Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
colochris

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:12 pm Reply with quote

Hello I am just wondering if the new Raven v2.02.02 is search engine crawl-able?

Or is there a page where I can go in and add like a title or meta tags

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:09 pm Reply with quote

is this a joke?

Susann

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:37 pm Reply with quote

Some Content Management Systems have this option. In Nuke there isn´t such an option without installing some extra module.You need to change the keywords in includes/meta.php

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:44 pm Reply with quote

nice susann....
your so kind....
soon we will call you "Miss faq"..

Susann

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:48 pm Reply with quote

Miss Marple would be better.I´m not always so kind most ot the time I´m a bad girl.

colochris and the describtion in your forums administration.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:51 pm Reply with quote

that sounds nice...
it can be a good thing... killing me
depends on what you like... Laughing

Susann

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:58 pm Reply with quote

I´m sure I don t like any spam and what I like and prefer is my secret. Razz

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:52 pm Reply with quote

Did I miss something Hitwalker, why would it be a joke? Confused

You can also use a sitemap and submit that to Google. Googletap is also supposed to make your site more SE friendly.

Have a look at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] for tips.

Jakec

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:27 pm Reply with quote

I would hold of on Googletap for now. Montego is currently working hard on integrating something for the next RN release.

jakec

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:44 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for that Guardian that is good news. I don't personally use Googletap, but I do have a sitemap, which seems to work well.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:53 pm Reply with quote

No problem!
Just to recap on some previous comments in these forums for those that find this thread using the search function....
Nuke IS crawlable to search engines provided the module permissions is not set to 'registered users' and you have not deliberately blocked them.
Googletap employs a method known as url re-writing to make the url shorter and more manageable. Some people think it makes no difference whether you have short, meaningful url's but I will beg to differ as I have seen better results *with* than without on many sites.

Sitemaps do not improve ranking or anything per se, but they do serve a very important job - they provide direct links to content which a search engine might otherwise miss.
In the case of the module available at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] that modules provides a dynamic Google sitemap so your sitemap is constantly updated ensuring that Google at least has an easy way to find stuff.
I use both an XML and HTML sitemaps on one of my sites.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:02 pm Reply with quote

no i wasnt joking jakec...
As it seems to me that a question like "if the new Raven v2.02.02 is search engine crawl-able" is the same as can sentinel ban ip addresses?....lol
The question posted is very basic ....

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:13 am Reply with quote

There has been some debate as to whether long URLs or URLs with lots of parameters (a la nuke) are good or bad with respect to search engine placement. I wouldn't say that they are bad, but would definitely agree that having a Google sitemap helps significantly with Google.

BTW, nukeSEO also includes a META tag editor and tools for researching keywords and more.

viper155
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:27 pm Reply with quote

nukeSEO doesnt seem to work for me. I think my Sommaire menu is messing it up and not letting it fill my dynamic Google sitemap. ;(

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:00 pm Reply with quote

I'm not sure why Sommaire would mess up your Google Sitemap or nukeSEO, for that matter. It might conflict with nukeWYSIWYG...

viper155

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:13 am Reply with quote

Im not sure either, over at the nukeseo site I noticed in a topic that three of us couldnt get it working and the only thing our site had in common was the Sommaire menu.

Just a guess. Sad

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:39 am Reply with quote

Several people have reported similar problems. I will investigate - which version of Sommaire are you using?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:47 am Reply with quote

I am using Sommaire 2.1.1 on my domain with the nukeSEO sitemap and even GT'd. I have not yet tried the 3.0 beta of Sommaire with nukeSEO and, unfortunately, since the author of Sommaire is no longer active, we have to use 3.0 at our own "risk".

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:56 am Reply with quote

And you aren't having problems with 2.1.1?

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:00 am Reply with quote

Laughing I guess I should have specifically stated that everything is working "a-ok". Sorry about that. It was implied but really hidden in-between the lines.

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:07 am Reply with quote

No problem. I just wanted to clarify before I invested time in testing Sommaire with nukeSEO. Sounds like I need to look directly at viper155's issue.

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:20 am Reply with quote

If viper is using any of the DHTML features, he may want to try and turn those off for the Sitemap link just to see if it could be Sommaire, but I just do not see how. It is just another module that is enabled through this block...

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:34 am Reply with quote

Exactly. The sitemap doesn't use the blocks, and shouldn't even use the javascript include, for that matter. There must be something else...

Tao_Man
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:50 am Reply with quote

for the record I am having the same problem as viper155, I am using the beta Sommaire 3.0a, I don't think that has anything to do with it though, I did an uninstall of it and still had the problem. Granted I may have missed something but I don't think Sommaire is the problem.

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:04 pm Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Sommaire isn't the problem, too. When I have time, I'll try to figure out what the deal is with your sitemaps.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic