Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
arahad
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:31 pm Reply with quote

ok this is the issue.

I simply moved some blocks on the right side of my site up and down. all the blocks were working fine but after i moved them around the entire right side of my site no longer works. i can move the blocks over to the left side and they begin to work again.

So far i have taken files from a backup i did and replaced the following.

theme, index.php, all module files that were working on the right but dont now including admin files etc, modules.php, mainfile.php, (deleted all private data ie cookies etc)

even after this nothing works on the right side of the site but perfectly fine on the left and im lost as to whats causing it or how to fix it. ive looked but cant seem to find any solutions for this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

guidyy
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:10 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

arahad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:04 am Reply with quote

not the same issue but thanks. You can see the blocks fine, but they dont work on the right side. I moved some around one night to place them in the order i wanted them on the right, i didnt change any settings and now they wont work on the right.

example is if i take my video block from the left to the right it no longer scrolls but i can see the block, same for my shoutbox it wont scroll. all the other blocks no longer work on the right but i can see the blocks themselves fine, ive no explanation for it.

guidyy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:39 am Reply with quote

did you try with a different theme?
my IE says error displaying page, so my guess it is theme related.

arahad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:34 am Reply with quote

I just tried it. I switched it to the default, to sunset, and to slashocean which all came with it and the right side blocks still don't work. They are visible. They used to work, now none of them function properly.

Not sure why the page won't load for you. I tried it on 2 different computers and my neighbor's and they all load the page properly, but with non-functioning right blocks.

Weird part is, when I switch the blocks to the left side, they work again. But when on the right, they don't.

thanks for your suggestions so far. I appreciate all the help I can get.

myrtletrees
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:10 am Reply with quote

Your site looks like it has right side blocks to me.
Did you fix it?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:14 am Reply with quote

Actually, there is something wrong with the footer too? It just looks to me like it is not complete, which might point to some bad HTML having been introduced somewhere. Another reason I mention this is that the right blocks are called from footer.php. Have you made any code changes there?

Might be worth trying the same using a test database with your same data, but with all the original RavenNuke76 files. I am just thinking you've made an edit somewhere that has caused this.

arahad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:09 am Reply with quote

Myrtletrees: No they still aren't fixed. The problem is not getting them to be visible, buit getting the mdules to function properly. Like the visitor's counter, who's online, etc. The blocks are there but they do not function. But they do work if I move them to the left.

Montego: Nothing wrong with the footer. There are no settings for it. It's not supposed to say or do anything. Plus I tried using other themes that were never altered and the blocks still don't work. I just tried creating a test database on another site that I have and reloading everything. Still the right blcoks don't work. They were working fine on up until I moved one of the blocks up a little bit in the blocks section. then it broke. I haven't added or edited anything in atleast a week.

Do you think I need to wipe it and clean install?

THANKS for all your help everyone!

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:38 pm Reply with quote

i can only think of one thing...the weights are off...not sure how functional this is in nuke but i have gotten problems when i noticed a blocks weight being higher then its set to...u might want to click the fix blocks weights button at the bottom as nuke will automatically set them in an order proper to itself.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:00 pm Reply with quote

Thanks darklord I tried that and still its not working. im in the process of resetting the entire backup from a few days ago so ill see what happens after that.

arahad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:03 pm Reply with quote

ok after uploading the backup the issue is still there. ive no idea at this point.

gregexp

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:23 pm Reply with quote

well aparently they are their but not workin correctly...like the latest users and such...see the deal is like this...computers only do what u tell them to...so either u urself altered somethin...database tables code changes...anything or ur host.
and without knowing what u or ur host did just before the blocks stopped workin correctly...leads us to one conclusion...stumped.

give us as much info on what u know happened and well try our best to repond to let u know what probably caused this...other then that...its like needles in a haystack.

arahad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:12 pm Reply with quote

I have already stated everything that happened.

All that was done is as follows. i went into my admin page, then to blocks. from blocks all I did was simply move my blocks either up or down on the right side and i switched one block over the the left, thats all nothing more, no settings changed, no files altered, nothing to do with the host, nothing was added to the site as far as content or modules, no alterations to the template. and this is why ive no clue whats going on. it was immediatly after i finished moving my block positions around that I noticed they were no longer functioning anymore. I have already confirmed with my host that they altered nothing.

i doubt that this info will help much but at this point anything is worth trying. otherwise im going to wipe the site and remake it....UGH!

montego

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:00 pm Reply with quote

Then, one of these blocks has an issue. I've seen this before. I know this may be painful, but try moving one block at a time from the left to the right until you find which one its breaking on. Depending on how their coded, you never know. It could even have some variable definitions / updates that are conflicting with the module in the center.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic