Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
backlacsh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:35 am Reply with quote

Is there any reason adding the Auto Registration Activation For Nuke v7.0 would cause clicking register to result in a mostly empty page with the words "access denied" to display?

I've installed no modules, just the raven nuke package and many, many, many bug fixes.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:37 am Reply with quote

If you have made many, many bug fixes the Raven Nuke, please share them. You may have found something we have missed.

backlacsh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:01 pm Reply with quote

I doubt I can add to your reservoir of knowledge because I’ve found the fixes for most problems here in these forums. My many, many, many bugs comment comes from frustration, as I have never in my life had so much trouble with one piece of software, despite having been a computer technician for many years. I’ve had invalid ip’s for no reason, usernames with spaces being accepted and emailed to the user as valid, then not working, passwords shorter than the allowed being accepted and emailed to the user, but not working, email returned for unknown reason, blocks for flooding when there was no flooding. It also took over 20 attempts to install the software before it worked. There were many more problems, but that’s just off the top of my head. It’s really straining my nerves and I’m wondering if it’s supposed to be this much of a pain. I fear what will happen when I actually open it to the public.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:39 pm Reply with quote

backlacsh, don't know what to tell you. There are hundreds upon hundreds of others who have not had these issues...

Every web host is different and every environment is different and every individual installer is different. We have tried to everything we can to make it as easy and painless as possible, but there are just too many variables outside our control.

backlacsh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:39 pm Reply with quote

I opologize if I sounded rude in my previous post. As I stated, it's just a bit of frustration steming from the fact that I'm not used to working alone.

Quite right about the variables. If I were to make a guess, I'd say there's something wrong with MySQL server because that's where all the failed install issues came from. If I were to pm you or someone else a link to a utility that would describe my server's environment in detail, would that be of any use? It's a security risk to publish it, I've been told.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:13 am Reply with quote

Not a problem, feel free to PM them to me.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:44 am Reply with quote

OK, got your PM.
Your server is not a *nix server, it is using Windows NT so that isn't going to help us.
I feel that most of the issues are down to the version and settings of the mySQL server.
Your box is using 3.26 .

backlacsh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:24 pm Reply with quote

Yes it's a windows machine. Actually windows 2003, same as NT just the new chapter... Please don't hold that one against me. It's a result of the fact that I've been in front of windows machines my whole life, and haven't had the time to learn linux.

So do you think a MySQL upgrade is in order?

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:54 pm Reply with quote

Sounds like it might be a good idea. Remember that since you can come here, you aren't working alone. There is a whole world of people willing to help if you ask the right questions.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:15 pm Reply with quote

Thus the reason for RavensScripts

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:59 pm Reply with quote

I really appreciate the help and the sentiment. I'll let you know if I'm still facing "access denied" after the upgrade. My smtp provider is apparently banned from half the planet, so the email has to go. In the mean time, what do you guys think of the work-around suggested in [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
They'd have to click the link, but what would that hurt?

Thanks again.

backlacsh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:27 am Reply with quote

Incredibly, the upgrade from MySQL 3.26 to 5.0 couldn’t have gone smoother. Ravennuke’s database didn’t need converting or anything. Also gave me a chance to clean out the old accounts. Yeah!

Back to the hack, I’m still getting a blank screen with the words “Access Denied” when clicking on login or register. I’m trying to figure out which service or software is sending that message. Checked the php file for those words, but nada. I’ve checked the logs for MySQL and php and didn’t find any error entries. Thought about Nukesentinel, but I honestly can’t find it’s log…

Any ideas…thoughts.. questions.. guesses???

backlacsh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:18 am Reply with quote

This is an example of what I meant when I said many, many, many bugs. This is from the twelth person who attempted to join my forums.
Quote:

Hey John,

When I go to your site, and log in, I see "Actual User Status: Offline", and at the forums, i see: