Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
justcdr
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:10 pm Reply with quote

is this possible, do i need a special version of sentinel ?

justcdr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:23 pm Reply with quote

also can i use contents of 7.8 into a fresh install of 7.6 with sentinel built in ?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:36 pm Reply with quote

Yes you can use Sentinel with 7.8 but you will need to install Chatservs security patches first.

You can use the data from yout 7.8 in a 7.6 site but you will need to use a downgrade script to alter the DB tables - this has been discussed extensively in these forums if you use the forum search feature.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:38 pm Reply with quote

If this is a new site, you will find it a lot easier to start again using the Reven Nuke distribution available in the downloads here.

justcdr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:02 am Reply with quote

were do i get the Chatservs security patches ?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:49 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] or nukeresources.com

justcdr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:32 am Reply with quote

i downloaded 7.8patch 3.2

do i just copy and replace using these files ?

how do i know wot version of 7.8 im using atm ?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:37 am Reply with quote

The patch version should be commented in the files but as I have nver installed 7.8 and never will due to the security problems and bugs I cannot give you a specific file to look in.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:22 am Reply with quote

Does Fantastico now have the ability to customize the scripts, or is that still determined by the developers of Fantastico?

justcdr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:26 am Reply with quote

there is no option to customize the scripts using the cpanel of the webserver/fantastico

u can however just edit the files etc as normal using [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:35 am Reply with quote

Thanks. There was some discussion a while back about adding that capability to Fantastico. We can keep hoping...

justcdr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:28 pm Reply with quote

got 7.8 updated to 3.2 patches, installing sentinel now, got it all uploaded and edited to suit, but get the error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/king/public_html/staukclan.co.uk/mainfile.php on line 454

the only lines around that area are:

#-----[ CHANGE TO ]------------------------------------------
#
if(!file_exists('includes/nukesentinel.php')) {
if(isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']) && (!stripos_clone($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'], "ad_click") || !stripos_clone($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'], "url"))) {
$queryString = $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];
if (stripos_clone($queryString,'%20union%20') OR stripos_clone($queryString,'/*') OR stripos_clone($queryString,'*/union/*') OR stripos_clone($queryString,'c2nyaxb0') OR stripos_clone($queryString,'+union+') OR stripos_clone($queryString,'http://') OR (stripos_clone($queryString,'cmd=') AND !stripos_clone($queryString,'&cmd')) OR (stripos_clone($queryString,'exec') AND !stripos_clone($queryString,'execu')) OR stripos_clone($queryString,'concat')) {
die('Illegal Operation');
}
}
}

in function function online() {
#

What I have on mine (I've changed it, ived added a few lines above and below to show)

}
}
}
#
if(!file_exists('includes/nukesentinel.php')) {
if(isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']) && (!stripos_clone($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'], "ad_click") || !stripos_clone($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'], "url"))) {
$queryString = $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];
if (stripos_clone($queryString,'%20union%20') OR stripos_clone($queryString,'/*') OR stripos_clone($queryString,'*/union/*') OR stripos_clone($queryString,'c2nyaxb0') OR stripos_clone($queryString,'+union+') OR stripos_clone($queryString,'http://') OR (stripos_clone($queryString,'cmd=') AND !stripos_clone($queryString,'&cmd')) OR (stripos_clone($queryString,'exec') AND !stripos_clone($queryString,'execu')) OR stripos_clone($queryString,'concat')) {
}
}
}

in function function online() {
#
function update_points($id) {
global $user_prefix, $prefix, $db, $user;
if (is_user($user)) {
if(!is_array($user)) {
$cookie = cookiedecode($user);
$username = trim($cookie[1]);
} else {
$username = trim($user[1]);
}

any ideas ?
Also if i put my orginal mainfile.php back on the ftp i get the message

NukeSentinel(tm): Error Loading Functions

It appears that NukeSentinel(tm) has not been configured correctly. The most common cause is that you either have an error in the syntax that is including includes/nukesentinel.php from your mainfile.php, or you have not added the NukeSentinel(tm) code to your mainfile.php. Details for including this code are included in the download package in the Edits_For_Core_Files directory.

Seems to be just that file is holding me back.

Or better still can some1 email me working edited files for phpnuke 7.8.3.2 [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:49 pm Reply with quote

Zip your ORIGINAL working mainfile.php and post a link to it here.

Is your site installed in a sub-directory?
Never seen a server path like that before, normally it is /home/your user_name_here/public_html/mainfile.php

justcdr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:44 am Reply with quote

ORIGINAL working mainfile.php > [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

my site is an addon domain name, it has its own dir.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:29 pm Reply with quote

it honestly looks like u uploaded the instructions

in the mainfile.php of ur patch version ...im thinkin there will be a "find:"

and then a "replace with:"

these are instructions...but if ud like goto nukescripts.com and get the prepatched version and upload the appropriate files.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:39 pm Reply with quote

ive followed it word by word, its not instuctions, it looks completly different to that file.

cant find that prepatched version on nukescripts.com

also have another problem every news posts that has an external url, links back to the website domain name ??

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:23 pm Reply with quote

Make sure your news posts links are fully qualified i.e. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and not [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

justcdr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:23 pm Reply with quote

i have tried with and without [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] links back to the site
my website [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (see first post see wot i mean with the download links)

on another nuke website, its seems to be a problem with other users too, its a bug in the patch ! no1 knows how 2 fix it yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic