Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
ravenlife
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:21 pm Reply with quote

alright guys,

well as you have been masses of help so far i come to you with another question
*BTW didnt know where to put this post so...*

anyway, i know what im doing is possible im just not sure how, heres what im trying to do.

i am creating multiple websites (i.e, music, books, tv ect..) i want these sites to be seperate, all on sub domains, all news items and downloads will be seperate, but i want to share the users and the forums.

the forums i have pretty much sorted so that isnt a problem
but as for the users im a bit stumped

i believe its as simple as changing a prefix but im not 100% on this

could anyone give me the required steps for achieving this.

i want it so no matter which site you sign up on - you will be able to get on any of the other sites

thanks again

RavenLife

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:50 pm Reply with quote

this is discussed many times on the forums...
uncertain is if anyone realy has this all running smoothly,but i suggest you do a search on this....

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:54 pm Reply with quote

i posted a topic on this about a year ago. i would search my name in the search function and look for it. Thats the best that I can do right now. Good Luck!

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
djmaze
Subject Matter Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:23 pm Reply with quote

Yes can be done but it's very tricky AND switching between domains will loose all your forum details (especialy last_login)

blind

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:16 am Reply with quote

Hmm i just searched your name "jaded" didnt really come up with anything releated to this unless i missed it!

But i have been told before its somthing to do with changing the $prefix in the config.php file to another name besides 'nuke';

Is this correct ? Or is there steps missing!

Mind you when i change the prefix i start to recive an error along the line of :

Warning: main(/home/raven/public_html/wii/language/bbcode/lang-.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/raven/public_html/wii/includes/nbbcode.php on line 15

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/raven/public_html/wii/language/bbcode/lang-.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php' in /home/raven/public_html/wii/includes/nbbcode.php on line 15

I've tryed reuploading the file & even .zip then unzip from file manager.

N e Idea's ?

ravenlife

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:08 am Reply with quote

alright blind -

the forums really arnt a problem as im disabling the forums on all sites apart from one - and linking all the sites via a link to the one remaining enabled forum.

as i said its not the forum i have a problem with - its just getting the sites to use a certain databses users instead of its own.

ill search when i get in later - thanks for all the help so far guys.

still the best place on the net!
well apart from ours Wink

jaded

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:23 am Reply with quote

well i just searched my id and got the post right away.

it was called

two sites....,. one user table
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Wink

blind

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:17 am Reply with quote

Thats very strange, I just typed your name in again under RavenPHPScripts (This Site) and still didnt recive nothing even remotely similar :S *Very Odd*

But i would like to thank you for giving us the extra hand and helping find the correct link to your older post Smile

I have read the link, But i think i mentioned it above, When i do that i start to recive an error (See Above) know any idea's on how i can overcome this error ?

ravenlife

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:37 am Reply with quote

thanks guys - i believe ive sorted it now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic