Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's
blith
Client

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:18 am Reply with quote

They are working for my admin. but when I click on them as a user I created it is saying this module is not active. Which one runs that? Thank you.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:49 am Reply with quote

Nuke Admin Panel ==> Modules

blith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:04 pm Reply with quote

Come on Raven I am not a complete moron Wink .... which module?

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:08 pm Reply with quote

News

blith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:09 pm Reply with quote

okay why the minimalist verbosity? Are you busy? Love ya big guy!!

blith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:12 pm Reply with quote

Raven, my News module is active... it is just the comments part that are not working. I set them in the preferences as allowed. Maybe I am missing something. Thanks.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:17 pm Reply with quote

blith wrote:
minimalist verbosity
Boy, that's an oxymoron if I ever saw one Laughing I'm at work and very busy. Regardless, were they ever working? If so, what has happened inbetween?

blith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:27 pm Reply with quote

Minimalist verbosity... a person who speaks volumes with few words?

I actually do not know if the comments were working before.. I had always had them disabled in preferences but I decided I would like to give people a chance to comment. So I went into preferences and choose yes. I logged out of my normal account, logged in as dummy account with no privledges, however, I was still logged into the Admin panel under the superuser account, I then posted a comment as the user with no privledges. The comment showed up as being posted by that dummy user account. There were extra options that I hoped wouldn't be there as a normal user so I logged off my superuser account and went to post as the normal user it read "Sorry this module isn't active" When I logged back in as my super user it was active again...

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:30 pm Reply with quote

That sounds like a cookies problem, maybe. Try clearing the cache and deleting the cookies.

blith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:40 pm Reply with quote

Okay, I am back. Cleared all cookies and tem internet files. I logged in as normal user. Module isn't active. Logged in with dummy account Module isn't active. Logged out all together and then only logged in as admin. Clicked on comments? and I get the comment page. At the bottom it says Comments not allowed by anonymous please log in. So I can look at it as an administrator with no user logged in and that is the only way.

blith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:43 pm Reply with quote

Just noticed something. News module says inactive(In Home) activate and other options are greyed out...

blith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:46 pm Reply with quote

Okay I actually had to put something else in the home to be able to activate news and then put it back in home. Interesting. Any thoughts Raven or is that SOP

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:49 pm Reply with quote

So, News was in home and inactive? Laughing Just another reason why being backwards compatible would not be a good thing Laughing

blith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:53 pm Reply with quote

Yeah isn't that funny. It was set to all visitors so I thought it was okay. I have never touched the News module before because it comes default in home. So I thought everything was hunky dory. As Napoleon was once heard to say "Please dress me slowly for I am in a hurry." So should you be on your new system. Thanks Raven, although I figured it out it is always nice to be able to talk through stuff with someone, they so often open up new ways of looking at things.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's

View next topic
View previous topic