Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's Collapsing Forums Block
__cruz__

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:43 pm Reply with quote

Hey

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Problem is the width of the Block, its too big or wide and has blown out the theme and all the blocks are unalligned. I have disabled the forums collapsing block untill i can code the thing to the right size, can you please show me HOW and Where to edit the code to change what needs to be changed. I dont care if it has only 4 top posters on it but it needs to fit, untill then i am using another Block
ps I like the block alot other than the size problem.

Thank you waiting for a reply

__cruz__

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:37 am Reply with quote

Anyone one this site ?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:05 am Reply with quote

Sometimes we have to sleep, or eat!
I assume you are using it as a center block right?
I hope so as that is how it was designed to be used.

Which theme are you using? I'll try and take a look if time allows.

__cruz__

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:11 am Reply with quote

Ty yea center Block correct

Theme Kilma by effectica [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:22 am Reply with quote

Looks like I either have to register and ten wade through them all to see the free themes and I don't really have time for all that sorry.

__cruz__

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:55 am Reply with quote

well its a paid theme...you could tell me what ya need and ill send ya it? help will be appreciated..Id really like to keep this block up !

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:01 am Reply with quote

Well if it is anything like the theme thay are using on the their site with collpsable blocks, I suspect that there is a conflict with the java code somewhere.

__cruz__

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:26 am Reply with quote

sigh ok so can you please try and help by looking at it or is it too much trouble?
Tell me what file you need and ill get you it. thanx

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:04 am Reply with quote

Perhaps I have not had enough sleep but first you ask for help, than a little later ask if anyone is on the site because you did not get an answer immediately.
I said it was possibly a java script problem, so you < sigh> and ask me if it is too much trouble?
I mean you no disrespect but did you even look at your theme to see if it is using collapsible blocks?

Sorry, you'll have to let someone else help you with this.

__cruz__

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:35 am Reply with quote

yes you must need sleep !

1st yes i did post is any one here i didnt spam tho and this was 4 hours after my first post.

2nd yes you did say it could be a java problem thanx for a hint and yes i did look at the script

3rd get some sleep this isnt a nice way to answer my final question so are you willing to take a look at the script for me " is it to much trouble" damm for get yet man i will wait for raven to answer hopefully.

Last of all i mean you no disrespect eigther and i understand the amount of work involved u have,but no need to be so snarky a simple no would surfice rather than complain about this like all these post later wtf

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:42 am Reply with quote

I took your attitude the same as Guardian did. I will suggest that you take a look, while it is activated and see if one of your titles and or descriptions of a forum that YOU made is too long. That can happen as the block will stretch to fit it all. Use the drop downs and look. If you have one too long, which I believe that you do, go to yor forum admin and edit it to something smaller.

Also, sometimes investigating these things on your own, checking the dropdowns, will save you time. If that is the case which I suspect it is you could have had this fixed yourself at 1 am. People here do sleep and posting in the middle of the night sometimes you must wait.

also there is no need for cursing here. Thank you Smile

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
__cruz__

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:57 am Reply with quote

Thanx for the useful hints jaded, i will look into that idea , no attitude here or intended just from different places in the world i guess , different time zonzes too. pe@ce

__cruz__

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:40 am Reply with quote

yeah it wasnt that but thank you any other ideas please i will try more if you have more thank you!

jaded

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:35 am Reply with quote

posting a url so that we can see it in action.. without having to register would help.

__cruz__

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:58 am Reply with quote

Its not on the site no more because of the problems it causes, bad lagg and dissalignment to the whole page.
What happens is its width is too large and blows out the center blocks width therefore pushing the right blocks out of line. The collapsing forum is ok that works good its the width. Any ideas areciated thanx

jaded

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:04 am Reply with quote

as I said before. put it up and let us see it. without that ... no one is really going to be able to assist you.

__cruz__

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:36 am Reply with quote

ok ill put it up now please take a look in 5 minutes... site is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:11 am Reply with quote

Weird, it looked fine to me in both IE6, IE7, FF and Avante browers.
Out of curiosity, if you change the theme in your account profile do you still have the same problem?

__cruz__

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:17 am Reply with quote

it didnt look too wide and u didnt see the other blocks and theme out of line? Its most noticable at the header and footer

And I will check that theme idea thanx

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:28 am Reply with quote

The left and right blocks all lined up perfect from what I could see with your default theme. I could only check the main page as forums requires registration.

jaded

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:28 am Reply with quote

it looks fine. the issue is your theme. At any rate, open up the block file in your blocks folder. At the top you will see some parts to configure. try setting the width to something like 90% and see if that works for you. This is becuase of the way that the theme is made. They made the theme completely connected without making the theme a 100% width theme. This is causing the header and footer not to stretch with the center story blocks which they did make 100% width compatible. They should fix that.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:34 am Reply with quote

Thanks jaded, nice to have a theme expert around!

jaded

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:38 am Reply with quote

no problem. If you look at his page you can see that the header and footer do not expand. I am sure that they did this so that they could center everything in the header and footer design. Nice in theory however, it makes it impossible for the theme to move with something that does flow. The stories are made to expand which is what is allowing the center block to move them out pushing the right blocks out. It would not be hard for them to fix. They could for instance set the stories to be fixed width. I think that if he opens the block file up though he can alter the width and be done with it.

__cruz__

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:39 am Reply with quote

yes thanx both of you. The other pages are fine its just the home page. nice site jaded pe@ce

jaded

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:49 am Reply with quote

i assume that this is fixed for you now?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's Collapsing Forums Block

View next topic
View previous topic