Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro
revspalding

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:28 am Reply with quote

Thank you for adding such a full featured and configurable editor to Nuke. I have experimented with everything that has come along and I think you have chosen the editor that I will eventually incorporate into all of the sites I've helped other people with. But here is the only suggestion that I would like to make regarding making this editor EXACTLY what I want.

I want to make a community website which allows multiple admins to write and publish their own articles without me having to approve them. Since some of these people may be fairly inexperienced in coding, and working for different agencies, I would like to use a WYSIWYG editor that allows them to upload their own images for their articles, but keeps their image libraries separate.

So what I envision is, an addition to the 'make a new admin' script which when I create an admin, will also create the upload directory for images within the WYSIWYG configuration using their username as a portion of the path. Then I would like to change the WYSIWYG scripts so that when an admin writes an article, the editor will look only into their image subdirectory, and only allow them to upload images into their own subdirectory.

I don't think it would actually be that difficult for an experienced php coder, but it is beyond me. If you guys could incorporate this as an addon, it would be terrific for my applications and I think would fit many people's needs too.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:16 am Reply with quote

Glad to know it's appreciated! We are testing the latest 2.3 release of FCKeditor, and it looks good except for some problems with uploading images.

As for your not having to approve the articles, you should look at NSN News 2.0 - it has that very function, but it doe that without having them be Nuke administrators. We'll need to incorporate nukeWYSIWYG into NSN News to provide the WYSIWYG capabilities, but that isn't very difficult. The key, however, is that you will need to trust that these admins to give them upload capabilities - especially for images. Keeping the images separate is another story. That isn't something FCKeditor does out of the box, and I'd prefer not to modify it for that purpose (although, there is no reason you couldn't do just that). Of course, you could also create subdirectories under the images directory for each admin. But that wouldn't prevent them from updating another admin's directory. Also, if they are Nuke administrators, even only for the News module, they should be able to publish their own articles.

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:22 am Reply with quote

i could be wrong but creating a folder for ever admin with rights would use (correct me if im wrong) mkdir() , and thats a big no no with servers with safe mode ON,and most hosters have it on...

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:34 am Reply with quote

I agree, hitwalker, but I don't want to modify the FCKeditor code because it's easier to keep current with changes and upgrades. There may also be a better alternative that already dones something like this.

Also, I should say that the real credit for nukeWYSIWYG goes to Frederico Caldeira Knabben (note the initials) and H. Theisen (for the original Nuke FCKeditor implementation).

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:39 am Reply with quote

indeed but i only replied to
Quote:
when I create an admin, will also create the upload directory for images
by revspalding
the editor is something thats constantly being updated....so i guess it will have more options every time...

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:44 am Reply with quote

Exactly! It might be something to suggest at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] which is a true open source effort in the sense that the author really values feedback (and donations!). Many of the improvements that were added in the latest version (2.3) were suggested or contributed by others...

aseitz
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:25 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
We'll need to incorporate nukeWYSIWYG into NSN News to provide the WYSIWYG capabilities, but that isn't very difficult.

Enabling FSCK inside of NSN News is my current bane... Do you have any instructions anywhere on how to do this?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro

View next topic
View previous topic