Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
shawn_himself
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:32 pm Reply with quote

hey guys im just tryin to find a download link to get my hands on that security code forthe user info block or user login block.

i ran a search and i keep gettin the e-mail mod one. thats not what im lookin for. anyone have a url offhand to where i can get that at ? thanks

ill keep searching as well. thanks.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:10 pm Reply with quote

u have to have it activated in the config.php in order for it to show up..u probably have a user info block that does this already...but if its not turned on in config.php then u will not see it.

gfx_check..set it to what the config file says to.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:30 pm Reply with quote

thank you for the info on that

i set it option 4 on the config file. then i went back to view my site and there is no change on the login block at all. i guess im missing something somewhere

i rebuilt the db and re set the tables. justto see if that was it.

in the config.php it says here ...

$gfx_chk: Set the graphic security code on every login screen,
You need to have GD extension installed:

my question is what is GD ? lol

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:47 pm Reply with quote

Try changing the setting to '7' and see if you get it then. If not, then you will need to create a script with the following in it and execute it from your browser:

Code:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Look for a section that says "gd" and/or possibly "GD Support" of "enabled".

Don't tell us what you names this PHP script and remove it soon after you have verified this. This script exposes things that you do not want to be exposed.

shawn_himself

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:50 pm Reply with quote

update:

i just ran ravens exp on my site to see if GD is installed. it says it isnt.

<?
if (extension_loaded('gd')) echo "GD is loaded";
else echo "GD is NOT loaded";
?>

i have no idea what you mentioned can do lol but ill try that now

montego

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:00 pm Reply with quote

No need. What you have just posted already answers the question. Your host does not have GD installed. You will need to ask them to do so.

shawn_himself

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:32 am Reply with quote

yeah that was gonna be my next question. i e-mailed my host on it to request that it be installed or enabled ( dont know how it works )

he mailed me back asking what GD is lol

i gues i fiqured since was the host he would know or whatever , you know.

but anyways where could i go to get this GD or or whatever i need to make it work? then i get it to my host. thanks again.

srhh
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:01 pm Reply with quote

You could always switch to RavenHosting. Cool
(..couldn't resist...)

RavensScripts

montego

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:52 am Reply with quote

srhh, shameless you are Laughing Even I held back, which is very unusual....

shawn_himself

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:03 am Reply with quote

hahaha nice

ive read up on it have a better understanding on it now. thanx for the info and help. my admin e-mailed me back sayin GD was installed.

so when i run a gdtest on it it still says not installed lol. i looked into raven hosting once before it is to high and and you dont get very much for it. at least i thought it was raven. lol

anyways i get unlimited everything (SQL db ,e-mail accts, ftp accts,) with current host with 3 gb storage and 60 gig transfer for $5/mo.

notto many people can beat that deal.

gregexp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:08 pm Reply with quote

ur right...but look at what ur paying for...a server that just isnt setup right...a host that might be THINKIN gd is installed when it isnt...security will now be limited ...god only knows what else the servers settings might be...so when u pay for ravens...u pay for the experience raven has as well as the support for ur site that raven as well as others are more then willing to provide and ur site will have TRUE functionality...not this half here whole there and not at all somewhere...so think about what that 5 dollars a month gives u...seems to me...ur left fending for urself in a world that is niether easy nor nice...so with raven...u have peace of mind that ur server is setup correctly...i cant tell u how many servers ive seen owned because of these half functional junk they think secures it...believe me when i say....Raven knows...and u can rest assure that anything u run into will have the attention of more then one mind...and u know what they say...1 heads good...2 heads bad...most think with the wrong one...but 3 heads is perfect...one to think of how to make it work one to do somethin unexpected and one to tell u which to listen to. ROTFL

shawn_himself

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:07 am Reply with quote

raven wouldnt want my biz right now lol

it seems i have picked up a " fan " if you will

this mofo has has nother better to do in life ( i guess like most "wannabe hackers") than to attack my site at all hours of the day and night.

hence why im tryin to get my security code to work.

he is using a what i guess you will call a bot ddos attack. using proxies his bots register and create accounts and then login.

ive currently switched to a html page for now till i get it all worked out lol.

and no i havent put my nuke site back up. i kinna want too though just to see if the sentinel will block them out or at least help.

i have set up all the options in the blocker settings menu. i was just thinking that enabling the $gfx_chk would be a better fix for this kind of attack. and yes i have the proxy detection level set to high in the sentinel menu. the dos protection is also on.

but how effictive is it ?

sak
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:14 pm Reply with quote

I was never able to get the security code to work myself. This is despite the fact that GD is supposedly installed and enabled:

Code:
GD Support    enabled

GD Version    bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
FreeType Support    enabled
FreeType Linkage    with freetype
GIF Read Support    enabled
GIF Create Support    enabled
JPG Support    enabled
PNG Support    enabled
WBMP Support    enabled
XBM Support    enabled

I gave up a long time ago. I will most likely switch to Raven's hosting myself, when I'm able to move a bunch of websites. I wish I had a security image Sad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic