Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
s60addict
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:35 am Reply with quote

Hey guys,

how r u all doin ???

ive got some probs !!

Please try to help me out !!!

thnx...

Code:
This Problem Has Been Solved In This Topic.

The Hide Links For Unregistered Users works well except for 1 thing. The "Get Registered" URL takes the user to Forum Registeration Instead of Nuke Registeration !

i tried modifying it but the url in the script is different from the normal urls !!

Please try to edit it for me from phpbb registeration url to the Nuke Registeration url i.e account-new_user.html

the url in the script is

$replacer .= sprintf($lang['Get_Registered'], "<a href=\"" . append_sid('profile.' . $phpEx . '?mode=register') . "\">", "</a>");

Code:
I downloaded "Welcome PM" script from the downloads section which Automatically Sends A Private Message to every new registered user. (Like this very site has)...

It worked well for the 1st time.

Lol, then after that, it didnt work !

It shows "1 Read" message to newly registered user.... when u click on it, it shows "Inbox is Empty"

Please also help me on this !!!

Code:
I host phpnuke on 1 server and files for the downloads section on another server.

Till now, i had been uploading the files manually on the file server through ftp and adding a link to it in the Downloads section through "Submit A Download - Add a Link"

Then i came across a script which has extended the "Submit A Download"  of the Downloads Module to "Add A Link" and "Upload A File" both. This is NOT extended downloads module or nsn.... U just have to replace some  existing files with the included files!

It even has a d_config.php file in which u can give the ur configs... it even has a field for ftp location on where to upload files...

I tried it but it doesnt seem to work !

Please suggest me on what to do to make it working so that when a user clicks on "Submit A Download" and then "Upload File From PC", the file is uploaded to my file-server and is added to Downloads section !!!

You can download the script here: http://www.uploading.com/?get=E4B579V1

Code:
Here on ravenphpscripts, I tried adding 2 images to my signature... it said u cud add only 1 image..... then i added 1 image, it said u can add images only 88 X 88 pixels !!

I would like to know how to do that as it is must to put restrictions in signatures !

Thnx alot in advance !

I hope you will help me to ur best !! thnx again ! Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by s60addict on Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total 
fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:09 am Reply with quote

Hello S60. First things first. Please read the readme first post at the top of the Forums and try to comply. Everyone who helps here is a volunteer and has other duties and interests. We really would like to help with your issues but you need to break them down and post them in the appropriate areas. There are some people who are expert with Forums, some with server issues, some with themes, some with coding etc. By having your "problems" registered in the correct areas you increase your chances of getting help. It's a two way street.

One thing you'll see in the readme first is "one issue per thread". That's there for a good reason as you'll see after a few weeks.

s60addict

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:10 am Reply with quote

ok, ill try to do it from next time !!!

but plz help me this time !!!

thnx alot !

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:41 am Reply with quote

1. Is very simple to change:

Open modules/forums/languages/lang-english/lang main:

That´s from my lang-german but it works similar with the English words.

$lang['Get_Registered'] = '<a href="http://www.mysite.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=new_user">Registrieren</a> oder ';
$lang['Enter_Forum'] = '%sEinloggen%s';

Btw: If you like to get your questions answered you need really a better title. Don´t use please and help in your title that means nothing.

s60addict

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:55 am Reply with quote

Susann wrote:
1. Is very simple to change:

Open modules/forums/languages/lang-english/lang main:

That´s from my lang-german but it works similar with the English words.

$lang['Get_Registered'] = '<a href="http://www.mysite.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=new_user">Registrieren</a> oder ';
$lang['Enter_Forum'] = '%sEinloggen%s';

Btw: If you like to get your questions answered you need really a better title. Don´t use please and help in your title that means nothing.

kooool !!! thnx alot !!!

it works !!! i really appreciate it !!

THIS SOLVES MY 1st QUERY !

RavensScripts

Lookin forward for replies to my other questions ! Very Happy

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:00 am Reply with quote

Fine, this link is for you.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:26 am Reply with quote

mmm,ill bet you didnt searched on the forums s60addict..

djmaze
Subject Matter Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:59 am Reply with quote

topic title wrote:
Please Help Every1 !

No thanks, i don't want to help everyone. I hate people that don't read before they start to post useless topics.
Or wasn't this topic about a urge that everyone should help everyone?

s60addict

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:53 pm Reply with quote

dude, ive searched alot but cudnt find the solutions to my problems !!!!!

plz help me out !

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:24 pm Reply with quote

Your fourth question sounds like your talking about Avatars not signatures. The size is controlled in General Admin under Configuration.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:57 pm Reply with quote

ok ill say this..i think u might have gotten the point...first problem..addressed

second problem..i cant address as i have no experience in this matter

third problem: ur script might not be coded properly...turn errors on in ur config.php and link some1...anyone..Laughing to the download script u installed as there are hundreds out there.

forth problem: if r talkin bout avatars...jake answered and if ur talkin bout the sig restriction raven has on this site...got no clue..i believe its ravens hack....now plz from now on address each problem on a single thread bases or just simply pay someone to come onto ur site and work to fix all the things ud like. RavensScripts

Theme Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:44 pm Reply with quote

AMEN Dark :clap:

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
s60addict

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:45 pm Reply with quote

ok, thnk you !

can u plz tell me how to know the abosulute ftp path ????

when i log into my file host server, i only see "/" whereas if i log into the nuke server, it displays, "public_html/"????

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:42 am Reply with quote

.... so what happened to one question, one thread?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic