and I wrote each line, then highlighted it as you stated that was your issue and it turned out just fine.

jaded

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:47 pm Reply with quote

well, it has to be your system because we have both tested it and it workes just fine. I had no trouble at all. highlighted it and it worked. You can see that I tested

color
italics
bold
and underline

gregexp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:51 pm Reply with quote

Also just for quick reference, are you sure that you didnt accidently click anywhere on the page other then the highlighted area or the button before you clicked the button? This will also cause the highlighted to become unhighlighted and then it will do just what your particular issue is.

gregexp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:53 pm Reply with quote

Jaded, since your here, I have not recieved an e-mail and would not want to use anyother name on your site then the one I currently use.

Could you contact me so that I can get on your site?

Thanx

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:53 pm Reply with quote

Works fine for me too but I only had a chance to test in FF.

rawksie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:03 pm Reply with quote

See, I just tried switching from a post here, and a post there, and yes I've made sure I'm clicking and highlighting what I need to, and they are still behaving differently.

I am using Firefox. And I am irritated..

EDIT: This is too fricking weird. How comes it works fine on this forum, but not on my one? It's half past midnight, so I'm going to bed...

Last edited by rawksie on Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total 
jaded

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:23 pm Reply with quote

I have sent you a pm here Dark.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:39 pm Reply with quote

rawksie wrote:
EDIT: This is too fricking weird. How comes it works fine on this forum, but not on my one? It's half past midnight, so I'm going to bed...

More to the point, why does it work for three of us on YOUR forum but not for you?

gregexp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:40 pm Reply with quote

Sorry bout all that, in firefox there is a setting, like ie called ssl in the advanced tabs of options. If you have that enabled, your site will give you NO problems, now if its not enabled(I disabled it under a hunch), it will give you the error your having. Now I'm not even remotley familiar with how or why this would conflict although I did notice an error with ssl the minute I went to your forums and I didnt get that error when I ame to ravens to also test it.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:46 pm Reply with quote

Thats interesting because SSL shouldnt make any difference 9 if you are meaning Secure Socket Layer).
Hmm, I'll have to look into that.

gregexp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:36 pm Reply with quote

Actually, my apologies but in my particular usage, it worked for a second then I returned to test it once again, but it did not work to highlight it and then click bold, sorry for that but as I was trying to test this once again. Ive reproduced the problem but cant seem to get it to be ok, the error logg is NOW stating a problem with the scrollbar command in your themes style.css being dropped, I'm currently updating o the latest version of firefox and trying to see how to disable this.

sorry guardian must have been a program issue.

rawksie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:43 am Reply with quote

*blinks slightly*

Err... I don't seem to have that option. Perhaps I should mention I am using Ubuntu Linux, with the most recent FF.

gregexp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:54 am Reply with quote

I personally believe this is a conflict in how its trying to change the scrollbars, a css function, and firefox's in ability to work with it. As those buttons are javascript and I dont think firefox works very well with it and any conflicts would probably make it nuts.

Jaded, this is a question for yo.
In the style sheet(s), can we make an if statement like
if browser==IE{
scrollbar..blah
}
else{
nothing defining scrollbars
}

This would be saiying if ie change scrollbars and if not ie then dont
Is this possible?

I believe this would be a fix if possible as I REALLY believe this is his error.

Its the only difference I can find between his site and Ravens is how it tries to change the scrollbars and Ravens does not.

Last edited by gregexp on Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total 
rawksie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:55 am Reply with quote

But then, why does it work here, but not there?

jaded

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:32 am Reply with quote

well, it wont work for him/her with IE either. I think it is your system. Something on your system and the way it is connecting with your site.

rawksie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:34 am Reply with quote

But why only on my site and not on this one?
(I like to know the why of everything, sorry if it's slightly annoying..)

What could be the difference? o.o

EDIT: I see. That's a good idea, darkmatter. And I'm a she, not that it really matters. Embarassed

Last edited by rawksie on Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total 
gregexp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:40 am Reply with quote

i edited my last post, Jaded if you have a minute please read it again, thanx

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic