Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
mrbilly
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:46 am Reply with quote

my installtion of Raven's RavenNuke76 v2.02.02 Distro will not allow me to ftp the following files that are included in the IMPORT directory/folder...

Congo,_Democratic_Republic_Of_The.data

Congo,_Peoples_Republic_Of_The.data

korea,_South.data

Samoa,_American.data

Virgin_Islands,_American.data

Virgin_Islands,_British.data

this problems is clrealy the fact that my sever does not allow file names that include the , character (comma), or other special characters.

I assume I can simply rename these files by deleting the offending character, but i guess i would then have to make further changes to other files that relate to these.

what should i do, (other than the obvious...find another d*** hosting company....lol)?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:56 am Reply with quote

There must have been some file corruption when it was unpacked, those are not valid names - the comma should not be there (and isnt in my copies).

mrbilly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:07 pm Reply with quote

hey Guardian2003....to see if you are spot on with your reply and observation i have just tried downloading the RavenNuke76 v2.02.02 Distro again and unzipped all the files.

This new download simply revealed the same problem, so maybe someone else would reply to this thread, possibly confirm the issue i have raised, but more importantly help resolve this and advise what i should do.

thanks guys.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:13 pm Reply with quote

Mrbilly, you right. Sorry to say, not sure how to resolve this but Guardian definitley knows his stuff and would not make any claim (intentionally) misleading.
From my stand point, the server your on seems to be limiting something that it fankly has no reason to (In my opinion). I'd honestly say, if it was me, I'd simply move host to a more functional server as god only knows what else there is you can't do.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:17 pm Reply with quote

I assume you are refering to the zip files inside INSTALLATION/sql directory?
Have you tried a different file compression/decompression program like winrar?
Something is defintely wrong with yours or its settings - sorry!!

gregexp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:18 pm Reply with quote

No they are refering to the import folder for nukesentinel.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:39 pm Reply with quote

ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:43 pm Reply with quote

You are correct!
Sorry, for some reason I was having a brain fart and thought you meant the installation file - though looking back at this thread, I do not know how I came across that conclusion.

OK, lets take this from the top.
Try removing the comma, uploading and then rename it on the server, see what that does.

mrbilly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:58 pm Reply with quote

Wow!...I was about to call my shrink guy's!....I thought I was going crazy here.... Shocked

Thanks for your last idea Guardian2003, however renaming with special characters is also something I am unable to do.

I CAN, of course, just eliminate the special character (the comma) from the existing name. But then would i need to make changes elsewhere, to other files that use those ones I would be renaming?

Also, what are the problems I would face if i just exclude those few files from the installation?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:31 pm Reply with quote

no problems it just wouldnt report the correct country for those IP's or allow you to ban them by importing it to blocked ranges.

However, I do need to go back over a couple of things to determine whether thay are actually getting imported - the file names should in theory throw an error unless the importing script is specifically able to handle those BUT, now here's the kicker.........

drum roll please..............

Why don't you grab the latest 'import' files from the latest version of Sentinel from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (i think that url is correct) and have a look at those.

mrbilly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:40 pm Reply with quote

i do not fully understand that last post Guardian2003.

definately, the files are not uploaded on my server....it will not alow them to be ftp'ed there because it will not accept file names with commas.

as for me checking the latest files from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] , i thought the correct ones and the ones i would require would have been these ones i have and that were included in the RavenNuke76 v2.02.02 Distro i have installed?

gregexp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:47 pm Reply with quote

After I tested it on my server(removing the comma) it works.

I noticed a reference inside the data file to the country, it shows the correct country as well as imports the data correctly.

I did this under the assumption that the file name was left to a variable, the variable being equal to what you selected but thats as far as i assumed it would be used. Luckily, as I did not check the coding to verify, It seems to have done the trick.

mrbilly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:50 pm Reply with quote

darklord wrote:
After I tested it on my server(removing the comma) it works.

I noticed a reference inside the data file to the country, it shows the correct country as well as imports the data correctly.

I did this under the assumption that the file name was left to a variable, the variable being equal to what you selected but thats as far as i assumed it would be used. Luckily, as I did not check the coding to verify, It seems to have done the trick.

your last post was completely foreign to me darklord. i have no clue about any of this now...you lost me.

are you suggesting i just delete the comma from the names of the files that wont upload and then upload them and they should still work as intended?

gregexp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:13 pm Reply with quote

yes, my apolgies for the confusion, yea delete the comma and reupload those files. and then you should be able to import those into your tables.

mrbilly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quote

thank you so much.....so helpful. worship

gregexp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:19 pm Reply with quote

sorry for the confusion glad i could help, now please try to import all the tables into your ip2country as these files are for that purpose.

mrbilly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:52 pm Reply with quote

yes!.......i deleted all circumstances of the comma in the 6 files i originally highlighted in this thread and they have now been up;loaded successfully to the import folder/directory.

gregexp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:34 pm Reply with quote

Of course they upload, but will they import to the database?

Please try to import the ips to the database and it should say: everything seems to have completed correctly!

If not then what I told you will only allow you to upload. As each enviroment is different, I'd like to see it FULLY functional before we declare this as a fix for your problem. Thanx

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:34 pm Reply with quote

mrbilly, has this fixed your issue and you were able to successfully import the data?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:39 pm Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't get a chance to follow up on this, was having a little holiday.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic