Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> GT - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro
whitebox
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:31 pm Reply with quote

i installed gt on my new raven distro 7.6 v2.02.02, and it seams to be working fine but what i'm confused about is this;
ok first i changed only header.php, footer.php, modules.php, htaccess and uploaded the googletap folder i did not change anything in the admin/modules/modules.php file. So for my side menu i'm using sommaire since i could not get codezwiz modules to work so ok that is basic what i have installed, back to my confusion
in the menu i can see all the links (your_account, forums, downloads etc etc) when i go over lets say your account link and click on it first time my address bar reads [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and it takes me to login page or to my account if i'm loged in (so it's working fine) but now what confuses me is if i click on the your account link again right after the first click it takes me to same page but the address bar is reading [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
i know that is what gt-nextgen should be doing but shouldn't i be taken to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] in first place
i mean after i clicked on your account first time shouldn't that take me right the way to account.html and not account.html.
think if google scans my site for links etc and if it does only once a day so that means google will never be able to see that account.html since first time it shows that modules.php?name thing

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:39 am Reply with quote

From the index.php page, you have no modules selected (well, not quite, News is by default), and so the blocks (including Sommaire) are only being tapped based on the module that is selected. The base GTNG package install forces you to hard-code your block URLs. If you want the modules block links to be tapped there is the "Main Menu Tweak" that you can use plus the block. However, I do not recommend these as they require hard-coded links. Get my GTBlocks Hack from my site and you can tap your individual blocks too without the main menu tweak and without hard-coding your links in your blocks.

whitebox

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:39 am Reply with quote

that is what i was thinking too, it has to be hard coded for each block.
i guess i'll have to live with the way it is, i might be good with themes coding but with php code i'm still learning Very Happy
Thanks Montego !!

montego

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:14 am Reply with quote

Quote:

guess i'll have to live with the way it is

I would hate for you to have to do this. Do you have a local test system that you could try my hack on? It really is pretty easy but I would try it out first OR make sure you take a good back up of your mainfile.php so you can get the original back quickly.

Why not give it a try? Wink

whitebox

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:07 pm Reply with quote

right now i'm trying to get codezwiz modules CZMV4-75 to work with this new raven distro.
so far no luck.
with the codezwiz CZM i can change the links to html since it's google tap ready, but i'm having hard time to get it working with nsn groups and it doesn't recognize new modules.

dirtbag
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:55 pm Reply with quote

montego

excellent tweak.. i was wondering about why the blocks didnt show google tapped on the main page.. i figured it was something like explained above...

i just did my Digital_Goods module and it worked perfectly...

you should make a seperate thread here on HOW TO GOOGLE TAP BLOCKS

as i think many people would be interested in this..

montego

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:53 am Reply with quote

dirtbag, thanks for the kudos! Very much appreciated. I am actually starting work on incorporating GTNG into RavenNuke76 so that will definitely help. I am also going to make it switchable on/off to help with debugging, even though one can accomplish the same thing by renaming the GoogleTap folder...

whitebox

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:31 am Reply with quote

montego i have NSN News 200rc2 tap if you need you can get it of my site.
i tested that one with 76 2.02.02 and it works fine.

montego

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:34 am Reply with quote

whitebox, appreciate the offer, but we would only provide the "taps" for core RavenNuke76 modules and blocks. We are not using NSN News in RN76. However, thanks for posting because now others may find this and know where to go... Wink

strik9

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:42 am Reply with quote

Can someone send me the GT NextGen files. I caonnot find them anywhere. I need them for ravennukes current version Please my friends.

montego

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:45 am Reply with quote

I have just added the original .4 beta of GTNG here:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I am working on a revised approach for this for RavenNuke76. So, when it comes out, you will have the latest via the upgrade.

strik9

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:47 am Reply with quote

I have signed up for your site just yesterday. Is a nice site my friend. Will definately get the beta. Should i consider it a true beta and report any issues back to you ?

montego

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:56 am Reply with quote

No. I am not offerring support at this time as this is not my script (except for my GTBlocks Hack). The author never finished it, but it works reasonably well (at least with my GTBlock hack so you can 'tap' your blocks too).

Once I release this as TegoNuke(tm) ShortURLs in the coming months, I will add forum(s).

Since this is just GTNG, you may be able to look for issues over at nukecops.

strik9

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:46 am Reply with quote

thanks my friend, if i can help you in any way just look me up at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

montego

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:12 am Reply with quote

strik9, thank you.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> GT - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro

View next topic
View previous topic