Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
orochimaru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:18 am Reply with quote

I did a fresh install and all works and displays like it should execpt for one little problem. I set the group settings in a block. When I log in with a user, the block doesn't show. The user I test with is in the group I set the block to. The only time any of the blocks show is if I log in as admin. The"Who can view this" is set to "Groups only" and the "What group" is set to the group my normal user is in. Any idea what is causeing this?
I have searched for days trying to figure this out cause I know it's probably something really simple and am not seeing it.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:26 am Reply with quote

I just did a fresh install, added a user names "testuser1", added a group called "TestGroup", assigned that user to that group, set the Encyclopedia module to that group only and the Who Is Online block to that group only. Logged out of admin and logged in as "testuser1". I can see both the module in the list and the block. I log out and I do not see either one. This appears to be working.

Please check that your block is Active. If it is, then we're going to have to understand better what you have set up because I cannot replicate it.

orochimaru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:02 am Reply with quote

Let me ask this, could it be I don't have a CHMOD set correctly somewhere?

montego

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:30 am Reply with quote

No, there would be nothing specific to NSN Groups that would require any different file permissions than what you already have everywhere else.

Again, are you sure the block is "Active"? Sorry to ask this again, but you did not state that you checked that. I just cannot see what this would be as I cannot replicate it.

orochimaru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:56 pm Reply with quote

Sry about that, yes the blocks are active. I'm going to try a fresh install one more time. I may have missed a step or somthing. I will let you know how it goes.

montego

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:14 am Reply with quote

Make sure all 4 steps of the installSQL.php are done and make sure all your files get FTP'd to the server (however, this usually causes more severe errors so doubtful their it).

orochimaru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:43 pm Reply with quote

ok after further troubleshooting I found out what it was. It was because of a theme I installed. I really didn't think that NSN Groups would not cooperate if you installed a theme. It's not just a regular theme, it is an Authotheme Theme. I will have to look around to find out exactly why groups don't wanna work with Autotheme.

montego

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:02 pm Reply with quote

I have never used Autotheme, so am not sure what it would be doing. I always thought that mainfile.php controlled whether a block is viewable or not and not the theme code itself. It must have some additional logic in there that is also trying to control the view permissions.

Cabal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:39 pm Reply with quote

orochimaru did you get anywhere with this ?

i think its includes/php-nuke/atAPI.php and the function inside it called atBlockLoad

i think it only checks if admin or not

it is beyond my php to add groups for checks in there i think

if you ahve a crack at this gimme a shout if i can help

orochimaru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:10 pm Reply with quote

I reinstalled raven without the use of autotheme and everything is working right. I am not goin to use autotheme because after looking at the coding I didn't like it and made everything just to difficult for my level of knowledge to fix. So as of now everything is working fine without Autotheme installed.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic