Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro
mrbilly
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:23 pm Reply with quote

I have just downloaded the latest raven nuke package... 2006-04-20 v2.02.02

when i try to burn the downloaded files to a cd, i get error messages about numerious files, explaining that they may be copied with errors or have some data or information missing...does anyone know why and what I should do?

Also, what does FCK stand for?

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:35 pm Reply with quote

FCKeditor is the WYSIWYG editor in nukeWYSIWYG. It is the initials of the author, Frederico Caldeira Knabben.

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:36 pm Reply with quote

Which files give errors?

mrbilly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:24 pm Reply with quote

There are many files giving the same error...the error reads:

the file 'whatever_name' has extra information attached to it that might be lost if you continue copying. The contents of the file will not be affected. Do you want to copy the file anyway?

In fact, upon further investigation, it appears that this is for all the files, as I have yet to come accross one that doesnt give the error whern I try copying them all to a CD....this is made worse as there is no....'yes to all command' present, so I am having to click 'yes' on every file....I have now stopped as this is very very very time consuuming. Some of the files are as follows:

DISCLAIMER

.htaccess

.staccess

abuse_admin.tpl

abuse_author.tpl

abuse_clike.tpl

abuse_default.tpl

abuse_filter.tpl

abuse_flood.tpl

abuse_harvester.tpl

abuse_referer.tpl

abuse_request.tpl

abuse_script.tpl

abuse_string.tpl

..any ideas

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:43 pm Reply with quote

Windows doesn't like files with no name and only an extension (e.g. .htaccess). Not sure why the others aren't working thought. Why not just put the compressed file on the CD?

mrbilly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:55 pm Reply with quote

well i did think that i could do just that...that is, just burn the zipped file to cd.

But what will happen when i ftp all the files in ravens php nuke to my server, then once I customise my theme etc and I want to download them for backup off the server and burn THAT to cd?

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:08 pm Reply with quote

Your server should provide the ability to download a compressed copy of all your files and of your database. You could download that and burn to CD if you like.

mrbilly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:13 pm Reply with quote

But I do not understand why i didnt have this problem with the other websites i have installed, which use nuke 7.6 with patch 3.0 or 3.1

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:18 pm Reply with quote

I wonder if your download / ZIP file was corrupt or upon extraction if these files were corrupted. Of course, we are also assuming that you have downloaded to a Windows machine and done the uncompress using a reputable unarchive utility...

mrbilly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:32 am Reply with quote

in the past I downloaded the zip of nuke 7.6 and either patch 3.0 or 3.1 using a windows pc and the built in zip file extractor...I had no problems...the files all ftp'ed ok and i could also burn them from their downoaded location on my hard drive to a cd......i am now, of course, also able to ftp all those files that were place on the server and which have subsequently been modified for theme and to eliminate various other bugs, back to my hard drive and back them up on cd too.

I have never had any problems until now and I do not know why the pc is 'unhappy' with what is now apparently ALL the files in the raven distribution pack.

I am sure the file extraction was successfull...

After extraction there is a total of 3,786 files and 252 folders, all with a total size of 18.3 MB (or 27.5MB on Disk)

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:49 am Reply with quote

Just to rule out issues with the O/S and/or hardware, have you tried to burn other files to CD since you noticed this issue with the recent attempts with RN76?

There really is nothing that I can think of other than windows/burn sw/hardware issues...

mrbilly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:15 am Reply with quote

Yes...With everything else, my CD unit is playing and burning as happily as ever before.

montego

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:08 am Reply with quote

Uughhhhhh... I am out of ideas. There is just nothing special about these files that I can think of that would be causing you these issues. Sorry.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:24 pm Reply with quote

the problem of this..with any file..ussually refers to somethin in its properties..what are u tryin to extract these files with....with certain extracters..not being the same as ravens...the compression rate is different...i personally use iceows...which has an auto detect to match virtually all compression rates out there...id sudjest u try to install that and use it.

I am thinkin that the software raven uses may be different or at a different compression ratio that ur software cant handle...without adding info into the pcs properties...as this is what SOME are designed to do.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:09 pm Reply with quote

hi darklord...thanx for that. I have downloaded the files to my local PC drive and uncompresses/unzipped them using the built in unzipper in windows xp....i then uploaded/ftp'ed the uncompressed/unzipped files ok, but they just have this error appearing when i try to write them to cd...its not a BIG problem, just strange, moreover annoying.

gregexp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:11 pm Reply with quote

well hopefully u take the advice

windows standard...how many times have i heard windows was the problem in the first place killing me

mrbilly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quote

Sad ....oh....so it is xp eh?.....oh lord......so what gives?!.....i have not had this problem when trying to burn earlier versions of nukephp to cd...like 7.6.

gregexp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:17 pm Reply with quote

no probably not xp itself...i was makin a lame attempt at a joke...but when i got ravens...iceows opened it up right away..no problems

mrbilly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quote

yes yes...i can open the files ok.....i have had no problems OPENING the files once they were unzipped/unclomresssed....problem is only when I try to copy the downloaded files to cd......

gregexp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:31 pm Reply with quote

but what im tryin to say is...if the compression was different from the program u use...it may not have been able to unzip them PROPERLY...as this is not uncommon

It will add things in the registry and properties of the files so that windows knows what to do with them and where to put them.

I think this is the added info its referring to.

Iceows did not do anything but unzip them...so I can write them to a cd....thats what im tryin to explain...its just hard to put it all in words.

mrbilly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:34 pm Reply with quote

yes.....i do understand, but this does not explain why i didnt have this problem when using my SAME pc when i downloaded nuke 7.6 a little time ago and then burned it straight to cd....no problems there, so there is no logic to all this....see?

gregexp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:50 pm Reply with quote

its not ur pc...or ur program...its ravens zip program zipping the files differently from what ur program can read...see its just ur program didnt recognize ravens compression data...it all depends on WHO zipped it and what program they used.

mrbilly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:51 pm Reply with quote

yes...yes....how 'slow' of me......of course....i understand now.....THANK YOU darklord. Wave

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro

View next topic
View previous topic