Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
mrbilly
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:22 pm Reply with quote

hi again experts.

I have just noticed that the look of the user info block included in my installation of Raven's RavenNuke76 v2.02.02 changes slightly when I am viewing the forums module.

if u r browsing the website as a guest and not signed in as a registered user, when you view most modules there are horizontal lines present in the user info block (one under where it says 'Welcome Guest ' and one below the [Register] link and log in button).

When you view the forums section/module, these horizontal lines dissapear.

A similar thing happens when you are also logged in as a user and the horizontal lines present in the user info block dissapear when you view the forums section/module.

Does anyone know why this happens and how i can prevent this change in look occuring?

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:53 pm Reply with quote

im thinkin this is in the .css files within ur theme causing this and not the block itself.

when ur lookin at home
its style.css
but when ur lookin at the forums...its forums.css

all cascading scripts change the look of the site depending on which u use.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:41 pm Reply with quote

Darklord is definitely right! I've experienced this alot with many different themes and is a result of the integration of the Forums and nuke. Once in phpBB (Forums, Private Messages, and Members List), the style statements are mostly controlled via the phpBB styles.

To be honest, I gave up trying to fix this about 6 months back as I had more pressing things to do... Sad

mrbilly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:39 am Reply with quote

AHa......I see how right you both are now...because i also see a few other small changes to the look of my website that are only present when I am viewing the Forums, Private Messages, and Members List pages.

Firstly, when viewed using IE, the color of the website scroll bar changes and is different to when I veiw all other modules.

Also, I am using the Quick Links block and I see that the color of the field in this changes too, but only when I view the Forums, Private Messages, and Members List pages.

I was not aware of this switch of .css file usage in nuke, however now I am, is it simply a matter of making a modification to this (second) phpBB styles file in order to make everything appear the same, even when while viewing the Forums, Private Messages, and Members List pages?

If so, please can you advise me where the file is located?

Thanks guys. Wink

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:23 am Reply with quote

Quote:

To be honest, I gave up trying to fix this about 6 months back as I had more pressing things to do...

The problem is that it is buried all over nuke and I could not take the time to get it to work. There are some buried under modules/Forums/templates and others under your Theme. Unfortunately, I cannot remember now the exact files that I had "touched". I believe that there may also be some variables too that hold colors or other directives that also affect the styling.

Good luck!

gregexp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:06 pm Reply with quote

theme.php has some color definitions...if its a .css problem...easiest fix would be to compare the 2 .css files in ur theme as the forum.css in ur theme overrides the forum.css in the forum template.

u want to compare the style.css to ur forums.css
all things defined in the forum.css and not the style.css(there will be a few things) must remain

but things that are defined in both...thats where ull find the problem...
basically..if text is defined in the style.css and in the forum.css then u want to make the definitions identical for ONLY the text or whatever else u may find in both...in forum.css ull find the same things defined as in style.css but forums will define more...so u want to leave the extras in forum.css but u want the definitions that they both have to be identical and it wont change the look of ur site.

i hope this makes sense as i cannot post an example...contains tags for scr ipts.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic